Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 04:50:05
Page:  1 
Why Do They Do It? Started by: TheoWhite on Feb 27, '10 14:19

Theo walks into the streets, finding a soapbox and standing on it, head held high, starts to speak

"Hello people, I have come here today to ask a question, this question is open for you to discuss looks at Bellissima knowing that she loves a debate/discussion in the street but my question is:

"Why Do They Do It?"

What I mean by this is why do some sponsored people take random shots at people.This has happened to my bloodline twice now, once they missed, and once they hit them, killing them dead, I have come here today to ask people why they think this has happened, what I think is is that these people are wanting to die, they are bored of life, or feel that they have made the wrong choise in life, but I have no idea, does anyone agree that they take shots because maybe they wanted to shoot themselves in the head, but just wanted to go out with a bang?

Theo waits for peoples response

Report Post Tip

<blockquote cite="">...what I think is is that these people are wanting to die, they are bored
of life, or feel that they have made the wrong choice in life...
</blockquote>

Those are usually the reasons why such events occur, outside of war. Seems you've answered your own question, Mr. White.

However, there is one other reasons for rogue shots that you didn't mention. Sometimes tempers flare between members in different families (sometimes in the same family) and shooting is the end result.

Report Post Tip

Ignore my ramblings of "blockquote" and "cite".

I haven't had my coffee yet and the morning paper is calling me...

Report Post Tip

Don't worry about it, I'm sure I have done the same things before, but probably from "accidentally" taking the drugs instead of selling them.

Theo laughs

Report Post Tip

Personally, I do it just out of pure curiousity as to whether or not the person I select is in the same city as me.  It's much easier than checking out a locals directory.

Report Post Tip

That could be another reason, yes... but probably not the most common, I think that might just be you...

Report Post Tip

Personally, I do it just out of pure curiousity as to whether or not the person I select is in the same city as me. It's much easier than checking out a locals directory.

You scare me FP. :(

Report Post Tip

Thats because mindless gangsters are given a gun with no idea as to what to do with it, it burs a hole in there briefs were they hide it,thinking the cops wont no!!!

unfutantley the bussiness that were in we will always get this problem,its not going away....... im sure that there is measures for the sponsord who just shoot for the fun of it.i.e. the cl compensating the next of kin....etc...i do hate it tho

Report Post Tip

So are you saying that you think that they are not well informed of what to do when they get a gun?

Report Post Tip

erm yea....but nif your new to our way of life...and you get a gun "fucking jackpot" right?  for an out sider this is "mafia bitch"  but at the end of the day these gangsters with guns shudnt really have the skill to just shoot randomly...if your shot at and go down id say really unlucky...the chances of a new starter gangster type hiiting you with out any trainig or knowledge of how to do it are slim....

Report Post Tip

Though the chances may be slim, there is a chance that they will hit you, which is a real blow to the son, who has just lost a father, from pure idiocy in my opinion, I mean one of my bloodline was killed as a gangster, maybe not a big deal, (OOC:he had wise guy xp, which was a whole days work, and now that's fucking annoying).

Report Post Tip

your frustration is justified, my blood line has been around these streets since almost the begining and i have seen some great travisties,for the 2% of the chance that this will happen,what would you you suggest.... only issue a gun when taken in by a crew?

as we all no surving the first 48hrs is always the hardest...this is the world we chose to live in

Report Post Tip

This is the world we choose to live in, and there is no real way to do it, because I don't believe that we could agree on a blanket rule for everyone, because everyone is different, and doing as you suggested would work for a few people, but some people who's fathers are very well known, may be ready to shoot before other people, and be able to know what to do/who to shoot...

Report Post Tip

yea so it comes to the point when in the grand scheme of things, is that your self was himself "only" i use only lightly mind .a gangster...so it comes to the point when you have to pick up from were he left off and put the work back into the community to move up the ranks ...in turn will give you some more security in the knowledge that some silly idiotic gangster who doesnt no his arse from his elbow from even getting close to shooting you

Report Post Tip

I would have to agree with that, very well said Loui

Theo smiles

Report Post Tip

There are 2 quite simple reasons.

1, Their head and ego is 40 times the size of their brain.

2. They have not been taught properly.

Report Post Tip

There are many possible reasons someone would try to do that.

1.They wish to die

2.They hate the victim

3. They think that if they kill someone with a high rank their bosses will give them a promotion

4.They wanted to train their guns and were to lazy to find unsponsored victims

5.They're morons

Report Post Tip

Thanks for all of those, I particually like the #5 option that you spoke of, it is probably the one that is the most true.

Report Post Tip

William can't help but comment on this topic as he too feels strongly about it

Well, I have never been a victim of these random shots that you speak of and neither was any of my bloodline but I know enough about this topic to comment on it and I think that these aren't as 'random' as they look. It is my humble opinion that the people who do these things are egotistical bastards who apparently want to get back at us for some small wrong like a pickpocket we may have done to them in the far and distant past and this when coupled with some stress like them finding out they were adopted could lead them to snap and of course make them shoot their guns or sometimes in chaps like Woodstein it could make them shoot their mouths off so that somebody else shoots them. 

However, FlyingPig. You scare me.A lot.Please tell me if you are in a foul mood and I will try to get as far away from you as possible.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why Do They Do It?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL