Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 05:31:30
Page:  1 
The end is nigh? Started by: Tyrion on Mar 09, '10 11:44

Tyrion was sitting at a street corner coffee house when a large meat wagon reversed up in the street beside him. He stood and walked over to the passenger door and had a brief word with the driver before walking around to the back and opening the doors. He slid the ramp down and stepped up into the back re-emerging moments later holding a man by the arm. The man in question had a sack tied over his head and arms tied behind his back. He jumped when he heard the driver's door open and the clomping of Sherminator's heavy footsteps on the street as he walked around to the table Tyrion had been at.

Tyrion gave the hooded man a reassuring pat on the shoulder and whispered something in his ear that seemed to settle his nerves. When he looked over Sherminator who was drinking the coffee Tyrion had only just ordered and grinning at him. Wiping some foam from his mouth, Sherm took out a notepad, a pen and his gun. Placing them carefully on the table in front of him, he nodded to Tyrion who then turned to the rapidly gathering crowd.

Hello folks. I'm here to talk about a subject that has been around as long as our way of life has. Its nothing new and if you are looking for revolutionary ideas, you won't find any here today. No. What I, our unidentified friend and the good Mr. Sherminator are here to illustrate today, is the pointlessness of suicide.

Hearing a few disgruntled murmurings from older heads already well worn to this topic, he raises his hand.

Now bare with me!...Its something that does need saying and hopefully our little demonstration will make the whole lesson more entertaining than the normal drudgery of tired formulas.

Holding the hooded man by the arm he walks him carefully down the ramp and stands him on the other side of the street from the wagon. Looking back across at the table he sees Sherm holding up a thumb and nodding in approval. He turns to the crowd once more.

There comes a point in many lives where people feel that they just can not go on. For some it's a depressing time, a terrible end to a fruitless existence. For others it's a simple decision, to move over and make way for the next of kin, in the hopes they'll stride forward in ways the previous generation was unable to. Whatever the reason, the conclusion is all too often the same. Suicide. Personally? I couldn't care less why. The reasons are the individual's. I just have something to show you that may enlighten the less than experienced as to an alternative route into the great beyond.

Now our friend here has volunteered to help us demonstrate a much more constructive approach to death. Being ever loyal and meaning no ill will he has chosen to end his life, not by selfishly taking it in some quiet barbiturate and booze fuelled misery, no! He has chosen to make a gift of his demise to a very grateful tradesman. One life to benefit the next, even in death!

Nudging the hooded man, Tyrion encourages him to speak. The hooded man stuttered a little with nerves.

"...My name is not important...I, I'm a ranked associate of a known family...And...And I want to die!"

With that, Tyrion takes a few steps away from the man and nods across the road.

...BANG!

The hooded man drops to the floor. Looking across at the coffee shop you see Sherminator's smoking gun and his huge euphoric smile. He places the gun down and flips open his notepad. Eagerly scribbling things down, picking the gun back up to check the barrel, looking back at his notes. He takes a sip of Tyrion's coffee and returns to more feverish writing. All the while a huge grin on his face. Tyrion points at Sherminator from across the street.

Look!.. Just look at how happy he is!...That has to be smile of the week! Now I know this man well and I can assure you, that's just about the happiest that guy ever gets... Just look at him!..Bless his lethal cotton socks.

Ladies and gentlemen I think the point here is abundantly clear. If you have had enough or just want to step aside. For heaven's sake don't take your own life. Make sure your last act in this world is a selfless one of giving. Just contact your crew leader or any local ranking official and they will be nothing short of delighted to arrange a respectful passing at the hand of a highly skilled and very grateful assassin in your local community.

My thanks for your attention and I wish you a very nice day.

With that he drags the lifeless man back over the street and back up the ramp into the van. Closing the doors, he walks over to the table now covered with Sherminator's notes only to find the last of his coffee drained.

I hadn't even touched that you know. You could have at least saved me a sip. ..You're mean.

Report Post Tip

While sipping his coffee he notices a commotion, after seeing the poor soul offer himself up for death he says a silent prayer

You know this is something that I find has been on my mind at times. It is rare that one's in our line of work have long life and I can understand the want for a release. While finding myself at a loss at times, I have in the past contemplating just ending it all. However the need of the family has always been higher than my own needs so I vowed to never take that step.

takes a sip of his coffee and lights up a smoke

One thing I have never understood though is why, when in a family someone would chose to end their life themselves. Being from a strict catholic background there is no greater disrespect to not only your boss, but your own self when you take your life. You condemn yourself to purgatory, why anyone would do that to themselves is beyond me.

takes a draw from his cigarette and leans back

You want a release, fine I can understand that. But if your wanting a true release why then would anyone condemn their own soul? I'm sorry but if it was me I'd be getting someone else to do it, better to condemn theirs and find yourself at peace in heaven.

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat listens to Tyrion's speach and is gathering his thoughs in his mind about this... he walks to Tyrion, pats him on the back and starts to talk...

Tyrion, i understand you issue here and i agree with you here. Of course, there are various reasons why someone would decide to end his life. Now i cant stand here and say that i know what this type of individual is thinking before he takes his last breath. But i can say this... someday, someone has open her or his arms to you and invited you in their circle of "associates".
You probably have worked hard and earned well for your leaders... but you owe them your life also. Because they will always back you up if you follow their lead. Therefore, if you want to end it all, than you can inform them and they will listen to you. If you are so discouraged they would happily help you out here. They owe you at least that.

Yes, leaders... you owe them that also. If a members wishes to die, and i see that they is absolutely no way to encourage them... why keep them on hold. They want to end it, than so be it. End their lives... just a pull of a finger. Nothing more!

Sneakyrat smiles at Tyrion and heads back to his office...

Report Post Tip

I agree, taking your own life is not the way to go. As Dante stated earlier, I have a catholic background and it blows my mind when I see fellow mobsters taking their own lives. 

However, individuals that commit suicide are usually in a poor psychological state. I believe when your mind is cluttered with suicidal thoughts, it effects your decision making skills - I can imagine things might not seem so black and white as we see it. I think it's believable case because ending your life is a very serious thought going through your head and I can see it throwing you off from your normal course. Usually it's said that thoughts of suicide can go on for awhile, but the time when they finalize their decision, it can happen in a matter of minutes. So I think it's incorrect to assume these individuals would have the right mind set to know taking your own life is the wrong way to go. Hence, why things have been the way they've been.

It's sad to say, years down the road, I think we'll still be dealing with this issue.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion, I appreciate this demonstration you have done for us here. It perfectly illustrates a point that probably is in most of the hard working mobsters' minds.

To be clear, I despise suicidals. I think they are cowards. They lack the cojones to come up to the leader and say I want out so they leave with one last selfish cowardly act.

Specially when it happens with people you pick up off the streets and invest time in them just so you find out a day later that their son joined a different crew. Not that his son owes me any loyalty, but you know that the father gave him specific instructions on who to join.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The end is nigh?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL