Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:34:46
Page:  1 
The Doors of The Church Are Open. Started by: ReverendSharpton on Jun 21, '16 19:03

You hear organs playing a soft mellow tune. You see Rev. Al who looks to have set up a pulpit right at the corner of MobWay Ave. and FishNap Blvd...the masses come to see what the fuss is about...you see Rev. Al standing at the podium speaking

I say PRAISE THE LORD MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

His microphone echoing through the streets. With loud sounds of feedback, everyone covers their ears. It was apparent Rev. Al had spent very little cash on the sound system and was calling upon the people of the community to donate their money in an effort to upgrade.

One man yells from the back "Hey Rev what about the collection you took up at church last Sunday for the new Sound Quality Ministry?"

Rev. Al clears his throat and says

Yes brother! Those funds will be added to the funds we receive today, so that I my be able to purchase the best, most expensive suit...clears throat...I mean sound system money can buy.

But enough of the small talk. Today I'd like to come and inform everyone that GodFather Toby saw something special in his Chaplain of Los Angeles, someone worthy enough to step out and represent him and his city to the fullest extent, Toby saw a man who could reach the masses through his religious beliefs and gift of speaking to the people. Toby chose me, the Reverend, the man of the cloth. So it is today that I would like to announce that The Supreme Church of Seeking Profits will be setting up a ministry/church in the fine Downtown Area of Los Angeles. I look forward to working with the leaders of our community and I also look forward to taking their money...clears throat...I mean this moment to let everyone know the doors of the church are open! Amen!

Rev. Al

Report Post Tip

Madara tries to focus through the distortion and noise to listen to the announcement given by ReverendSharpton ... he winces at the name and how similar it is to "The Supreme Council of Smoking Pipes" 

Congrats on the opportunity to set up your not for profit, profit making organisation! Although I'm curious about the following claim, Mr. Sharpton...

"Toby saw a man who could reach the masses ... gift of speaking to the people."  How is this even possible given your lack of presence and speaking out to anyone, prior to your approval for the position? ... Infact, I did a little research, or rather, I made my unnamed henchmen do the research and they were quite thorough. 

Madara scans a page from a notepad he was handed by a hooded stooge of his

The only previous appearance you've ever made outside was when you were yelling at some guy called "Willie" because he didn't listen to something you'd told him. 

Coupled with the fact that everyone in ear shot of your awful faulty electronics started covering their ears and screaming in agony the second you attempted to "reach the masses" .. I'm inclined to believe you're about as honest on your reason for putting on a bold suit as I've heard you are about your religious beliefs. 

Tell the truth, are you a rogue pretending to have been given auth to throw the masses off?

Report Post Tip

Well little Madara...do you question a man of God? Do question the abilities that our Lord has blessed upon me or are you questioning GodFather Toby's decision to establish a church here in the fine city of LA? I've checked my records and can't seem to find any listing of your tithing to the church. Send me your monies and I will gladly explain some of the knowledge you seek. As of now you seem to be a non-believer and non-believers are not in the favor of the Lord.

Report Post Tip

Madara hmms to himself. 

I know the mask hides my facial expressions so it's easier for people to confuse my meaning... I was actually just making a tongue in cheek joke about your first attempts to reach the masses. If I did however, have to pick one of the two options you've seen fit to offer, I'd go with the first. God seems to be in a rather jokey mood, it would seem. 

As for your Godfather's decision, I have no doubt you were a solid choice to lead your own congregation. I'm not questioning the decision and I of course don't really believe you're a rogue pretending to be legit.

...Unless you are... in which case, CAAAAALLED IT!

Report Post Tip

Ah my dear Madara. I understand your concerns about the good Reverend's presence. It was not until recently that we began opening his sermons to the public. We quite enjoy our privacy especially during times of prayer and reflection. I have little doubts that, with his new church, will being untold joy to the world.

Ever since I converted and forced asked my many friends in Los Angeles to come to church with me I can honestly say we haven't been happier. I would like to welcome you to come listen to an educational, spiritual and as always riveting sermon next time you find yourself in LA.

Report Post Tip

Sup y'all, for any of y'all non-believers doubting the Word or intentions of the ReverendSharpton, I'd like to share a story with y'all.  I came to the city of Los Angeles with hardly any money, just the small sum of chump change my father left for me before his ass exited this world.  I was broke as a joke.  But the good Reverend didn't care that I didn't have much money.  He was happy to take what little money I did have and welcome me into his church.  ReverendSharpton has shown me the light and I am faithful to him.  Y'all should be too.

Report Post Tip

Yes, yes, yes. Nganga was a believer. The old man could feel it in his bones. Reverend Sharpton - the Monied Messiah, St. Paul of Prosperity, the Buddha of Big Time! He would be the man to bring Nganga his fortune. He was sure of it. He could see wealth and glory out across the plains of his mind like a beacon, beckoning him nearer and nearer. The Church called and Nganga could not help but answer, 'Hallelujah!'. His first meeting with Sharpton had sealed the deal; a Botticelli scene, shapely and scantily clad women floating between Renaissance furniture, where in the dark huddle of liquor, cigarette smoke and the combined breath of a shared oyster lunch, the clergyman had assured him faith - and faith alone, hallelujah! - would guide their little church into the kingdom of staggering opulence, where a man may live untethered. Nganga had left that meeting sharing a dream. Today, he admired Sharpton's suit from the back of the mass, as he listened to the opening sermon. 

Report Post Tip

- Congratulation Rev! I wish all the best and God's blessing for you and your Church!

WhiteGhost gave great tithe for Rev's suit car apartament Church.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Doors of The Church Are Open.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL