Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:40:45
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Percentage Indicator for Next Level Started by: Bandit on May 27, '16 14:54

Personally, I'd rather leave it for the milestones. I think it gets boring after a while if you just keep seeing it constantly for each unit.

Report Post Tip

idk I'm a moran and I can only get to like 30

Report Post Tip

i must admit when i see the indicator it pushes me to try harder to rank

Report Post Tip

I love the idea of the whole % obviously everyone has different views on it but think it would make as a good thing to purchase with credits that way those who wish could use it 

Report Post Tip

Consider me old fashioned, but I always admired the game for just that - judging your performance based on your actions alone and the ambiguity of it all. Experience here is not just a number. How well you are able to perform certain actions, through trial and error, etc. Having said that, I never imagined that I would enjoy the level indicator when it was introduced and, surprisingly for me, it really does help stay motivated at times. I feel like it was a much needed enhancement, but did not take away from the realism we all love. Which is exactly why this particular community is miles above the rest. 

Report Post Tip

I would like to see this being sold whenever to whoever but be to operated similarly to the reveal achievement. You get a glimpse at how far you are off of the next rank for a very short period of time.

Charge 1 or 2 credits for 30 seconds of reveal.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Let's circle back around to this. Paying it a couple credits to reveal how much more xp is needed for a brief time period of only seconds. 

Why? Lots of people lose motivation, I rather see people grinding to the nubs for a rank instead of just giving up. 

Report Post Tip

so I just recently learned this exists, and I'm solidly in two minds about it.

on one hand, s far as i'm concerned, your progress can be well indicated by the percentages of your achievements. Watch those, and you'll see how far you've come.

or, to put into words what i feel like a number of people have been trying to say, Mafia returns has long been a place where motivation to succeed is nearly pure internal motivation. Sure, it's cool to get new felonies, or the rewards for completing achievements, but a good amount of the motivation to succeed is nothing more then "Look what i can do". It's part of why Izzy had to take drastic measures in the past when a regime  made that impossible, people couldn't use that as motivation to play, and lots of them left. so from that side, I don't really want the percentages.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I also can see why some folks want to know how close they are to their next unit. It's a way to tell you when to make that push, or what have you. 

All of that said and done, I guess that this will eventually be made a feature by popular demand no matter what i like or not. So i say make it a pay feature. pay a credit, see your percentage for a week. If people want it, let's let it help Izzy keep this gig running.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I feel like pretty much everyone agrees that the % indicator motivates them to play more, play smarter and push for that next rank when it becomes visible. 

This translates into more time engaged with the game, spending credits and trying to accumulate experience.

From both player and owner perspective increasing those things are beneficial; economically to the owner and socially for the players.  

Maybe it is time to reconsider?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

What about making it a credit buy thing. Something like pay a credit(or a half credit, idk exactly) to see it for 30 days

Report Post Tip

Not a fan. I like the element of the unknown and trying to figure things out. When I work towards a level and am surprised to level one up when I trade drugs it is a great feeling. Yes, I do put more time in when I am at a milestone however, at some point as the levels get harder people will get frustrated when those numbers aren't moving as fast especially when they begin crawling.

I don't think this is something that should be bought either. I like it the way it is

Report Post Tip

I'd say just make it visible a bit earlier at level 24 instead of 29 imo.

Report Post Tip

If it was a perk option that could be purchased as @Phillli-stein added, then you would be able to keep it unknown Mercury and those who might find it frustrating could similarly choose not use this option. I don't really see how it is any different to the achievement reveal?

Report Post Tip

I see your point Grin-07. This is something that has always been an unknown other than milestones. If it were made purchasable I'd like to see it more expensive than 1 credit for 30 days. Say, a credit every 5 levels. or 10. I don't like making this available which is why I believe the price should be higher if it is. This would not be a common achievement.

Report Post Tip

Torn does a thing where you travel to China you can visit the fortune teller who will tell you your experience for a price. I think that system could work here but only if we had New Orleans back. Go to New Orleans and travel to a Voodoo Priestess who lives out in the swamp deep in the Bayou.

Because it is a difficult trip and dangerous trip it will cost a lot of money idk how much but X amount of money and should be high for the Trip itself. During the trip there should be a random % chance of getting attacked by crocodiles and losing your gun and any cash you have on hand. Then you have to pay another sum of money to the priestess which will increase as you move up in level. There will also be a hidden % that she is bullshitting and will give you an incorrect number off by a couple of percentages or just a flatout wrong number.

Report Post Tip

This isn't Torn and hopefully it never will be.

You are over-complicating this.

Report Post Tip
I'm making it complicated on purpose in order to take money out of the game.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Percentage Indicator for Next Level
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL