Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 12:24:40
Page:  1 
Keep the name? Started by: O_Banion on Feb 25, '10 16:50

O'Banion was out in the street's as he just heard Tyrion talk about how the streets should be more about debates and more on course topics rather than yourself know this makes me since and hearing the great debate sparked a debate he was curious about himself.

So after hearing the speech O'Banion step's up adjusting his tie and clearing his throat (ahhm)

We all here believe in fighting till the last man is dead or at least we should. No matter what rank may be, made into the family or just an associate. If you made it alive as Gangster it was because of a family and not yourself, there is too many trigger men out here buying new gun's and wanting to improve the aim.

In the case that a war broke out and just a handful of you made it out alive, would it be wrong to continue the family name or would at that point you should change the name.

Me personally I'd rather live by the name that gave me the chance, what would you do?

O'Banion steps back and tilts his head to the side as he awaits to hear what others think should happen or what they would do.

Report Post Tip

louis listens well to this good mans speech.... his ears prick up,and his ever so wide mouth opens.....

well good sir if you look around at the familly names that are in exsitance right now and if you were to do your research i think that you will find that some have been used in the past weather their sons of there crew leader father have reached up to comparisson and carried on the leagcy, or freinds and even foes have adopted the name...

i dount feel there is anything wrong in using a familly name again...unless your talking about a rouge made-y man thing that wants to take things into there own habds then why would you want to re-use that name.

its a shame tho there has been some great cl and familly names that have never been used again..... and that brings me to my next point sometimes its just better to let the leagcy die,written in the books and left for everyone to admire..

with that loui grasps for air,kicks his heels together and swaggers off

Report Post Tip

O'Banion steps forward again shaking his head in approval of what Loui just said

I was more thinking about if all of the Uper-Structure fell and it left you and a handful of associate left to fight for the family. So now you must buy a HQ and bring the rest of the family in. Would you run the name of the fallen family and fight under it or create your own name and continue to fight.

Report Post Tip

you wouldnt get the chance to man ..... sorry

Report Post Tip

You may get the chance, if you were quick, but I feel you would be taken out very swiftly.

Report Post Tip

It could work either way depending on many factors. If the leader was truly loved and the crew could gain from keeping the name, such as getting more attention and receiving more people applying to work for it.

But there is also the risk of being accused of lack of originality. As a general rule, every leader needs to have his/her own flavor for the crew, including name, banner and Family policies.

Report Post Tip

I would like the original name

Report Post Tip

I think that keeping a family name alive can be both a good and bad thing. I think many factors come into play with choosing a name for your family. Does the city your in have a requirement or does the name family name belong to the people of that family and any of them that chose to continue on that torch have a right to use it. Once a line has fallen even if a torch is picked up in the name of the family it will not be the same family of people but an honoring of a name. I think that if the family had a legacy people still wished to embrace then go for it. But if it was a stain on society I doubt anyone would want to use that name to make it have any connection with them. So I think the question really boils down to would anyone still want to carry the torch so to speak or not of that family name.

Report Post Tip

Singer walks around listening to the people speak. He thinks for a moment and wonders what he would do. After hearing WolfVidi he then confirms his thoughts to words.

If you all dont mind i would like to share my opinion. I Thinks beautiful thing to honor your Leaders your amigos and keep the family name. What ever one thing is there always is a is not. And though may it may be beautiful it is also not honoring to your fallen brothers or sisters. The only reason i say that really is because that was their point in time. To go ahead and keep the name really only would matter to a few people. one of them being the Kin of the fallen ancestor, the People who killed the old crew leader, and your group as a whole. Me personally i would take a piece of it off so for example, Instead of the Imperial Hawks it would be something like the Imperial Nines. It would honor My fallen leader yet it would show that his family of old had some of their own creativity. I hope that my opinion is understood.

Singer smiles and right before he disappears he speaks once more.

Im going to a coffee shop ill be right back.

Report Post Tip

Me personally I'd rather live by the name that gave me the chance, what would you do?

It's not simply the 'name that gave you a chance', it's your family. A 'family' isn't just the leader. No man is an island, same as no one man makes a family. The people who go on to achieve great things in cosa nostra, though they are few and far between, will all hold one thing in common. They will all have great people around them. Be it direct family or families working under them. Without the right people around you, you can't build an empire, be that as a city or as a family.

Taking the Flying Monkeys as an example, while I might be the head of the family and be in a position to make the decisions which could lead the family into trouble, it isn't me that makes it a family. It's the dedication and hard work of the members, past, present and future.

Taking one example, Sherminator has been a Monkey since the day the headquarter doors first opened. Any history or legacy which might, some day, be left behind by the Monkeys would be every bit as much his legacy as mine. His loyalty isn't to himself, it isn't even just to me, it's to each and every member of our family. I could just as easily have selected another member as an example, the point would be the same. I don't make the Monkeys the family they are, the Monkeys do.

Should any of them ever be required to step in and fill a gap left by my death, while they wouldn't be obliged or expected to do it, they would be equally as entitled to carry on OUR family name (not 'my' family name) as I was in selecting it for us in the first place. There is no right or wrong answer to it, it's simply a choice for the person in question to do what they wish to do and what they believe is right for them.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Keep the name?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL