Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 15:08:21
Page:  1 
Dangers of trust vs. Purpose of paranoia Started by: RobOakheart on Jul 22, '16 08:04

The bottle of Wild Turkey bourbon was half finished and stood on the center of the table. Beside it, the morning gazette lay spread open, reporting about the horrendous events from last wednesday. No civilian nor gangster missed the fact that organised crime across the country took a huge blow. After having discussed past, present and future with the doctor, Rob stood up.

"Let me write this letter."  Rob said. "I knew the monster best."

Taking his drink he settled in his office, took a pen and started to write.

"To the men and women throughout our fine cities,

As we are all aware this week brought us a rogue by the name of Pika, who created chaos and death across the country. The effect of his actions meant the downfall of wonderful people, the breaking of stable and respected families and the terrible loss of hard work and beautiful futures. Besides mourning, people will also be puzzled as to how this came to be. It makes sense to try and give insight in how Pika got the chance to go on this killing spree, especially since he had been raised within the Morningwood Elite.

Long ago a young Pika hopped around Chicago, looking for a job. I picked him up and he was given training as any new associate gets. Especially in his early days, he didn't seem to be that motivated or excel at the things we do. Through encouragement he finally seemed to pick up the pace and showed promising progression. Something that usually should make any sponsor or family happy. In recent weeks rumours about possible well-trained rogues surfaced. Pika became a subject of investigation, but in our efforts we could not find fair ground to say Pika was lying about his experience and goals in this world.

By now, too late, we know that he did lie. Killing someone of your own because they are successful, and thus possibly dangerous, is a tough choice. The simple idea that leaders should protect their members withheld us from killing Pika. Trust is a beautiful thing, but also dangerous. Paranoia is ugly, but serves a purpose. We've always known that, it became evident this week and it makes for tough choices. We failed our friends and allies in allowing Pika to live. Had we killed Pika, we would've never known whether we hadn't done the same and fail one of our own.

In the end there is only one person to blame for the death of our friends and that is Pika and his foul play. His rogue actions showed us why it's sometimes necessary to kill one or a few, to protect the majority, even if the motivation is blurry. It showed why it's important for leaders and sponsors to interact with their members often, learn about them as much as they can, so the choice to trust someone can be made. This showed us as well how important it is too have good relations across the country. With the combined efforts of each city we managed to fight this monster and we're grateful for everyone who helped us on this tragic day. I'm happy that even in this world of criminals, the good prevails over evil.

Let us mourn the fallen and remember the good they stood for.
And whatever our differences across the country in the future might be; let this week's events remind us to always stand united against the likes of Pika and fight those who threaten our way of life.

Kind regards,
Rob Oakheart of The Morningwood Elite"

After instructing one of the associates to copy the letter and send it out to their relations across the country, Rob went back to the mansion's living room and joined DoctorBoom. They exchanged looks and read the other's determination to rebuild what has been lost.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

After listening to the words of RobOakheart, Arizona decided to weigh a little bit of her opinion on the matter. She knew she wasn't truly around that day and was very thankful she had a lot of good people looking out for her. Cause it could have been very possible one of those stray bullets found it's way in her direction.

"Now Mr. OakHeart, you bring up a great point here and I know I'm approaching this a bit late but I figure it is better late then never. It is a very tricky situation for any upper structure to be a part of, especially when a mass casualty does indeed take place. There will always be what if's and how things could have been or turned up differently. Though the mater of the fact is that it was done and there is no coming back from it. The only thing that can be done now is to learn from this and move forward.

This can be one of those catch 22 situations, we all know that paranoia is a major aspect in the world we live in and there have been plenty of times paranoia has been the culprit of making rash decisions though in other instances it has been know to save entire cities. It's not an easy call to make and I for one know how it is. My ancestors have been in those positions before.

Again though like I stated before, the only thing that we can do at this point is to learn from what went wrong. This way history doesn't repeat itself.

Arizona bowed her head down and went silent for a moment.

"May the fallen rest well."

Report Post Tip

Not customary to have his opinion voiced fully in public, K_W still decides to take this moment (with in the back of his mind the other thread where the afore-mentioned rogue stated his thoughts and discussion that ensued in that forum), to gather his thoughts and ponders out loud with arizona and rob's words still on his mind.

The first thing his boss ever told him when he was still a small time pickpocket boy that being a rogue is a death penalty not only to your life, which makes sense, but also to the line of your kin for a long time in this mobster world. Not only that made very much sense to me, it also deterred me as an upcoming mafioso to ever do that. Having more experience now and reading the journals of my father and hearing several speeches from more renowed mobsters, i know these shady characters have walked these streets in numerous cases. Often their names are pronounced with disgust and their accomplishments seen with full disgrace. Often the crowds remember how upsetting it can be especially when well-respected mobsters with great communication and street savy were the victims. However in my current short life, I have low life but also well respected members of society go rogue, some even in slightly organized groups or single individuals with a backing of low life crooks to offer proctection (like in the previous case). It makes you wonder how can they organize themselves and rouse no suspicion, it makes sense that people with big guns are under scrutiny and cannot proceed with some level of credibility from our leaders.

Reading Rob's story it shows that this credibility is never bulletproof, it is based on observations limited to how these mobsters have earned their leaders trust under false pretenses. Being a trusting person myself I would portray that feeling as well to others, although that inevitably will render false since not everyone comes to this land with honest intentions. Which, yes of course, is the whole point of this lifestyle, deceit, plotting, planning, underground movements it is all part of our world and ambitions differ, without that only a handful people can rule these streets and the rest just follows. But then again I wonder why would you plan your whole life for such an event and have it over with in an instant, I would not want that much hard work to be wasted on an instant or a single moment of standing out for a deed that most likely will be consider cowardly, because in the end that is what it will be. A rogue will no difference to the way these streets are ruled, it shows time and time again a rogue comes up, shoots a bit hits maybe a few established mobsters, but within a week they have been forgotten by the masses, and shunned for any future attempts at an honest life. 

How can we avoid this tragic loss of lives most of us wonder, I doubt there ever will be a real solution, the only thing I would expect is leaders to be requesting social involvement of their established family members, not only to understand their motives or their ambitions but to make them feel a real part of their families and their cities knowing how much tragedy they would cause if they chose a rogue path. Because in the end our lives are not lived by ourselves, trying to be best in crimes, building our strengths as an individual, it's about sharing your gangster life with family, city and friends who make you strong and you can help them to be strong as well. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dangers of trust vs. Purpose of paranoia
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL