Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 04:36:56
Page:  1 
Business Whores Started by: Francine-Dilalie on Mar 14, '10 09:02

Fran walks down the city streets, seeing sad eyed owner after sad eyed owner going out of business. Bars, clubs, restaurants, all closing down after only a few days of business. Why? Because they didn't have enough customers, they went out of vogue.

Fran shakes her head, looking again, seeing hopefull new owners sitting in their shiney new shops, waiting for that first customer that might never come.

She sighs, trying to think of a solution. As a business owner herself, she knew how things could grind to a halt without warning. Something had to be done. Days later, she comes to the streets to air her ideas, and test them against the collective wit of the passers by. Taking a breath, she begins talking to any who will listen 

Are you a business owner? Do you fear the day that people just stop rolling through your doors, leaving your creation empty? Well, hopefully this will answer your prayers!

She throws out a bunch of business cards, scattering them among the crowds

Business whores. 
Business going down the drain? Give it a kick start with one of our "Customers for hire". Each is experienced, and will get yours back on your feet. Like all good whores they are anonymous. Contact Fran for details

Report Post Tip

Memphis runs accross one of Fran bisiness cards scttlered in the streets and takes a look at it. He began to smile.

I think tht is a preety good business ideal Fran. I'm sure it would work well!

Report Post Tip

Francine, I'm not a business owner myself but this seems like a good idea. One that will benefit not only yourself, but the business and the people being hired.

The only thing I really want to ask is what prices do you charge? As I said, I'm not a business owner myself but I think this is information that people will want to know if they are thinking of hiring you.

Report Post Tip

That will be assessed on a case by case business: Not all businesses are the same. Some need more work, and so multiple people will be needed to get the buzz going. Also, pries will vary depending on what a person is able to pay. There would be no point trying to charge a fortune from a Thug, that to a Don would be a pittance.

Report Post Tip

I for one, do not appreciate this idea a lot as I am a strict believer that it should be the quality of the business and the connections of the owner of the business,and not on the basis of the money they can afford. If you were offering some advertisement, I would like it but I disagree with this approach to improve the number of patrons.

Not only That, how would it benefit the owner if the Stock Exchange is down for now?

~J~

Report Post Tip

Although I agree that the owner would not get any monetary gain from this, as the stock exchange is undergoing repairs as you say, but is that all one has to gain from running a business? The business districts in our fair cities came long before the new-fangled stock exchange, and yet still businesses were rife. Why? The joy of serving customers? Possibly. The chance to increase your street presence? More than likely. The point is, money is only one very small aspect of these businesses we run.

And to your first point, this is a form of advertising. These people of mine will not only use establishments, in order to place them in the public eye, but they will also recommend the places to their friends. In  a sense, this is the truest form of advertising.

Report Post Tip

Thank You for clarifying, Ms Francine-Dilalie, I do withdraw my first point about advertisement and I said that as I felt that your employees would come to a bar, get a beer and go, only serving to increase the populace at a fixed period of time.

However, I must say, I am stunned that you feel that it is out of the joy of serving to customers, and not for monetary gain that people start businesses.

Most of the businesses we start are rarely straight forward businesses but are rather fronts for 'other' businesses that the police would love to find out about. If I wanted to be happy with only the joy of serving customers then I would have been a shopkeeper instead of a Mobster.

~J~

Report Post Tip

Listening to the announcement and subsequent opinion, he interjects.

I think its fair to say any business will have a vested interest in increasing the flow of custom through the door. Its only natural that we see all kinds of advertising gimmicks. From the guy on the street corner handing out flyers to buy-one-get-one-free offers in windows.

I must say Fran, this is as innovative as it is brave. It's a perfectly viable venture. I applaud your vision and hope it all works out for you.

Report Post Tip

Joel, why does this stun you?

He turns around to Tritium's voice and notices it's that crazy psychic again. She reaches into her coat pocket and pulls out a flask of rum with two shot glasses. Joel's eyes light up as she pours one for him and the other one for herself. Tritium immediately takes her shot and grimaces from the alcoholic burn.

The business district in this thing of ours is not solely for monetary gain, but in another way, it allows us to reach out to other mobsters without being blatant about it. In other words, running businesses gives us the opportunity to establishment more connections without the feds being hot on our ass. And let me tell you, having an abundant supply of connections in this things of ours can make your life a whole lot easier.

Tritium can still feel the rum burning her throat.

Additionally, it doesn't hurt to give your business a boost by using Fran's services. Who knows, maybe the stock market will be up sooner than we think.

Report Post Tip

Yes,Tritium. I do agree that businesses help in the widening of my circle of contacts and that is one of the major reasons I have started a business in New Orleans but then the thing that stuns me is that Mafioso do not open businesses for monetary benefit.

If even normal people open businesses for monetary gain through proper methods, we open them for a threesome benefit.

One. We get the profit from unsuspecting Civilians who think that our business is an ordinary one.

Two.We get money from bootlegging, girls and other illegal operations which operate out of that establishment.

Three.We can entertain our friends and spread our circle of connections further.

Thus, we open them for monetary gain as well as for the widening of our circle of friends.

~J~ 

Report Post Tip

And you have issues with my system, even though it could help with all three of those things?

1) Seeing a bustling shop always attracts innocent bystanders. Monkey see monkey do. Thus, more money can be made. Advertisement.

2) A shop that i doing more legit business is less likely to draw the attention of the cops, so your meth labs and bootlegging centres can stay open longer. Relocating costs cash.

3) New people come along, and widen your circles of communication.

Report Post Tip

I understand where you're coming Joel, but I would like to pose a question...

Lets just say the stock market is up and you're running a productive business, would you agree that the profit from your business is only a tiny tiny tiny fraction of your overall profit?

Report Post Tip

I do not have a problem with the results your methods will provide Ms. Fran. am sure they will provide extremely valuable business opportunities.

It is just that it is my belief that the a businessman should not hire customers but he should rather, keep his business in prime condition so that people flock to the business of their own accord.

I do like the advertisement part of your business but what I do not like is that a business man should stoop to the level of hiring customers to come and spend their money in his/her establishment.

~J~

Report Post Tip

Leper hobbles over to the sidewalk. He strains to pick up one of the business cards from off the ground, using his cane to support himself

Personally I applaud any venture that someone comes up with to generate revenue for themself. Bravo and best of luck to you Francine.

Report Post Tip

Fran turns first to Joel, thanking him for his constructive criticism.

If you think of any way to improve my little venture, please, my door is always open.

She then turns to the leper, helpfully handing him a card she kept in a pocket

And thank you for the good wishes.

Report Post Tip

Even with the greatest ideas, if you do not have a way of selling it then nobody will ever know it was there. Every business needs advertising to truly excel.

a businessman should not hire customers

I do not believe that this is the way you should view the business which she is running. It is more like subtle advertising. If I see a lot people going into a shop and coming out with something looking truly happy with their experience there, it will make me more likely to visit that shop than the one across the road which has no customers.

Some businesses advertise with flyers, some by announcing themselves on the streets - both of which are very much in your face blatant advertising. This is quite an original idea in my opinion, and a very good idea.

what I do not like is that a business man should stoop to the level of hiring customers

I don't think you're really seeing the essence of this idea here. If you look at the way people advertise - billboards, flyers etc - they all cost money. This is just a different, innovative way of advertising. An advertisement in it's simplest form is a businessman paying to attract your attention - which is exactly what Francine is offering.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Samurai, for putting it much more eloquently than I ever could have.

Report Post Tip

Yes, Indeed Mr Samurai. I am sure that I did not point out to anybody that this method of advertisement did not deserve recognition as it certainly does and will bring a lot of customers to a particular establishment. I was merely stating what was on my mind and that I was not exactly crazy about this mode of advertisement and have backed only that by logical reasons.

~J~

Report Post Tip

Awesome this can really help the buissness side of things

<em>Claudio_Delucci</em>

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Business Whores
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL