Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 06:25:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe Started by: Sinfest on Jun 27, '16 08:37

His tiny legs could only take him so far as he attempted to outrun the few policemen that tailed close behind him, sometimes the magic just would stop working and the floating couldn't take effect which was honestly so tiring that he couldn't comprehend how humans could do this whole walking thing at all; the best thing that Orko could manage was to duck inside the closest business with the cash still in his hands, most people around this town knew to pretend they didn't see anything suspicious when it came to men like him, which is why he liked coming here for certain business more than other cities.

"Hello there, uh, everybody.", nodding as a couple ten-dollar bills fell from the large burlap sack he was holding tightly in his fists, he sighed and walked over towards the counter ignoring the small notes there was a sigh of relief as the police seemed to run directly past the place and continue their search for the infamous mafioso. 

Now that there was a few moments of respite the man came to the realization that he had ended up sneaking directly into a shop filled to the brim with some of his favorite human creations-- confections. Now that everything had seemingly calmed down, Orko placed the sack onto a table and picked up the $40 that had spilled out and walked it over towards the counter, placing it down and looking at all of the various treats that he could indulge in.

"How many brownies and pies will forty dollars get me? I've never had this pumpkin pie before, or any of them really, but pumpkin, now that's the type of thing I could see myself digging into." 

There was a pause for a moment while he ducked down a bit to keep the view from outside giving away his position, but surely sticking around for a pie and some chocolate would be well worth the potential of a little bit of jailtime. With his magics, Orko could handle a few years of jail in his sleep, quite literally, as he had a knack of sleeping for thousands of hours at a time.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The cashier smiles at Orko before picking the cash and counting it. She than smiles sweetly and says

"Well sir you can get quite a bit with that much cash"

She giggles and continues

"If you are looking for half and half it would be all the brownies you see in the store currently made which is about 3 dozen plus a delivery of about 10 dozen more including delivery fees since you wouldn't get them today. As for the pies you can get for 20 dollars its about a quarter a pie so 80 pies 70 with delivery fees because we only have about 30 pies currently made and they aren't all pumpkin. We also only have 3 ovens so it would take awhile to get you your pies. I can also just get you a couple pies and all the brownies and change if you want to big spender, as well"

Report Post Tip

Grabbing at the sack, Orko placed it nearer his feet and off of the table which could be seen easily from the windows, if he was going to be here for a while deciding what to have then a bit more stealth was in order. Peering at the woman behind the counter and then the menu behind her, there was a lot to ponder and he wasn't exactly a quick thinker.

"That's a lot of pies and brownies, and I'm only one man. How about you just give me two of these pumpkin pies. Keep the change, I admittedly was going to just leave it on the ground anyways. I'm a bit pressed for time right now, you see?"

There was a few more moments of silence while he looked around the shop and back out the windows. His quick escape had somehow turned into a rendeveous with sweets, which wasn't exactly a bad thing in his mind.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sinfest checks in on his bake shop and hopes all is well. He sees he had a newer customer and hopes all was taken care of. He sneaks a snickerdoodle from the back before the baker notices like usual but was caught by the cashier this time. She winks at him and grabs one too before heading into the kitchen. Sinfest lets out a hearty laugh and heads back out to the night hoping his little brownie shoppe stayed in good hands with his staff. 

Report Post Tip

the Squirrel god notices Sinfest enter a shop which was advertised 'brownies'

He had no idea what a brownie was so popped in to enquire

'Humanoid, what are these brownie you speak of and do they come with mead?'

Report Post Tip

Sinfest still getting use to a squirrel being able to talk but than he cant really say anything being a cartoon 30+ year old kid walking these streets, takes a moment and with a raised eyebrow responds to Ratatoskr 

"You have never heard of a brownie before? You are missing out. I am not sure if Squirrels can eat chocolate but its a chocolate cake like squares with or without nuts. Since you never had one, if you can have chocolate that is, feel free to let the cashier know I am giving you a freebie. You will love it. We don't really carry too much in the way of alcohol but I can for tell you there are some great local pubs and bars who might carry what your looking for. Mead though is a little hard to find nowadays but I can wish you the best of luck finding some without coppers getting on you.

Sinfest than lets his cashier know about the freebie he is giving Ratatoskr and goes back to stea... I mean making money. 

Report Post Tip

'THEY COME WITH NUTS?'

The squirrel god could not contain his excitement, it certainly made up for the disappointment of the whole Hel debacle

'give me the freebie Sinfest mentioned,'

The squirrel tasted the brownie and his eyes lit up, his blood coursed through his veins

'FUCKING BEST DAY EVER, THANK  YOU SINFEST'

Report Post Tip

Hera went inside Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe and bought lots of brownies, cookies and candies to take to the children in her orphanage. 

She also bought a slice of Meringue pie and and a cup of coffee for herself and enjoyed it before paying and leaving for the orphanage.

Report Post Tip

Quadir loved Banana nut bread and muffins.  He heard that Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe carried what he was looking for.   He walked in and purchased a dozen Banana nut bread muffins and a pound cake.   He paid cash and Keith carried the order to the car.  Quadir then walked out of the shop and went home.   

Report Post Tip

Ian entered Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe and bought some treats for himself as well as for the other Kayakers. He bought a box of assorted brownies and a chocolate cake. 

"This should be enough," he thought. He also got himself some Hot Chocolate and a slice of peach pie. He wasn't allowed to eat anything made with peaches in the headquarters, or even in Vegas, so he enjoyed some here where SassyPeach wouldn't find out. 

Report Post Tip

S.A thought he did not have a weakness but it turned out he does. : he has a sweet tooth or several of them in fact. He stops by and sees Ye Olde Brownie shop and the displays had his mouth watering.

No one knew of this and he made sure it stayed that way.l He bought 3 bags of peanut butter fudge, 2 bags of brownies and red velvet cakes. taking this back to his apartement he leased in detroit. he enjoyed his sweets while listening to hte traffic nad activity outside his window

Report Post Tip
Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe, funny name on a superbly well-organized place.

He bought a coffee with a slice of milk in it and sat down and watched the other in this joint while drinking the freshly brewed coffee.

After finisikng his coffee he gets up and thanked for a great moment.
Report Post Tip

Kenny was in town for some leisure time with his crew. After a difficult job in Chicago they made their way to Detroit to lay low. They rented a big house in Corktown to stay for a week until the heat in CH blows over so they can return there to grab the cash. He and his friend Theo went to make a food run for the house and passed by a brownie shop.

"I bet the boys would like something sweet. We could put it in the fridge and maybe would last for a few days." Theo said, Kenny agreed and they went in. The smell of baked good in the air made their stomach grumble a little bit.

They made their way to the front counter and Kenny bought 100$ worth of brownies of various flavors and returned home to surprise the crew.

Report Post Tip

WednesdayAddams popped into this old Bakery where she swears she knew the name Sinfest from somewhere. She took a deep breathe and knew she was in a good place. All the good smells and everything almost put a smile on her face. She calls out

"Thing! I need my pocketbook"

The Severed Hand pops out of her bag with her pocketbook in between his fingers. WednesdayAddams takes her pocketbook and heads to the counter

"I will take a dozen Snickerdoodles cookies, A pound of Fudge and Peanut butter Fudge, A cherry pie, and 3 pounds of assorted Taffies"

She knew she would have to share some of this back in Philadelphia with her family and friends. When she was given her total she pulled out the cash as well as a generous tip before taking her goods and heading back out into the night

Report Post Tip
Tutte had seen this morning he was totally out of cookies, really a disaster. He truly had to have some at home since he was getting guests this afternoon and he wanted to serve coffee and fresh coffee-bread.

He gets into Ye Olde Brownie and buys a big bag of newly baked brownies and also took a bag of small cookies he saw and they looked tasty enough. He pays up for his two bags and gladly walked home to put in a safe place.
Report Post Tip

Sarcasm was having a hankering for  something brown.

No, not shit.  Not heroin.  chocolate.

Sarcasm loved chocolate.

He was strolling his way up by the border when he finally came across a shop that would tickle his fancy.  

"Chocolate chip cookie, and a chocolate milk please and thank you."

Report Post Tip

Ian steps up to the counter, taking in the delicious smells wafting from the kitchen. His mouth waters as he scans the menu, struggling to decide what to order. Finally, he looks up at the salesperson and says, "I think I'll have the cherry turnover, a lemon poppyseed muffin, and a chocolate fudge brownie, please."

The salesperson nods and begins to ring up the order. Ian can't help but feel a little guilty about indulging so much, but he figures he deserves a treat every once in a while. He glances around the shop and notices a few other patrons seated at tables, enjoying their own baked goods and drinks. The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming, with soft lighting and a warm ambiance.

As the salesperson hands him his order, Ian thanks them and takes a seat at one of the empty tables. He takes a bite of the cherry turnover and savors the buttery, flaky crust and sweet filling. The lemon poppyseed muffin is just as delicious, with a light and airy texture and a tangy lemon flavor. Finally, he indulges in the chocolate fudge brownie, which is rich and decadent with a gooey center.

Ian realizes that he will definitely be returning to Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe for more delicious treats in the future.

Report Post Tip

Lucious was driving down the street he was talking with Val who was on the passinger seat.  He told her that he had a craving for something sweet, when he saw Ye Olde Brownie shoppe.  Lucious made a crazy uturn and headed for the shoppe.  He parked in front of the joint and walked in to get a few apple and lemon turn overs.  He ate one while he was there and took the rest to go.  He gave half to Val and tossed the brown paper bag with his turnovers into the back seat and headed back down the street.  

Report Post Tip

WednedayAddams found herself in detroit once again and decided to hit up her favorite bakery. She walks in, mouth almost already drooling and waves at the counter clerk. She waits until she is called up to the counter before placing her order. 

"This time I think I will take a few snickerdoodle cookies and bakers dozen of brownies to send over to my family headquarters. You just really know how to satisfy a sweet tooth around here"

WednesdayAddams chortles and continues

"I also want a few pounds of cherry taffy as well, Thing! My pocket book please"

Thing grabs WednesdayAddams' pocketbook from her purse and brings it out to her and heads back to his hidey hole in her backpack. 

"100 should cover it all"

Wednesday says to herself, as she writes out a check for the shopkeep, hands it over to them, puts away her pocketbook, and as patient as she can waits for her order to be made up. When she receives her order she pops two taffies in her mouth and she nods to the shopkeep, than thanks them, before heading back out onto the streets of Detroit. 

Report Post Tip

An impromptu jaunt to the Motor City wasn't exactly an oddity for those that were not strangers to dealing in various illegal powders. Fortunato never would tire out of touching down in Michigan and quickly filling his pockets with more cash than most would see in a year's time. All that extra cash called for a little bit of frivolous spending, but he mused that this latest purchase could be construed as a sort of business expense. 

The response that his foot received from the pedal of the new Chevy Fleetline Deluxe was pleasing enough to lift his left cheek in a smirk as he looked across the bench seat to his wife. "Worth every penny," he said with each word accented by the purring throttle. Before turning down the next main drag, something wafted in through the open window of the dark green machine. 

"Lunch be damned, let's dive straight into the good stuff, Gin." He said as he barked the tires on the way towards the parking lot of Ye Old Brownie Shoppe. Once parked, Fortunato wasn't too keen on taking the key out of the ignition and letting the humming engine die. He gave in upon realizing that this new purchase would require them to drive all the way back home to New York. 

"The sign says brownies, but you know Me. Always the muffin man," he said as he held the door open to the establishment for his wife. His sentence drifted off as the various aromas from the kitchen escaped out the open door like a dog who'd never seen the outside of its fence. Fortunato's right hand found its favorite spot pressed firmly onto the small of Ginevra's back as they made their way up to the counter. 

"A coffee, a lemon poppyseed, and a chocolate muffin for Me." The Italian said as he slicked back his hair and thought about the drive back home. Perhaps they should order some sweets to go on the road trip? 

"What'll it be for you, red?" Fortunato couldn't help but grin as he watched Ginny's eyes dart from delectable treat to sugary desire as she decided. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $32,723 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Ye Olde Brownie Shoppe
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL