Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 11:13:41
Page:  1 
A Catchy Title Started by: ChristianGato on Jul 23, '16 13:32

In the pristine lobby of an expansive hotel, Christian stood, silently. He gazed blankly at a random spot on the floor, his mind lost in thought. It had not been long following the funerals of some of Chicago's finest, most hauntingly for Gato, his old friend Han. He had arranged to fly out to Philly immediately after, so was still dressed in black. He was soon joined by two others, after a brief exchange of embraces, the trio departed. 

A short auto-car journey brought them through Bella Vista, out over the Delaware river and into the forests outside the city. They drove for a while longer, before coming to a stop outside a small bungalow. The three disembarked and stepped through the grass, passing a pile of ash and cinders, long since abandoned and overcome with weeds.

They paused, and looked over the scene.

"This is where it all started." Christian spoke. 

"This is where our grandfather, Louis Gato, was initiated into the ranks of Omerta by the late Don Weebl."

He approached a large tree, the trunk riddled with initials, long since etched into the thick wood. His hand ran over the initials 'LG', and he smiled. 

"This is also where my father, Sam Gato, and his sister Eve, brought their new initiates to become men of honour, and serve with them during their time in Philly and New York, before their deaths."

The two figures watched on, as Christian recalled their history. They followed him into another small clearing, discovering a fenced off area where a handful of modest tombstones stood silently. Passing each one, they read the names of their predecessors. @EveGato approached one in particular.

"Eve, after your mother died, they brought her here, while you were sent to LA for your own safety. Your father named you as such to keep your mothers memory alive. This is also where Louis, Sam and Michael were laid to rest."

Christian stood with his newly reunited family. His kid brother, Sal, and cousin Eve, each processing the information in their own way.

"This is where it all started for our family, and now we find ourselves at the beginning of the end. This morning I took a call from Chicago, they want me to become a boss, to set up shop and lead our own regime."

There was a brief pause while the wind disturbed the leaves and the first light of day pierced through the branches, casting new shadows over the graves.

"'Boss Gato', that's a catchy title." SalvatoreGato smiled.

The three of the grinned, each feeling the ambition swell inside them, before departing for the bright lights and big dreams of Chicago. 

Report Post Tip

Sal watched silently out of the window while heading towards the city. He smiled as he was happy as he thought of the great stories he heard about his grandparents and was looking forward to experience the same great time as they did.

Sal watched over to his brother ChristianGato and his cousin EveGato.

"Boss Gato, that really is nice. I want to congratulate you dear brother. I know you deserve this and I know you will do a great job. I remember the stories we got told about our ancestors Louis and Sal and those stories were great."

Sal took the hands of his cousin Eve

"Eve, I knew your mother and she was great in what she did and I know you will do, too. I'm so happy we will work together and will do whatever it takes to take the Gato Regime to greatness again."

Sal then turned to the window again with a big smile in his face as they kept driving towards the city.

Report Post Tip

Don Gato. What an honor it is for me to say this.

I can't truly explain how happy I am, how ecstatic I really am about you setting up your own headquarters. I've spoken to you before time and time again, always just about anything. I've always known you to be able to do such a job and I truly believe Godfather Boom has made the best choice possible.

May the Gato family rise to prominence and the Gato Regime prosper.

I truly hope for the best for you my friend.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Keats, sitting in a pub in New York, pens a letter to his old acquaintance ChristianGato.

Don Gato, 

If the news I hear is correct, it appears congratulations are in order. Although we didn't exactly meet under the most auspicious circumstances (I'm glad there was no permanent damage done to you... or the car) and more than one of our plans to work together have unfortunately fizzled, I am most excited about what the future holds for you. Based on my reading, I consider your bloodline to be one of the most excellent that walks these streets, and I wish you all the best of continued good fortune as you endeavor to add to their legacy. I look forward to buying you a drink when our paths cross once again.

Sincerely,

John Keats

Report Post Tip

Having waited for Gato and his family to arrive back in Chicago, he met up with them at their new headquarters in The Loop.

"Hello Christian forgive me for showing up here empty-handed. It's been a busy week and frankly I'm not that good at picking thoughtful and subtle gifts. But you know you are always welcome at the Chicago Cellar for an exquisite drink. You know I have plenty in stock."

Rob shook hands with his friend.

"Congratulations on the chance to build the Gato family once more.
I know you'll add great things to Chicago and our community and it will be great to experience that from closeby.
I look forward to witnessing your intelligent approach in running a crime organisation in this place."

After chatting about tales from the past and ideas for the future, Rob let his friend get to business.
On his way out Rob passed Eve and Salvatore and welcomed them to Chicago and told them how he was looking forward to work with them.

Report Post Tip

Continuing through the street of Chicago after just stopping off to congratulate Borya, Arizona stumbled across another group of people. Seemed Chicago was the place to be today, luckily for her that is exactly where she was at. She was though for a moment going to cross the street and avoid the mass of people but her curiosity got the best of her. Slowly she made her way towards the group.

Seemed it was yet another person bestowed with the honor of a getting a crew and yet again it was someone that Arizona was familiar with. Someone she, well her ancestors have had interactions with. A huge smiled beamed from her face. What a great day it has been thus far.

She made her way straight to ChristianGato.

"Well well well, look at you."

With a smile then a hug Arizona stepped back.

"Such a pleasure surprise, though not really surprised. Congratulations, makes my day seeing you take the reigns of your own crew. I know you will do wonderful things. Congratulations my friend."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Catchy Title
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL