Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 19:58:48
Page:  1 
Fearless and Burning Started by: RichardEnnebocks on Mar 15, '10 12:16

Richard sat in his favorite New York cafe, his feet propped up on the table in front of him. The staff had long since given up trying to stop him from doing it, so they freely let it go. Richard was sitting near the front window, enjoying the early spring sun shining through. As he began to doze off in his chair, a familiar voice startled him awake. Turning to see who it was, he spotted SpaceMountain towering over him.

"Heyya Space!" Richard exclaimed, receiving a glare from Hoopi, who was standing behind SM. "...and Hoopi."

Hoopi shook his head and wandered to the counter to get a coffee or something. Space continued to stand, staring at Richard. Richard stared back, simply twiddling his thumbs. "Richard, you asked us to come here," Space finally said.

"I did?" replied Richard, giving SM a puzzled look. "You did, Richard," retorted SM. Richard scratched his cheek, before a light-bulb went off in his head. He swung his feet off of the table, brushing off the footprints and dirt.

"I did! Have a seat! I figured you would want to watch."

SM sat down on the other side of the table, signaling Hoopi to get him a coffee. Hoopi was on his way back to the table, and disgruntled, turned back around to the counter. "Alright, what is it that I am suppose to watch?"

"Remember how that one place across the street was giving you some trouble and you wanted me to make sure they were taken care of?" Richard said, not so subtly pointing at a small bakery across the street. SM slapped his hand down. "Ow." Richard said, shaking his hand to get rid of the stinging pain. "Right, no pointing.

"Anyway, we should be a few minutes away from the big show. So sit back, have a donut, and enjoy."

Richard leaned back in his chair, thinking about donuts. As Hoopi returned to the table with SM's coffee, Richard turned to him.

"Hoopi, why don't you get us some donuts?"

Hoopi turned to Richard. "Get your own damn donuts. I'm not your errand boy." barked Hoopi. Richard smirked at Hoopi, holding back from laughing. The sound of glass breaking across the street interrupted the banter, and the three men all took a glance out the window to catch the show.

The front window of the bakery had shattered, and thick black smoke was pouring out. After a few minutes, the flames followed the smoke, lighting the entire bottom floor of the building in orange. As Richard watched entranced by the flames, he noticed someone casually walking up to the front door of the bakery. As Richard sat confused that anyone would approach the inferno, the man opened the door and walked inside.

Richard was in complete shock as he watched throw the smoke as it appeared the man had taken a seat inside the bakery. Richard's jaw had dropped at this strange scene. Turning to SM, Richard noticed a bemused and bewildered look on his face. Turning back to the scene, they watched as the guy sat inside the blaze for a few more minutes. Finally, the man casually stood up and exited the bakery. His clothes were singed and his exposed skin was covered in soot. As the man walked away, Richard, SM, and Hoopi all looked at each other, stunned and in disbelief. Richard tried to find something to say, but couldn't think of the words. Finally, he managed to speak up.

"Did that guy just..." Richard started, before being cut off by SM. "Yep."
"And then he..." Richard started again, this time cut off by Hoopi. "Yep."
"And he somehow..." "Yep," came the reply from both Hoopi and SM.

Sitting in silence for the next few minutes, Richard was still trying to interpret what he had seen.

"Why would you walk into a building that was on fire?"

Report Post Tip

sneakyrat listens to this story... a little amazed he clears his thoughs in his mind and adds...

Well Richard... seems to me that you have just seen the Devil himself! If i were you i'd start praying to god so he takes you with him when you cross over. Seems like a message here!

sneakyrat walks away, praying softly to not draw too much attention but mostly to serve god!

Report Post Tip

Richard overheard someone at the table behind him say "good story." Turning around, he expected to find two people conversing over some story one of them had told. He only managed to spot one person sitting there, so he quickly glanced around, seeing if someone was hiding under the table or something. Not finding anyone, he asked the man that was sitting there.

"Were you telling a story or something? I like stories. Wish I could remember a good story. And did you see that guy run into that burning building? He seemed oblivious to what was actually happening to the place. Do you have any ideas as to why someone would do something like that?"

Report Post Tip

sneakyrat looks at Richard understanding his confusion and makes himself clear...

No i havent seen that guy sorry as i have just heard someone mentioning that he saw someone enter a burning building. I would say that only the Devil would do such a thing, and that i would pray immediatly if i was the one that saw it. Seems like a message to me! Gives me the biggest shivers i must say!

Report Post Tip

Achilles was sitting casually in a café he usually visited during his lunch break. As he read the latest edition of the Gwarble Barble he heard the door bell go and two men he knew to be big players in the NY crime scene entered and approached the man sitting at the table closest to the window. Achilles couldn't see who this man was having not seen his face earlier when he had entered, before the two men had arrived however, he was lounging back with his feet on the table. Achilles had shook his head and then dived back into his paper, grinning after reading a small section of the paper which has focused on himself.

The men began talking about business, Achilles knew better than to try and listen in any closer, it was not his business to listen in to other peoples conversations and found from past experience that it usually brought more bad than good. Again he delved into the paper continuing to read the Horroscopes section, unexpectedly however there was a loud smash, Achilles lifted his head and looked towards the window, across the road he could see smoke flooding out of the window of a bakery. Achilles sat watching the scene for a short while, merely thinking that businesses being burnt out were a regular way to punish people who had either not been up to scratch with payment, or else had done something they shouldn't have done. However Achilles now noticed a man walking towards the bakery, Achilles watched with astonishment as the man entered the bakery and took a seat inside, apparently not noticing anything wrong. The man sat there for some time before getting up and exiting, Achilles caught himself with his mouth wide open, clearly a result of his perplexity. He now focused on the three men sat at the table near the window, one turned to the other and asked a series of unfinished question, the answers been given before the questions had been asked entirely.

Finally the man asked a question that was uninterrupted by anyone...

"Why would you walk into a building that was on fire?"

Another man sat not far away, Achilles could have sworn he was some kind of preacher man, speaking of the Devil and of praying to God.

Ignoring the preacher Achilles asked himself the same question and it seemed no logical answer could come to mind. Achilles had witnessed a lot of wreckless acts recently, this was just one of many.

"It seems this is not an uncommon thing to do in this day and age."

The men sat at the table turned to look at Achilles, he recognised each of them now, including the man who had his feet upon the table and it seemed they recognised Achilles too, for there was a look of surprise in their eyes, which then turned to understanding

"As of late people have been running into buildings on fire both literally as we have seen here and metaphorically.

Just recently I witnessed (as did many others) 3 cities run into a building engulfed in flames, the smoke filled their lungs and the heat licked at their flesh until they were no more but ashes and dust, of course I am referring to the war which recently swept our land and of the 3 cities which did something completely unexpected and almost certainly unescapable without dying.

Many of us have also witnessed mafiosi enter the streets and speak their minds, only to be licked down by the flames produced by the fiery tongues of higher ranked individuals. Some have come away with only minor burns, others have left with nothing but singed clothing and some quite simply couldn't take the heat and withered away.

More recent events have seen a Capo who was certain to live a short life when they left their family and began shooting wildly at other mafiosi. This individual didn't last long and soon found that the heat was too deadly to survive with.

If you observe closely the actions of people as of late you will notice that people have walked into the buildings which are set alight due to several reasons. Some to be noticed, others because they thought it was the right thing to do and some because they're just pretty fucken stupid. Whether it's one or all of these reasons it seems to be something of a trend to be walking into burning buildings, maybe they're fearless or maybe it's just stupidity, I wouldn't know."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fearless and Burning
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL