crystal 'balls' might forget their duties and responsibilities but
anyway, we need clothes to wear and there are a few of us who are
talented in the making of suits, tuxes, dresses and so on and so
forth.No, I'm not here to advertise my suit making business but
however, I am here to address the importance of suits(suits is a
general term used here to refer to all kinds of clothing). I,
personally am a person who keeps on changing my suits, Yes I know that
is kinda freakish behavior but I am freakish that way but I am here to
ask' What is the importance of a well -tailored suit?'. Translation for those unable to comprehend the words of a genius like me-

Would you respect a person who has a well tailored suit but is not as powerful as a person who dresses himself in rags?

Also would you equally respect two equal ranked Mafioso one of whom
has a good suit whereas the other man has a sorry excuse for one?

Is a suit a status symbol to be maintained judiciously by those in power?

Is there a need for some hierarchy as there is Italy for example, In
Italy,A Don and his wife(If the Don is man, of course) are supposed to
have at least one suit and one car more than the next powerful member
of that Family?

Report Post Tip

As mark twain once said, "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

I think that it shows a certain amount of disdain for this thing of ours if you do mot at least try and fit in. Sure fashion is subjective, and what i or you like may not be to everyone's taste, but at least we tried. Take my good friend Tyrion, his suit is fairly basic compared to the elaborateness of others, but its what suits him best, and he is happy. Its the guys who don't try, the guys who walk around as naked as the day they were born that we need to keep an eye on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what clothes you wear, as long as tyou make the effort to fit in, if you can't even be bothered to change the suit you arrived onm these shores in, then what hope is there for you? How do you expect to adapt to the social requirements of this thing of ours?

Carlo looks at his watch and hurries off, wondering if what he said made sense or whether it will just be chalked up as the ramblings of yet another drunkard.

Report Post Tip

I do not consider this the rambling of  a drunkard, Carlo and thank you for your valued opinion.

Report Post Tip

He takes a deep look into Joel's eyes then gives a few words.

Your suit describes who you are.
Someone's suit might be Heaven on earth for him and at the same time it might be hell for others. Thus, describing a suit to be good or bad is not for you to decide and frankly, I for one don't care if people like my suit or not for if they are to judge me from my suit then i better go buy a new one...

Report Post Tip

It depends for me. If I'm in a private setting, then you might catch me looking more dazzling than usual. But when I'm seen in public, you won't see me wearing any nice clothes. I'm not trying to attract unwanted attention if you know what I mean.

Report Post Tip

I don't believe a suit has anything to do with the person themselves. Fine, you might get an insight into what 'fashions' they like wearing, but I would never judge a man by his suit.

I believe the saying goes "Never judge a book by it's cover".

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reflections In A Crystal-I
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL