Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 14:43:00
Page:  1 
Changing my Flag Started by: Ricin on Mar 01, '10 14:15

Ricin steps out of his HQ and begins to walk down the drag, slowly puffing on his cigar deep in thought. This issue had been keeping him up at night for weeks now. It's amazing how the past can haunt someone even so long after the fact. This would no doubt he seen as unorthodox, but it was necessary if he was going to go forward. He would catch grief without a doubt. But, Ricin needed to right the darkest hour in his bloodlines criminal career. Especially coming to Las Vegas and being given his chance to show his worth, this must be done. It is too close to home to ignore. Deep in thought about what he was to say, Ricin looked up and realized that he had arrived at his destination. Shaking the nerves off, he ascends the soapbox and composes himself.

Good evening,

I have come here to announce something that may be viewed as strange in our way of life. I have thought long and hard on the matter, and I have deemed that is is something I must do. This issue has keep me awake since gaining Don status within Las Vegas. There is an event in my families past that I have read often about, and am deeply ashamed of. Not many people today will be able to remember what instance I am speaking of, but I do. I am speaking of my great, great etc Grandfather, Skulls. For those of you that do not know the story I will give you a brief overview.

Flashback

Skulls had worked up the ranks of the Las Vegas mob under Don Animal, leader of Casa Ombra. Skulls was the model mobster in the infant family at the time. Skulls dug day in and day out to make Las Vegas a landmark among the other mafia families. Due to his dedication, Skulls was bestowed with the honor of being named the Right Hand Man of Casa Ombra and then honored even more when he was asked to be Don Animals captain within Las Vegas. Skulls family, The Renegades, grew steadily into a 50 man captain crew. Time passed, and Skulls served the city honorably in peace and war. After months of steadily proving himself a capable leader, Animal gave him the offer of his lifetime. He asked Skulls if he would take over command of New Orleans as is acting Godfather. Skulls accepted instantly. Things were moving smoothly until Animals untimely demise at the hands of L.A a month after the move. Out of fear or dread, 6 of Animals high rankers set up after his death to combat the enemy. All were killed, except for Ace_Rimmer. Ace was condemned to death by Iris of Philly and Alessia of Chicago. Ace went down quickly and quietly. After the takedown, Ace's son came to Skulls with dark news. He had evidence that Don Alessia was planning to war Skulls and New Orleans. Skulls, blind with rage, shot Alessia's captain. The war had begun and it was going to be a bloody affair... Had things gone correctly. After the second volley of shots from both sides, Skulls disappeared. The narcoleptic bastard fell asleep right after he had started a war, leaving his family to be destroyed and leaving himself to be killed in his sleep.

Present

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the darkest chapter is my family lines history. The fact that such a disgrace is on my family name is inexcusable. I feel that I, as his successor, must right this wrong. That is why right now, I am changing my family name to The Renegades and going to remove the stain that that name brings to my mind. I know that this is a bit odd and unorthodox but I must complete this. I named my family The Scarabs because this is a new beginning. I was premature with my decision. Being in Las Vegas again, the birthplace of that dark chapter, I must fix it the best I can. Before I can start anything new, I must complete this challenge of the past.

I hope that this speech will clear up some of the confusion I know this will cause. No, sorry guys, no rogues to hunt down at the moment. Thank you for your time.

Report Post Tip

It's nice to know alittle more about your Heritage, even if it is alittle dark. It's rare to see people come forward and Admit a mistake, even if it was a previous bloodline, so I take my hat off to you sir.

Good Luck to The Renegades, best of Luck removing the stains of any bloodline passed. My bloodline too has had many mistakes too, sometimes it feels good to fix them, even just for yourself.

Report Post Tip

-Lana- listens to Ricins speech and makes her way through the crowd and shakes his hand.

We don't know eachother but I admire someone who comes to the streets and talks about his ancestors mistakes. Most of us have those relatives, they say or do things that we, the new generation, are ashamed of. I wish you the best with your new start, sir.

Report Post Tip

Gaius listened intently to Ricin's recount of history, it always intrigued him since his bloodline was never around during the old times, and he listened to anyone who would talk about past times. He nodded at the man's somber apology and smiled... for he too understood what it meant to come out and admit his own downfalls

In each downfall, we learn. That is what makes us better mafioso's, I can imagine that the incident in question was one of the largest mistakes of your bloodline, but I am also sure that your bloodline, like mine and many others learned from that mistake. In doing so it allows us to never repeat history.

Well done, Don Ricin. Well done

Report Post Tip

Ricin, it was brave of you to come out like this and admit the dark history of your family, no matter how dark. Your line's past is something that you cannot allow to reflect you now. Go on, and show your worth.

Report Post Tip

Yes we all have as you say our dark era , but not too many of us will admit to our wrongs . My hat is off to you Ricin and whatever the family wants to do is fine with me.               KK             

Report Post Tip

Don Ricin... i always knew you were a good man. We've talked a bit, not much but still... enough for me to know what kind of man you really are. So your bloodline has made a mistake, i dont think anyone in there right mind can come out here and say their bloodline never made any mistakes without lying. If this is necessary to put your mind at rest than so be it... your honesty is what sticks out the most here. I wish you well and a long life!

Sneakyrat walks away after tipping his hat to Don Ricin...

Report Post Tip

Mystery listened to Ricin's story with glossy eyes. The story of Skulls was not one he was unfamiliar with, his own bloodline having been in Skulls family as a Made Man. Mystery had read over the journals over and over, but towards the end of Skulls reign, the ink had worn off some and it was hard to make out the details. It was good to refresh his memory.

My lineage has known yours for quite some time, worked alongside you in many battles, and I must say on behalf of them that they would be quite pleased to see the switch in your family name. I think it's a bold move, one that suits you quite well. As it's been stated previously, it takes a big man to own up to their mistakes. Job well done Ricin, well done.

Report Post Tip

philli-stein walked over to ricin to speak to the bold man who admit his father mistake.

"all i can say is good luck to you and the renagades."

Report Post Tip

Captian_Kirk walks up and smiling

"Good luck sir to you and you family. As my friend Spock would say Live long and prosper!" raising his hand up and his index and middle finger separate from the ring finger and his pinkie.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Changing my Flag
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL