Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 08:08:04
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Huh?! What's an I-Pod? Started by: Tritium on Mar 11, '10 12:17

Whilst it may be well constructed, I'm going to go out on my 1930s limb and say this is all bollocks. It'll never happen. Not in a million years. I don't mind a bit of fiction once in a while though, just don't try and charge me for a personal session.

Fortune tellers talk shit. Fact. Is Tritium a fortune teller? She's certainly trying. They don't know anything more about the future than the rest of us. Harmless, but ultimately pointless and there is zero opporunity for any worthwhile debate to stem from this.

Report Post Tip

Tritium, you speak of some very interesting things. My mother used to tell me stories of fortune tellers, I had never had the pleasure to meet one until you though.

Don't worry yourself about what the people in the streets shout at you. Most of them just like to hear the sound of their voice, probably because most others can't stand it.

Report Post Tip

My family has been a part of this life for many, many years, and I for one quite enjoyed this street poster. Walking along the dirty streets, too often I see ineptitude and ignorance rushed together into mini-manifestos, stapled onto the light poles of every street corner. This poster may not make much sense to me, but at least it is well-written and the author seems intelligent.

Report Post Tip

Henry stands there scratching his head "I don't want to know the future i want to discover it" Henry walks away shaking his head while toking on a Cuban...

Report Post Tip

Apparently her Crystal Ball didn't see this one coming.

I just can't take seriously anyone who claims to have superhuman powers
and a crystal ball to gaze into the future with. As I said we're mafiosi
not fortune tellers.

Hearing this, -A- steps up to the conversation and gives a few words.

Yes, you are correct, we are mafioso.
Does that mean we only kill, deal drugs, and do crime?
An established mafioso with an advanced mind has worked hard, and created something new and declared it to us unexpectedly.
I never heard of a "Mafioso rule" that says "you are not to invent, you are not to create, you are not to imagine"
that brings me to the next point, if i recall correctly, voodoo and witchcraft age way past this thing of ours, thus there are many of them running around out there, I congratulate Tritium for having the guts to declare it out in the open.

He looks at Tritium...
I look forward to hearing more from you, well done!

Report Post Tip

Don't worry yourself about what the people in the streets shout at you. Most of them just like to hear the sound of their voice, probably because most others can't stand it.

Referring to anyone in particular? I ask because half of the comments you're referring to came from a Godfather's RHM, the acting LA Godfather, a New York CL, and a New York right-hand. Feel free to expand on "most of them".

Report Post Tip

Referring to anyone in particular? I ask because half of the comments you're referring to came from a Godfather's RHM, the acting LA Godfather, a New York CL, and a New York right-hand. Feel free to expand on "most of them".

Hoopi, I was not directly calling upon any specific person by my comment. I was simply making a generalized comment, I was not pointing out any of those respected Mafiso :).

Report Post Tip

I'm assuming you were talking about Mercury.

Report Post Tip

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm way off here. But I found this speech by Tritium very entertaining. The subsequent dissection of an innocent attempt to leaven the mundanity of our lives I found much less amusing. It was good, it made me smile, and I'm sure a great many of the voiceless masses had the same reaction. The smile fell from my face as I read on. Sometimes, against everyone's gut instinct to voice their opinion on whatever passes into their field of vision, something as light and fun as this should be left in that tone. 

Report Post Tip

It confuses me a little that people have taken exception to a soothsayer/psychic in the way that they have.

I know I am not very old, and much less experienced than some of the people here but I have heard stories of Orcs, of Jedi Knights, of talking cows, and countless other unexplained phenomena which received far less attention even though they were a lot more 'out there' than this psychic.

I honestly don't believe that any of the stuff she said will come true. Let's face it, how many people who claim to 'see the future' actually can? I guess only time will tell.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Huh?! What's an I-Pod?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL