Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 10:54:42
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Force lower rank people to shoot first in duels. Started by: enkindle on Jun 02, '16 09:46

Right now, the majority of the use Duel sees is just one person giving a friend a free kill. I was thinking if one person is 2+ ranks lower than the other, it will only allow the lower person to shoot first, or at the same time. But never second.

Report Post Tip

I 100% agree with this.

Report Post Tip

This would be alot more interesting, so i would like to see it.

Report Post Tip

Love it.

Report Post Tip

I don't know why this wasn't implemented earlier. Great idea enkindle.

Report Post Tip

I feel we need to factor in the gun somehow (but without tipping their hand).

A Capo with 400 kills can run circles around a Consig with 115, despite being much lesser ranked.

(Or some other measure of work put in)

Report Post Tip

We could simply do, if their raw gun (before any bonuses) is 3x larger. That doesn't really tip a hand too much. 

Report Post Tip

LucaRossi, we actually discussed this issue when we built Dueling but could not come up with a reasonable solution. Now that this idea occurred to me, it seems painfully obvious.

Report Post Tip

How exactly would that work though? Would there just not be an option to select for you to shoot first when setting up the duel if your gun is more than 3x bigger? If so, people could quite easily get at least a 'minimum' amount for everyone in the game just by checking if the option is there.

I would like it that if you did this it wouldn't actually reveal anything about it - as in, allow the person with a 4x bigger gun to choose to shoot first - and then it's not revealed that actually the other person is shooting first until the announcement of the duel. So essentially, no information is revealed until someone is definitely gonna end up dead!

Report Post Tip

UnderwearBuddy, yeah, that would be a good plan. 

Report Post Tip

can you not just remove the +1 to the gun if the player is -2 ranks?

or just remove it, full stop? if players want the free kill, let them risk the WB death for it and shoot the player like an ordinary mia/ria

Report Post Tip
How about taking away the option of who shoots first. Just have two options the coin flip which leaves it down to luck and the option to shoot at the same time
Report Post Tip

I like this idea!

Report Post Tip

I think you should just remove the +1 for duels, as previously suggested. Duels are not there to increase your gun. They are there to settle something. Really, if someone is duelling for the right reasons, they don't care for the wackstat they will or will not gain - only for the result of killing or being killed.

Report Post Tip

muhammadBorya, overall I like this a lot more than my original idea. It solves all the problem without risk of revealing anything.

Report Post Tip

I'm down for either removing the +1, or... only giving the +1 in the following scenario:

Winner gets a +1 if they both shoot at same time.

Winner gets a +1 if loser shot first.

This way there is still reward, but only with a little risk.

Or... just get rid of the +1... I'm down for either way.

Report Post Tip

Get rid of the +1. I've never been a fan of it getting +1 anyway since it doesn't use a timer at all and doesn't void pros.

Report Post Tip

Getting rid of the +1 is a great suggestion, in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

Either remove it or do as Squishy suggested would both be suitable things to do.. That way they have to work a little for the +1

Report Post Tip

I think you should keep the +1. If someone is so thirsty for the +1 let the little guy shoot first and they get it. IF they don't want to take that chance of dying they first and they dont get the+1. I think it would be better that way rather than just not getting a +1 for anything .

DONT GET RID OF THE ALMIGHTY +1

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Force lower rank people to shoot first in duels.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL