Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 04:54:22
Page:  1 
The Rise of Maledictus Started by: Borya on Jul 22, '16 02:08

Borya leans in towards his heavy as he whispers a few quiet words in Borya's ear before patting him on his back gently. Borya just stares vacantly into the distance, stunned and lost for words. He looks back towards the heavy before finding a few words, "Definitely? It was him?" - the heavy nods.

Borya slumps into his chair, lifting his cigar from the ashtray. Just before it reaches his mouth, he quickly rises from his seat and dumps the cigar on the desk.
"
Get on the phone to Johnny_Marcone. I need to see him immediately." Before Borya could head out of the door towards the car, one of his security team interrupt, 
"
But Boss.. You know that shooter is out there somewhere."
"
I know, Johnson. That's why I need to see Johnny. This needs sorting - now."
Borya heads out the door, barking 5 words before throwing his coat over his shoulders, "
Get the car ready... NOW!"

Borya finds himself so lost in thought, he hadn't even noticed he had pulled up outside the safe house. 
"
Boss?", his driver failed to gain his attention.
"
.. Boss? We're here.", he tried again.
"
Okay, Scoober. Thank you."
Borya exits the car and finds himself in the company of two heavys who'd gone ahead of him for his safety. Today had been a very dangerous day. None of The Proletariat family could afford to take risks. Borya looked up at the large house in front of him. It was a thing of beauty, but he couldn't help but wonder if it was all worth it. He had money.. power.. influence.. women.. cars.. But all at the risk of his life - and the lives of those around him. He couldn't help but feel saddened for the price that had been paid today.

He had been too lost in thought to realise it, but he'd found himself at the front door of the safe house. He took a look at the beautiful surrounding and inhaled the fresh sea air before enterring.

As his feet found their way across the dark oak flooring, he wandered through into the kitchen. Just before getting there, he stops to straighten a frame found hanging on the wall - "That's better..." he spoke gently to himself. He always had a battle against his slight obsessive compulsive disorder - being as tired as he was certainly didn't help him in dealing with it. After he finished straightening the picture, he realised one of Johnny_Marcone's security was stood in the kitchen staring at him.
"
Where's Johnny?", Borya asked.
"
Uhmmm...", Johnny's security struggled for words.
"
Eh? C'mon.. Where is he? He's meeting me here, no?" - Borya walked into the kitchen, having a quick browse only to realise there was no sign of Johnny.
Johnny's security finally found his tongue, "
Listen Boss.. There's something you need to know."
Borya stopped immediately in his tracks and gave the security the hardest stare his dark blue eyes had to offer. He took a sharp breath in and straightened his tie, holding firm eye contact the entire time.
"
You're gonna tell me about Don Lenin, I take it..? The trigger-happy bastard got to him? I don't wanna hear it. Johnson saw me earlier. Now tell me where the fuck Johnny is, so we can get this shit sorted."
Johnny's heavy found himself struggling even more to find words, "
No Boss.. Err.. Yeah, I know but.. Listen.. Sir..", he stuttered and stumbled on his words which only angered Borya further. "There's more you need to know.. Listen.. Sit yourself down, Boss."
"
No, son.. I don't want to sit myself down. Now, if you got something to say, I suggest you spit it out."
"
Sir.. We couldn't stop him.. He was in and out.. Gone before we could do anything!", the security used all his strength in an attempt at an explanation.
Borya took a step closer, "
What are you telling me, son?"
"
It's Johnny, boss... They got Johnny. He's dead."

Borya knew from the start where this conversation was going, he just didn't quite want to believe it. He turned away from the heavy, staring up at the ceiling, muttering a few words to himself. Borya was a strong man. He'd lived through a lot of pain. It wasn't so long ago that he buried his own Father, Albino. It was only moments ago he'd heard about the death of the great Don VladimirLenin, but now he'd been informed of Johnny_Marcone's death too? Borya was a broken man. The two men he held most dear, his two closest allies.. Not just allies or friends - they were his brothers. 

Borya was a proud man. Currently, he had a lot of men around him. Men that he demanded the respect of. He couldn't show weakness. He couldn't crack. At this point, he couldn't even mourn their deaths. The shooter was still out there and that needed sorting. He pulled his hankerchief from his outer-jacket pocket, wiped across his nose to hide what wanted to be tears. Taking in a deep breaths and turning around back towards the men accompanying him, he spoke firmly,
"
Get me in a room with Chicago's best. This fucker dies - today. Before that, though.. Rally up Lenin's most trusted men. We need to get through this together. Don't tell me it can't happen - make it happen!"

Borya stood before the room full of Mafioso. Some of them small, some big, some wearing black, others wearing the brightest and craziest colours you could imagine. VladimirLenin was a man with many friends from many different backgrounds, specialities and ancestories. Some had ancestories which had been in this world longer than they cared to remember, others found themselves stepping into the big shoes just recently. But all of them were his dearest and most-trusted friends. The men in this room as a unit were known as the Proletariat. It was not just a team, or a group or even a crew - this was a Family. VladimirLenin always told Borya, no matter what happened - he could always rely on this family, without any doubt or hesitation.

Borya started by sharing the terrible news of VladimirLenin's and JohnnyMarcone's departures from this world. He then repeated what VladimirLenin had always told him and continued,

"I stand before you today to ask for your help in this matter. VladimirLenin had all of your trust and respect. As you know, myself and Johnny_Marcone worked very closely with VladimirLenin in all of his day-to-day happenings. Most of you know me very well by now, so you'll know that I'm not fucking around. Now is the time for every single one of you to stand up and do what's right. Not for you, not even for me. You need to do what is right in the name of the late Don VladimirLenin and Don Johnny_Marcone. You need to stand up and do what is right for the beautiful city of Chicago. This bastard has done enough damage not only to our Family, but to our City. And if there's one thing you don't do.. it's damage a man's City."

Borya paused a moment, wiping his hand down the stubble on his cheek.

"I'm taking control of all of Don VladimirLenin's assets. You are all welcome to join me as the family of Maledictus. Our first move is to destroy this rogue shooter - for Vladimir and Johnny. As soon as today is over, we stand together and work with Godfather DoctorBoom in The Loop to do everything we can to rebuild the great City of Chicago."

Borya takes his glass from the desk beside him. Looking over at the Family before him, he raises his glass, "To Dons VladimirLenin and Johnny_Marcone."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Bombastic stood listening to what Borya had to say. It had been a rough few days with tragic results.

I'd like to say a few words about how we find ourselves here today.

Glancing over to Borya, she nods and continues.

Nothing could have prepared us for the sad loss of Don Vladimir and Don Johnny. They were taking from us far too young, throwing our family into turmoil. They had big plans for Northside which will sadly never be realised. May they both rest in peace.

Although The Proletariot is no more, I would like to thank everybody from the family who were able to help. I hope we can all work as well together in our new family, Maledictus.

Raising a glass, Bombastic looks again toward Borya.

Congratulations, Borya. I know these aren't the circumstances you would have liked to take on a family of your own but I am proud and happy to be at your side as we look to the future.
Report Post Tip

As she listened to Borya speak she found her mind wandering to the past days' events and sighed heavily. It had been a rough few days for her, the loss of Vlad a dark cloud around her. Her heart was broken, but Borya needed her and that was more important than wallowing in grief. Vlad would have expected more of her.

Borya and Bombastic have a fantastic way with words. They've pretty much covered everything. It wasn't how things were planned to go, but shit happens and we are going to pick up where Vlad left off. Even if it's in The Loop rather than North Side. 

Congrats Borya, I know you'll do well... You don't give yourself enough credit when it comes to your abilities and knowledge. 

She bows her head and returns to her new office to ponder life over a bottle of rye and unpacking boxes.

Report Post Tip

Borya stands tall and firm, still holding his glass as he listens to Bombastic speak. Borya had gained a close relationship with Bombastic right from the word go - it was only natural, their bloodlines had been close for some time now. As she finished speaking, he bowed his head slightly, raising his glass in her direction before responding,
"Thank you, Bombastic. I know with you by my side as Right Hand Woman, we are sure to work in perfect unison in the running of this family. I am lucky to have someone of such remarkable character to stand beside me. I hold you dearly not only as my entrusted Consigliere, but as my closest friend."

Borya turns toward Clionadh, listening intently as she speaks, nodding in agreement. A slight smile appeared on his face as she finished - a rare sight in these harsh times.
"Clionadh, what can I say? As ever, you're far too kind. Without those around me, I would struggle to do half of what I've done. To work with a woman of your calibre makes me one of the luckiest men to walk these shores. Thank you for your kind words. I certainly made a wise choice to have you beside me as my Left Hand Woman. I look forward to our future working together."

Borya takes a sip of his drink, feeling warmed to have such a wonderful family around him.

Report Post Tip

Anomander sat in the highback leather chair in his fathers office surveying the bare walls that had once held family photos, now carefully packed away in boxes. He'd had everything packed away for at least an hour and in truth should have been on his way to the airport by now, but he couldn't bring himself to move.

There was a lot of family history in this room. Childhood memories of himself and NightHawk playing cops and robbers while their fathers played for real. The life had caught up with both of them in the end, and two childhoods seemed to come to an end simultaneously. His eyes dropped to his fathers letter once more.

'Nomander,

While I hope that you will never find yourself reading these words, I've been long enough in this game to know that it will likely be the case. At the time of writing this, you are almost a man, and I'm sure by now the veil has been lifted from your eyes when it comes to my line of work.

Everything I've built has been for you; To give you the kind of opportunities I never had growing up. Unfortunately, this came at the price of missing you growing up, for this I am so very sorry. I needed to keep you safe, and as you will no doubt learn, sacrifices have to be made if you are to have everything.

It is my hope that you won't follow in my footsteps, for there is no need. To that end, I have left two bank accounts and a safety deposit box in your name. They should provide you with everything you need to start afresh. Leave Chicago and don't look back, son. Explore and live your life.

Your loving Father,

John Marcone

Anomander let the letter fall back to the desk and sat back in the chair, watching the clock over the door tick ever onwards. He'd read his fathers words over and over and over since the night Borya had handed him the letter. After the funeral he'd gone down to the bank, opened his deposit box and made preparations to fulfill his fathers last wish and leave Chicago behind, but every time he came close to leaving something stopped him. 

For his father it had been about the money, about providing a new life for his family. AnomanderRake was driven by different goals. He knew he'd never be content with just "enough". He wanted it all. Everything his father had and more.

"Sorry dad, but as you said. Sacrifices have to be made if you are to have everything"

Standing, he stepped out from behind the desk and left the office. Making his way down the hall to Borya's new office, the name on the door still freshly etched. Seeing that it was ajar he poked his head inside and the leader of the newly formed Maledictus family looked up from his paperwork.

"I wish to stay, Uncle. Is there room for me, in The Maledictus?"

Report Post Tip

Borya was buried neck-deep in paperwork. Getting everything set up was a tough job and impossible without a tipple of something strong. He sipped his whiskey and looked over the paperwork, scribbling with his pen where necessary. He heard the door creak, looking up over the top of his small reading glasses, he noticed AnomanderRake's head appear in the shadow of the door.

"I wish to stay, Uncle. Is there room for me, in The Maledictus?", he hears the young man say.

Borya removes his glasses, dropping them to his new solid oak desk. He sits back in his chair releasing a body full of air. He rubs his face through tiredness before sitting forward to answer the young man in front of him.

"Son, you know your Father and I were close. The man meant so much to me. He asked me to never let you do this. He didn't want this life for you. He died ensuring you didn't have to have this life."

Borya leans over, reaching into his bottom draw, he reveals a second glass and places it next to his on the desk. Releasing the cork from the bottle of finest whiskey, he pours a sizeable measure into the tumbler. Placing the bottle back on the table and finding his way to his feet, he lifts both glasses and makes his way to the front of his desk. He leans back so he's perched resting on his desk and lifts the glass in 'Nomanders direction before tilting his head towards the chair in front of him to offer him a seat.

"Tell me, son.. Why do you really want to do this? What drives you?"

Report Post Tip

Finding herself in Chicago for business after a couple of necessary errands for her Godfather, Arizona found herself with a free afternoon to do whatever she wanted. She decided it would be nice to explore the city and perhaps run into a couple of friends. People she had met making her round, she did know quite a bit of people so she was quite confident she would run into someone.

She made her way to the loop, since it was the center of the city it was the busiest. There was something about the big crowds that Arizona liked, she wasn't completely sure why but the hustle and the bustle was like music to her ears.

Making her way down Michigan Ave she spotted someone quite familiar in the distance. She squinted some to make sure it was really him and sure enough it was. Borya was basically in the middle of a crowd shaking hands and kissing babies, that could only mean about one thing. She made her way towards him on the way overhearing people talking about how the loop is growing and will prosper even more now.

That's when everything that Arizona thought was confirmed. She made her way right up to Borya the moment he saw her he smiled.

"Love the new suit, fits you well my friend. Congratulations on the promotion. I know the good doctor picked a good one. Very happy to see you take a spot you deserve. If you ever need anything I will be only a couple hours away. I wish you the best and again congratulations."

With a tight embrace Arizona was on her way.

Report Post Tip

Anomander takes the glass from Borya and pulls out the chair to sit. Easing himself down into the soft Italian leather armchair, he takes a mouthful of the golden single malt, savouring the taste as he contemplates his response.

"This is an excellent whiskey, Uncle. In fact, it's probably the finest I've ever tasted. I know in that drawer over there you've got a box of Cuban cigars and outside as we speak sits your Rolls Royce Phantom, right next to my fathers Bentley Blue Train. Neither car will be on the market until early next year, yet there they sit. In a box in my fathers office there is a picture with the two of you outside the Ritz Carlton, on either side of Joan Crawford and Vivien Leigh. The one behind you on the wall there is you, Vladimir and him backstage with Bing Crosby."

He takes another mouthful of whiskey, looking up to gauge the man's reaction and finding him looking back, stonefaced.

"My father didn't want this life for me, it's true. He wished for me to start a new life away from the madness and mayhem that surrounded him, to find a nice girl and settle down somewhere and have nice kids. To live a nice, quiet, peaceful existence, away from both fame and infamy. To be nobody."

"I don't want that life Uncle Borya. I never have. I want the cars, the women, the fancy suits, the best tables. I want it all. Everything he had and more."

"But more than all that, I want what money can't buy me and what my father can no longer give me. I want a family. You, my father and Uncle Vladimir were closer than blood. I've seen you with the rest of The Proletariat many times. You were a family. I want to be part of The Maledictus family, to have a bond like that with people I can call brother or sister."

"I know my father wouldn't be happy with my decision, but I'd like to think he might understand it. So how about it, Uncle?"

Anomander drained his tumbler, his throat suddenly parched as he sat nervously, waiting for the man's response.

Report Post Tip

As K_W comes back to the HQ after being away for a few hectic days but also days he decided to spent in lonely silence overthinking the events of the recent days, he sees the HQ is nicely renovated and some bustling of delivery boys as well as the occasional enforcer leaving to go on his rounds to collect the amount of fair protection money from their part of the district. He smiles with grief but also surprise, the world hasn't stopped since both beloved don's Vlad and Johnny had been buried what seems like only the day before last.

He sighs, and takes a deep breath to clear his head, he had been trying to postpone this moment and just pretending it did not happen but he knew that his family needed him. As he walked through the main entrance he nodded greetings to the familiar faces he passed, and smiling to new faces he never had seen before in the building. 

As he comes to the stairs, he asks a delivery boy who is coming down the stairs rushing to deliver a message of Borya whether the boss is still in the corner office, the boy shakes his head and points to the main office in the opposing side of the main staircase. K_W slowly walks up the stairs and when arriving at the door makes a short but dry knock on the door. 

Enter!

Hearing the familiar voice of Borya, he pushes the heavy oaken doors and slips in with the doors closing behind him. He sees his new family head behind a big desk filled with stacks of papers looking rather exhausted but very determined demeanor. 

Hello Boss, i'm back, sorry for taking this time to arrive back. I have been doing my work as we agreed on Vlad's funeral and I believe earnings have been kept steadily.

He sees Borya looking up and being relieved that his trusted family member has returned.

K_W happy you got back, i know we had a hard time and i know you needed a bit of rest. I hope you are full of energy again we could use your help around here.

For sure boss, I'm good as new, i saw a couple of new faces downstairs, and some empty places but I will go out soon to find some new talents again. I assume I can get back the office i kept downstairs for interviews?

Report Post Tip

Borya takes a sip from his glass as AnomanderRake finishes his convincing words. Borya respected 'Nomander's Father and anything he had asked of him, he would fulfil. But the man before him had something about him, something new, something refreshing. He had spirit and conviction. There were many similarities between 'Nomander and his Father, but Borya actually saw a lot of himself in this young man, too. Many could mistake his desire for everything as greed. Borya knew better - this wasn't greed. This was thirst.. But not only for wealth, women and cars. This was a thirst for power and more importantly, knowledge.

Borya scratched his stubble and released the air he'd been holding in his chest as he gathered his thoughts. Could he really disrespect the request of his late brother? He thought back to how Johnny once told Borya, not everything is as it seems. He was often told by the late Don Marcone that he must trust his judgement more as it was rarely wrong. "Have more faith in your ability, Borya", he smirked as he remembered the words. Truth is, Borya's judgement was telling him that the kid in front of him deserved a proper shot in this world. Some mafioso want to climb to the top, some want to have an untouchable life full of women and cocaine, others just need to feed their gambling addiction, but not this guy... No, AnomanderRake was clearly just a man who wanted to be a success. If that was his wish, who was Borya to stop him? Afterall, Borya would not have been anywhere if it wasn't for the help of VladimirLenin and Johnny_Marcone. The least Borya owed the man in front of him was a fair shot.

"Okay, 'Nomander...", as Borya began to speak, the door knocked. 

Looking over, Borya speaks in a raised voice, "Enter." From behind the large doors appeared K_W, one of the Family's most trusted men. K_W was a true asset to VladimirLenin's Family. Borya had often worked closely with him and had formed not only a good working relationship but also a friendship with the hardworking man. After recent events, K_W had taken some time to get some affairs in order for the new-found family but also to clear his head a bit after the recent bloodshed. After the formalities of greeting, K_W asked about the recruitment office within the HQ.

"Yes, K_W. The office is still available. Help yourself to anything you need. Find us some fresh blood. No fazools, K_W. We need people we can rely on."

Borya walked round his desk, presenting a third glass before filling it up from the slowly-emptying bottle of whiskey. He picks up the glass and offers it to K_W before proceeding to fill 'Nomander's glass.

"It's good to see you back, K_W. Good timing, actually. Have you met AnomanderRake here? Son of Don Johnny_Marcone."

He places the bottle back on the desk.

Borya looks over in 'Nomander's direction, "Son, meet K_W. He's a friend of ours."

Report Post Tip

A few hours ago, in the not-so-distant past...

As Borya looked up, he recognised the familiar face of Arizona before him. He immediately threw his arms open, gripping her before speaking, "Ahhh, Don Arizona! Great to see you."

Arizona congratulated Borya on his new promotion and complimented him. Offering her assistance, Borya couldn't help but smile and hug Arizona once more.

"Thank you Arizona. Your kind words and support are truly appreciated. I look forward to working with you some more."

With a tight embrace, Arizona made her tracks and Borya continued his day of mixed emotions as he bustled amongst the crowds, receiving tribute and shaking hands.

Report Post Tip

Resting his empty tumbler on Borya's desk, Anomander stood and turned to greet the newcomer. He'd seen the man around the HQ before, in the days following the removal of the Detroit crime families, and several times since. He remembered his father mentioning a new recruit named K_W months ago. He could tell his old man was impressed with the mafioso and he wasn't an easy man to impress, Anomander knew only too well.

He looked the man in the eye and extended his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. K_W. I've heard my father mention you many times. He held you in very high regard. I can tell Uncle Borya here does also."

Anomander eyed Borya quickly, taking his opportunity to try to nudge the man to the decision he felt....hoped rather, he was going to make.

"I hope, with the Boss's blessing, that I will be able to work closely with you in the near future. I know I could learn a lot from a man such as yourself."

Report Post Tip

As he gets a nice warm welcome from his boss, K_W relaxes, noticing that a lot of his anxiety was premature and coming back to the familiar building with the smells of cigarette smoke, high quality bourbon and hmm, a hint of newly furbished leather he sighs

Boss you can't imagine how much I need that drink, thanks a lot.

As he is about to sit down his attention shifts to the stocky young man who was sitting in front of his boss with a very anxious but expectant look in his eyes.

well hello there fella, you one of the new recruits? What's your name, ahhh marcone, you're the son of? Hmm yes your father was a great man, well mannered for the most part but a great fun trickster whom we held dear to our hearts. I still remember the one time, hehe K_W smiles to himself and sniggers we did a race and he owed me the cash and came to repay it cursing and screaming, but he had his honor and paid the amount in full.

Hmm sounds good to work with his kin, but again the chief here is this man over there, his word is final. But if he wishes to see you trained in our ways, my door is always open and I can always use an extra set of hands when I go out on jobs. Looking forward to see you grow with us, and happy to share more stories about your dad if you are interested

With a nod to the youngster, and a firm handshake with Borya K_W leaves the office to his own desk at the recruitment office downstairs to sift through a rather large pile he expects

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Rise of Maledictus
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL