Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 15:32:50
Page:  1 
Moving Fort. Erm. House Started by: DirtyLittleSekrit on Mar 05, '10 23:48

She looks up startled as there is a knock on her door.. It is her personal secretary Sheriff Fatman. He hustles over to her desk, trying not to trip over his own feet and whispers something in her ear. Standing up she tucks her chair in slowly and flattens her skirt. Taking her jacket off of the back of her chair she walks toward the door. Turning to look back she sees Fatman standing there...

Well?! Are you coming or not? Did you tell Flying Pig? You did remember to.. Right? Lana is ready right? she asks impatiently. Her heart pounding and blood rushing, her dream about to come true.

Fatman nods and smiles, reaching behind his back to swipe a cookie off of her desk.

Oh for fuck sakes. Really now? Just get the goddamn cookie and let's go. I have to meet with Deimne in an hour. she snaps at Fatman.

Followed by her stumbling cohort she walks down the hall, nodding at her family members as they hustle and bustle about the offices packing their desks into boxes. Hearing a thud behind her she turns shaking her head knowing what has happened. Sheriff Fatman looks up at her from the floor grinning.

I totally give up on you. Get UP!, she yells in frustration.

Walking into the main lounge where her beloved minions are playing poker, smoking cigars, and reenacting the velvet stupid dogs gambling painting behind them to their best ability they jump as she coughs loudly.

COME ON! The buses leave soon! You have to get on them you lazy asses. MOVE IT!

Noticing the tone of her voice her family members start stirring from their spots muttering under their breaths. Funnelling out of their digs, a rundown office building next to the docks, into two large tin cans on wheels. The drivers guts sticking out further than Sheriff Fatman's.

She turns to see FlyingPig dressed in his Sunday best toting two suitcases. He nods at her and climbs into the awaiting car tapping his watch.

urning back one last time she sighs sadly.. She had made sure to gather all of Will's belongings and the photos from his office. The movers would get the rest and bring it out to LA in a few weeks. All that was left was stopping by Deimne's to hand over her keys.

She turns to FlyingPig as they make their way to Deimne's and sighs...

Los Angeles here we come. I do hope that Poisonous Jelly left his fort intact. If it's still usable I'd like to take over the lease... But knowing him and his band of merry men, namely The Liar, it's a frigging pig sty. The pictures I saw had food wrappers strewn everywhere and a tree.. I think it was a tree.. decorated in crusty men's underwear.

Lana coming with us is a blessing, I just hope she likes it there. We have a lot of work to do.

It's my dream come true... My very own fort! What else could a girl ask for?

The Knickerbockers of LA... Has a nice ring to it...

Looking out the window as the buildings whizzed by she drifted off into a dream about her very own fort. A fort of dreams. A fort of the future. She would make sure that it was fully equipped to run her bakery from the front and her speakeasy from the back. The aroma of fresh baked muffins should cover the smell of the cigars and whiskey. A still could be disguised to look like an unused vat for proofing dough. Yes, yes.. A fort made for a queen. A dream come true. Her fairy tale life was finally beginning.

Arriving at Deimne's she slowly stepped out of the car, straightening her skirt once again and checking to make sure her hair was in place. She looked up at the door and waited... And waited... AND waited expecting Sherminator to bound forth and tackle her to the ground, furiously molesting her leg as he always had... Nothing. No one. It was a virtual ghost town. She entered the building slowly and smiled as she passed those milling about.

She approached Deimne's office door and knocked on it... No answer. What the eff? Really. She looked at her watch. On time. Where the hell is he. She then hears his laughter from behind the door and opens it, instantly regretting it. Standing in the middle of the room with Sherminator in front of him was Deimne embracing him... A broom in one hand and the other pointing at a curling stone. Not noticing her Deimne screamed out "HARD HARD HARD" then turned around to see her standing there...

Well... Erm, I can come back later if you want. I'd hate to interrupt you two.

Looking up awkwardly Deimne straightened his pants and zipped up his zipper.. Sherminator tightened the belt around his Norwegian plaid pants..

What are you doing here!? Get on a plane to Los Angeles you hussy!!! bellowed Deimne.

Erm, yeah.. Keys? Cash? Your bank account number? All those fancy things you promised me? she replied with a smile and held out her hand.

Begrudgingly Deimne passed over a large envelope and smiled... Now get the eff outta New York! I can't have you here knowing what you know and having seen what you just saw... I WAS TEACHING HIM HOW TO CURL DAMNIT!! Deimne hissed.

Smiling happily she kissed Deimne on the cheek and winked at Sherminator, who was still blushing like a schoolgirl.

Ta ta for now boys.. Don't be strangers! she said on her way out the door.

She turns around to look at Deimne one last time and smiles... Thank you boss.. Thank you for everything. You rock my world.

Climbing back in the car to her awaiting trusty "Daddy" FlyingPig she motioned for the driver to continue onto the airport while returning to her daydream about her beloved fort and her family's return to Los Angeles, their city of dreams... and coffee...

Report Post Tip

Congrats on the move.....I always pictured you in Denver as the "Colorado Avalanche."

Report Post Tip

Congrats.. I have always liked LA personally and am now glad to call it home with in this family. She looked down at her bags and then stood aghast.

Damn I am always the one to forget something behind. Stupid favorite pair of shoes hid them under the bed so no one would borrow them. Oh well I guess I can just buy a new pair. She still smiled happily as she awaited to see the families new fort.

Report Post Tip

Congrats on your move to LA, that was a very cunning plan you set in motion and is well deserved.

cocks his head to the side and grins

I know you'll breath a fresh life into the fine city.

Report Post Tip

Congratutalions DLS... i tell yah, we are quite busy here in NY... i am sure eager to meet you in LA! I will miss NY... 'sniff'... a new challenge is heading our way... and i cant wait!

Now where are those goddamn movers... my office is a mess!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations DLS! You'll do wonders for LA I'm sure of it, the fort will certainly be amazing as you described it, at least I hope so. Anyway Very Well Done!

Report Post Tip

Coming down the steps of the building, Tyrion stops her car before the driver can pull away. DirtyLittleSekrit winds down the back window and shoots him a quizzical look. He approaches and holds out a large envelope.

Sorry to delay you. Deimne asked me to give you this to help with the inevitable renovations. I was in LA recently and saw the state the old building there was left in. Believe me, you'll have a job getting it ship-shape again. Congratulations on your move, couldn't have happened to a more deserving member. Have fun!

Smiling he nods to DirtyLittleSekrit and Flying Pig. The driver pulls away slowly and he walks back up the stairs into the office.

Report Post Tip

She's so mean to me!

Report Post Tip

Be that as it may Fatman, it is not entirely without justification. Word on the street is that the box of frogs you were shipping to Paraguay ended up in her boudoir. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding with the delivery boy though, right?

Yeah, Los Angeles here we come.

Report Post Tip

It was her room?

Shit, I'm sure it was Senor Pepe I heard squealing like a little girl...

oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh, I see. 

Report Post Tip

Practically jumping for joy, Mystery stepped out of a limo and ran up to DLS. Whispering in her ear for a moment, she chuckled and nodded, giving him permission to speak to the public. Clapping his hands together, Mystery stepped up and spoke,

"Dear fellow mafioso! This move to LA couldn't have been predicted, and it certainly is quite the change after the recent bloodshed. I for one am honored to have the opportunity to directly work for DLS somewhere sunny and warm! Though it should be interesting to see if we can get FlyingPig to radiate the smell of bacon..."

Mystery mumbled off and hopped back next to DLS, giving her a giant congratulatory hug. With the oddest look on her face, she smiled and patted Mystery on the head like a puppy.

Report Post Tip

She smiles as she hears the good wishes and takes a moment to thank those who do care.

Thank you so much for your words of congratulations and hope. I just hope I can live up to Diemne's expectations... I fear Mikado being unleashed upon me. I hope to have LA up and running with a few changes soon. Getting settled is taking a bit longer than expected.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Moving Fort. Erm. House
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL