Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 20:17:49
Page:  1 
Family Verses Association Started by: Santos on Mar 04, '10 12:38

After the years that my family line has brought to these streets and the vast amount of wars against different families they have seen I began to question the fact of true loyalty.

As we all know we tend to make associates from different families and different cities but when does the loyalty of friendship stop and the beginning of loyalty for family begin? If a confrontation with another family began and you had a friend there you couldn't simply lower your weapon and refuse to send them swimming with the fish due to the loyalty of friendship.isn't it always more important to show the tenacity toward those that house you and allow you to run your business on a day to day operation? what can we make of this simple issue? Family first family forever? Or be careful  of those you  concider to be close to you that are out side  of your family?

Report Post Tip

If you can't shoot a friend under orders from your Boss, you don't belong in the mafia.  Quite simple, really.

Report Post Tip

Great point sir.However what type of strain can that action cause to a friendship? I'm a firm believer on family loyalty.Nut is a friendship with another person from another family worth the stress it may cause.

Report Post Tip

I don't think there will much of a strain or stress after you put a bullet in their head.  Dead people generally don't feel much.

Report Post Tip

Santo's with the line of work we are in our friends should understand that if we have to kill them, then it's coming as an order from the boss and it's nothing personal.

After all while your wrestling with you concious over the right thing or the wrong thing, they are more than likely lining up their shot to kill you first, also if the hit isn't carried out by you then the boss will get someone else to do it and mroe than likely take you out as well for disobeying orders.

Report Post Tip

There is only two people to be faithful to in this thing of ours! Your Boss and your Godfather... if any of those two tells you to shoot somebody, you better pull that trigger. If that is a issue for you, than you sont belong in a family!

Report Post Tip

"Everything is fair in love and war " Guess that answers all your question !!

Report Post Tip

Once upon a time there was a mafioso (and I use that term loosely here) who was a member of great x whatever grandpa's family from the time he was born right through until the start of a war.

It wasn't our first war, this man had been fed kills by our HSL, crew inactives, even a few shots at other families when there was a need.

During the war he refused to shoot. When questioned he said "I can't they've promised me auth if they win" or words to that effect. So great x whatever grandpa disarmed him immediately to prevent him buying out and becoming a threat and got on with running his war.

Just as soon as the war was over, can you guess what great x whatever grandpa did?

Of course you can, as you're not a retard. He had him shot in the face.

If your CL tells you to shoot your mother, you do it. You don't question it, you don't say "sorry, that's my mummy, I used to suck on her tits" you just fucking do it. If your "friends" don't understand that orders are orders then frankly, they need to find alternative employment. There's a shortage of undertakers at the moment, it seems, perhaps they could try their hand at that.

Report Post Tip

You see... it all sums up to this... right= obey the rules you have signed, and do what your leaders asks you to do!
wrong= dont obey to the rules or dont sign the rules or dont do what your leaders ask you to do!

If you do wrong... you die!!! That ,my friend, is our way of life! If you dont like it, quite frankly, what are you doing here?

Report Post Tip

it's real simple. do whgat my grandpop did. shoot your  friend then put in a good word to you CL for his son.

Report Post Tip

Gaius listened to the young thug before him and raised an eyebrow, where he came from... family is everything. But, he understood that all weren't as fortunate as he, and he chose his next words carefully

I'd shoot my fucking mother in the face if my Boss or Godfather ordered it. Loyalty to family is first and foremost, friendships or 'associates' are a way of doing business, but when its time to start slinging lead. Family is all you've got.

Gaius pulled a pack of cigarettes from his coat, and lit a match off a post before waving his hand to illustrate his point further

Tell me something, this 'friend' of yours in another family that is coming against yours. What would you do if he shot and killed your boss? Even on the OFF chance he got lucky and a bullet landed? Now remember, it was your job to squeeze the trigger. Is that friendship worth it? No. Never. Family or death, fuck the world.

Report Post Tip

I totally agree with most of the crowd here.  Although, i do see your point Santos. 

Like Gaius stated.  If you were ordered to shoot your own mother, you'd do it no questions asked.  Its a harsh world we live in, but its the life we've chosen to live. 

Simply put, refer to FlyingPig:  "If you can't shoot a friend under orders from your boss, you dont belong in the mafia."

In the end, the saying 'Blood is thicker than Water' holds true. 

Report Post Tip

People talk a lot of friendships from different families and old family ties, but if it did come to the moment where you'd have to put a bullet in their head, everyone in this life should know that nothing is personal, it's only business. With this in mind, your friend/associate's son or daughter should accept the fate of their parents with indifference.

Report Post Tip

It is a lot clearer to me now.Alto some might not agree My thinking of  Loyalty to my family first and my associates  second...And if something comes between that  there is no choice  to put a bullet  in the head of my saintly  mother  if she were to disrespect my God Mother.

Report Post Tip

Friendship is fine, but business is business, and that needs to come first. The old saying "Don't mix business with pleasure" may apply here, you should always been looking to make an extra buck for your family, and shit if a rival businessman happens to be a friend, it shouldn't cloud your decision when it comes to taking action.

Report Post Tip

"Do I not destroy my enemy when I make them my friend?" Words of Abraham Lincoln

Report Post Tip

Bang! You're dead, mother fucker.  -  John Wilkes Booth

Report Post Tip

ok mister pig that was a low shot. i applaud you for it.

mr. gaius he shoots my boss chances are i won't have to worry about it until i am dead myself at which point it won't matter. however if i survive and he survives, either i will go to his family and request assylum on the theory that the family that just killed mine is stronger, or he will be familyless and he and i can go find a family.

now that said, if he kills my CL i will take a shot at him. bt i will NOT hold anything against his son who is by definition is blamless for his fathers crime, yes?

Report Post Tip

Two words come to mind.............blood and honour,it is my opinion that neither could be applied to any friend or associate,they are strictly the reserve of one`s own family.

Report Post Tip

I have journals from generations gone. One in particular documents this scenario. My ancestor grew up as a kid with a best friend. Always together, from day one. First fights, fist thefts, first girls, you get the picture. Anyway, when the time came and they were given opportunities to get into work hustling for local associates, they ended up working under different families. When the days came they had both been accepted into the different families, they agreed that they would always be friends but if it came to war, they both understood the other's obligation to follow orders. Shaking hands they remained friends and fortunately never ended up responsible for the other's death.

Point being, they were like brothers but they knew the rules at the start. As hard as it was to accept, they both drew a line and stood by it. This life of ours has a great many advantages but they do not come without sacrifice. Its a decision that has to be made before you even begin.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Family Verses Association
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL