Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 06:42:09
Page:  1 
RULES: Scamming - Ethics, Do's and Don'ts Started by: Squishy on Jun 27, '16 06:50

This is the mafia, scamming is part of the business.  Scam someone out of in game money, lie, cheat and steal from your fellow player to get in game money to your heart's content.

However, we draw the line at credits.  Credits often get into the game by real life purchases, paid for by real life money.  It is not, nor has it ever been ethical to prey on those that trust you.  It will never be acceptable to enter into an agreement paid for by credits, and not give a fair effort to fulfill your end of the agreement. 

For an example, if you are doing a collection for a Durden Spawn and you die - you still have the credits, they did not die with you; spawn the durdens as per your agreement - or refund the money, or come to an agreement.  There is no place in this game for people who think its acceptable to have the mind set of "Ohhh, I died, they cant track me down, imma keep this 535 credits for myself"

In the future, real life theft like this will carry a much harsher penalty than 2 weeks in jail.  Expect to be admin killed, banned and all funds yanked from your account (and those you sent it to if need be) until things are made square again.  There is simply not enough room in this game for those that partake in this behavior.

Simply put, when credits are involved in deals - you must enter into the agreement with good intention to actually fulfill it, and if unable to, demonstrate fair effort to correct the situation or come to fair compromise.

Report Post Tip
Good to see the admin team taking an official stance at this! Always wondered what happened if someone did that.
Report Post Tip

100% in agreement with this stand Squishy

Report Post Tip

Having had over a hundred credits disappear with a player who suicided/killed every character that I managed to find after "borrowing" credits from me, I fully agree with this stance. Hopefully nobody else will have to write off large sums of credits as a bad loan anymore, cos that shit sucks. Great addition Squishy!

Report Post Tip

Though it's kind of pathetic that this had to be implemented, stellar idea. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been a thing before.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Maybe it would be nice, and I know this belongs in suggestions, but if we can do jail share's through the game - why not implement Durden Spawn that auto-spawns 1 week from the first donation. We can blow up each others mailboxes like we always do for collections, but rather than send credits to the collector and hope they aren't taking 5% off the top for themselves or keeping it all when they die - we can all see how many credits are donated and how large the spawn will be. 

-Just a suggestion- keep honest people honest. 

Report Post Tip
Wonderful clarification, this is very good for business!
Report Post Tip

That's a hell of an idea Syn. Would certainly help prevent issues like this.

Report Post Tip

Love this Squishy! Thanks!

Report Post Tip

Excellent suggestion, Syn. That sounds great!

Report Post Tip

Concur. Syn, I think this is an excellent idea.

Report Post Tip
Life time ban. Best idea
Report Post Tip

What's old Achilles been up to now?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: RULES: Scamming - Ethics, Do's and Don'ts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL