Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 16:01:41
Page:  1 
Wrong Place, Right Time Started by: lyshitski on Mar 01, '10 19:28

On a clear night, Lyshitski stands in the shadows on an alley. There is a full moon tonight in the city of New York. Lyshitski makes sure to be back far enough from the street so no one notices him standing there, looking at the building across the street. He calmly takes a drag of his cigarette, never wavering his glare at the fourth floor window. It has taken him a long time to prove his worth to his family. At last he had been given a chance. His first hit. He looks at his watch briefly. 12:46. "Still not time," he thinks to himself.

The conversation he had with Serotonin is still fresh in his mind. "One man. He will be alone. He is a creature of habit. Goes to a club at 10 P.M. on the dot. Home by 12. In bed and lights out by 1 a.m. on the dot. Hit him then." The hit-Alfonso Bruno. Some mafioso from the old country that came to try and take a piece of the American pie. But in the wrong neighborhood. He dismissed all warnings, so now it was time for the good Lord to judge him for his sins. 

Lyshitski looks at his watch again. 1:25. He looks at the window. The light just turns off. "Maybe it's just an off night for him," Lyshitski wonders. He takes a final drag of his cigarette, pulls out his Mauser Model 1934 and checks it. Fully loaded. He emerges from the shadows and heads across the street. He enters the building, and heads to the fourth floor. He puts his ear up to the door. No sound. He waits a few more minutes, then picks the lock. He enters the dark apartment. Letting his eyes adjust, he makes his way to the bedroom. Lyshitski pulls out his gun, and aims at the bed. He fires 5 rounds into the lump of his target on the bed. Soon, a man emerges from the bathroom. Startled, Lyshitski shoots fires 2 shots into the mans chest.

"What the fuck is going on!" Lyshitski says, dazed. He peels back the covers to reveal a pile of pillows. He sighs, thinking he hit the wrong place. He begins to look around for Mr. Bruno's famed pocket watch. He was told to bring it as a trophy. But it was no where to be found. He tore the apartment apart looking for it. He looked at his watch. "Shit. I'm late to meet Serotonin!"

Lyshitski dashes out the door, and down the stairs. He makes his way out the back door of the building, and heads to the end of the block. He turns right and runs two blocks. Serotonin would be waiting there in a black Cadillac in front of a deli. He arrives to find no deli, and no ride. "Fuck! I think I hit the wrong Alfonso Bruno!" Lyshitski scans his memory for what happened. He received the name in a matchbook. Nothing else. He had found out where he lives from a friend of his who is in the know. Obviously, now, he knows that is a mistake. He'll have to make a visit to his his former friend if he survives Serotonin's wrath. Lyshitski wakes his way through the shadows, trying to reach a safe house in the area. He needs to make this right. He needs to kill the right Alfonso Bruno, or he will end up like his victim.

Report Post Tip

Serotonin was waiting on Lyshitski in the back street of his Cadillac while his driver just stared straight ahead. It was getting late John should have been there by now. Serotonin was getting a bit itchy checked the time on his pocket watch than started to get aggravated. He looked toward the driver and spoke in a firm voice.

"We got to take a ride. Go down by main and keep your eyes peeled for that kid."

The driver nodded and began to drive straight, Serotonin stopped him telling him to take the short cut to main he didnt have all day and wanted to find out what the hold up was.Sero opened the window so he could keep a better look out for Lyshitski. The driver sped down the street and Sero seen John running down an alley. He quickly told the driver where to go. Next thing he knew they were next to Lyshitski, Sero opened the door and John entered the car.

"Lyshitski you got that trophy kid?" Serotonin said annoyed "I hope you got it cause I been out here waiting for you!" he paused and shook his head. "I told the boss you were the guy for the job now where is it?"

Serotonin put out his hand waiting to receive the so called trophy a piece of Alphonse Bruno the famed pocket watch. Everything started to piece together while Sero waited, he was late coming from the wrong end of town. Sero looked at Lyshitski and could tell he was nervous.

"Ahhh! Dont tell me kid! What happened tell me from the beginning."

Report Post Tip

Lyshitski sees Serotonin's car at the end of the alley. A fear of dying rushes over him. He wonders if he would have a better chance of running than telling his boss of his failure. He decides his friend my take pity on him, and give him a second chance. He hops in the car, shaking slightly. After asked to reproduce the watch, and he doesn't, He tell Serotonin what happened. He told him he tracked down who he thought was the right man, and the events leading up to his botched hit.

"I'm sorry sir. I failed. But I think I know how we can fix this. My informant. I thought he was trustworthy, but I misjudged him. I want to get out of him the real info. I know where to find him. Head to 51st and Victoria Lane. He'll be there."

John pulls out a cigarette, and lights it. He looks at Serotonin, hoping for either pity or a quick death.

Report Post Tip

Sero motioned the driver with his hand telling him to drive.

"You heard him 51st and Victoria Lane." He turned back to Lyshtiski "Alright I hope you get this sorted now. We got to get the job done, so I can get back to tell the boss."

They drove down the road to Lyshitski's directions. Serotonin watched Lyshitski calm down as they got closer to the destination. They pulled up and the door opened as Lyshitski started to get out of the car.*

"Make this fast in and out. Im counting on you."

Report Post Tip

Lyshitski jumps out of the car. He knows he got a break from Sero, and will not let him down this time. He strolls into a dry cleaners, and walks into the back. He knocks on what looks like a double stacked washer, but it opens to reveal a large man. He motions for John to enter, and John heads down a small flight of stairs. He enters a large, crowded speakeasy. He scans the crowd, seeing most of the regulars he knows from his many nights at the club. Soon he spots the man he is looking for. He makes a B-line for the gentleman.

"Evening Giuseppe. But I bet you knew I would be back" The man named Giuseppe looks up and his eyes widen when he sees a gun pointed at his face. No one in the joint batted an eye to this display of a weapon. They knew who Lyshitski worked for, and knew Giuseppe must have done something to deserve this.

"Now Giuseppe. Lets try this again. Where does Alphonso Bruno live?" All of a sudden, a man sitting at the next table turns around.

"I am Alphonso Bruno," states the man, pulling a pistol from his lap and setting it on the table. "I can see you know my associate Giuseppe. Now, I can see you are looking for me. You found me. What can I do for you?"

Out of the corner of his eye, Lyshitski sees a large bodyguard step out of the shadow, hand on a gun. He glances to his right to see another large bodyguard, gun drawn.

"Well, Mr Bruno. It seems as though you are in the wrong part of town. You see, this is Pooh's territory. You trying to take it is making Pooh mad. And believe me, you do NOT want to make Pooh mad." Lyshitski slowly reaches behind his back and places his hand on a second pistol hidden in his pants. John quickly surveys the situation. Right now, it's three on one. If the bouncers help, it may be three on three. He scans to see if the bouncers have been informed of the situation. He sees on on the other side of the club, doing nothing. "Damn," he thinks to himself. "I hope I can pull this off."

Alfonso laughs at John's remarks. "Well, my friend. I would have tell you tell Pooh to fuck off, but you won't make it out of here alive." John spots the bodyguards pulling their weapon's out. John pulls the gun out of the back of his pants, raises his guns, and fires four shots from one guns, and five from the other. The bodyguard in front of him drops to the floor. three bullets hit him in the chest. The other bodyguard falls, when a bullet rips through his knee. He then dives for cover behind Giuseppe.  Alfonso fires at John, but hits Giuseppe instead. John raises his weapons, and fires at Alfonso until his guns are empty. He looks up to see Alfonso, lying on the floor, gasping for breath.

John walks over to him, and kneels down. He pushes Alfonso's gun away from him. He begins to search him for the pocket watch. As he pulls it out, he leans into Alfonso, and whispers "When you dance with the devil tonight, tell him I'll see him when I'm good and ready." John stands up, and puts the watch in his pocket. The place had cleared out once the guns went off, so John walked over to the bartender. He pulls out a wad of bills and places them on the bar. "I was never here. They fell on their own bullets. Clumsy huh?" John reaches back into his jacket, and pulls out more cash. "Here's $10,000. Should be enough to clean up and make sure people keep quiet."

John walks out of the speakeasy and steps into the waiting car. He pulls out the pocket watch, and hands it to Sero. "It's done. And now, everyone knows not to fuck with us. I'm sorry it happened this way, but I had no idea my informant was working for the douche bag." John pulls out a cigarette and lights it. His nerves are surprisingly calm, even though he just killed three men. That was the moment he knew he could make a living out of this. 

Report Post Tip

Serotonin heard the guns shots counted them than looked in their direction and waited to watch John hustle out of the place..he thought to himself he had heard more gun fire than what was expected and was worried Lyshitski wasnt gonna make it out of there..Sero's bodyguards knew that they would have to go in there and straighten the mess out if John didnt make it out soon. Sero looked at his wrist watch and said to himself while looking at the building he would give him 5 more minutes. 3 more minutes passed by than John came out the door in a rush..Sero had his bodyguard open the door so John could hop in. John got in the car and handed Sero the pocket watch.

"John you had me worried for a second all them gun shots." Sero laughed "What did you do kill everyone in there?" he asked with a smile on his face.

John told Serotonin the story as the car began to pull away. Serotonin listened to John's story and liked what he heard. He looked to the driver and told him to get there double time. He couldnt wait to give the trophy to the boss, he knew he would be very happy that his small problem was dealt with. They stopped in front of the headquarter the bodyguards jumped out and held the car doors open than made a safe path up to the HQ door for the two men.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Wrong Place, Right Time
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL