Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 19:16:31
Page:  1 
Just Another Day Started by: Arizona on Jul 26, '16 02:17

It was a miserable hot day in Detroit, a day where all you wanted to do was sit in front of the air conditioning sipping on an ice cold drink. Though that was just not possible today for Arizona. See last week was a bit of a lost week, she did a lot of nothing. Even enjoyed a couple days sitting on the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan. It wasn't quite proper for one of the newer leaders in Detroit to be doing this but really it didn't bother her much.

She walked over to her window to give a glance over the happens on Woodward Street. It was so hot she could see the faint heat waves coming off the streets. Just up the road a bit was a group of kids running through the water coming out of the fire hydrant which was right in front of the fire station. It was something that they did on extremely hot day, for the kids. She smiled as she began to daydream to herself, she reminisced a bit about her childhood. It so happened to be on the same streets she was living today. Brought back a lot of great memories, which she continued to relive, that was until there was a knock on her door which quickly brought her back to reality.

Turning to look over her shoulder she knew exactly who it was at her door. It was one person who always made sure she said on track, the one who made sure all of her affairs were in order and what she needed to get done. 

"SCPO I know... I know. I have stuff to do and if I stand here any longer it won't get done, again."      

With a smirk and without saying a word he turned around and walked out of her office. They both knew he didn't need to say anything because he was right she needed to get out an go. There were plenty thing she needed to do, most importantly get over to Pine's place and give him a fat envelope. One that was a little bit overdue, not because she didn't have it but more the fact she was too busy at the lake.

Looking back out the window for a brief moment she let out a sigh before turning back around to grab her bag. She just about to walk out of her office before remembering to grab the envelope off her desk. "Well that could have been awkward, if I walked over there and forgot this." Stuffing it in her bag and grabbing her blue sunhat off the rack she headed out her office door. Turning the corner just outside her door she ran smack into Zowie a couple papers dropped out of her hand.

"I'm sorry dear, didn't even see you there."

Without hesitation Zowie smiled and bent over to pick up the papers.

"No worries ma'am, would love to chat but got some shipment papers that just don't seem right from out friends down south. Need to get on the phone and get this situated."

"Please go handle it, if you need me I will be making my rounds today. I will be back later this afternoon."

With a nod Zowie was off to her office, Arizona turned and continued down the hall. She passed by WyattEarp and Doll who were engaged in a deep conversation which she didn't want to interrupt. She walked by the pair who didn't even notice she had walked and out the front door. Sitting on the stairs were BigFatTommy and Benny-Matador, the two were sharing some friendly tips since they both were in the midst of proving themselves to the crew. As Arizona passed by them they went silent. 

"I will be out doing a bit of running around, if you guys are down for it I will be at Cherries later tonight. Drinks are on me."

They both smiled and in one voice "I will be there".

"Well I will see you then but until then please go get in just a bit of trouble. Nothing too serious though, ok?"

Arizona chuckled to herself and continued on her way. It was about two steps into her short walk down the street to Pine's HQ that she was wishing she was still sitting in front of her air conditioning unit with that cold drink. She hesitated for a moment as she was thinking about turning back around but knew she just couldn't. So she suffered through the heat for the half a mile and 10 minutes it took her to get to his front doors.

With a bit of a hustle she rushed through his doors and was welcomed with a cool blast of air.

"Ahhh, that is just amazing..."

Glancing over to right stood LittleAva and Renots, two people she got to know quite well during her time living under the same roof.

"Hey, nice to see you guys. Just stopped by to drop a couple things off for Pine."

Renots smirked at her.

"You just missed him."

"Damn, ok then I will just give this to Liftoff."

Renots smirked again.

"He isn't here either, is he?"

"Nope, that he isn't"

"Well damn, ok there goes that..."

Arizona sighed, "Eh, screw it. I'm going to drink and find some trouble to get into."

She held her hands out. "Drinks are on me, who's coming with."

Without hesitation Renots reached out, Ava was a bit hesitant. Seemed she had some things she had planned already. With Renots by her side she said her goodbyes to Ava. "If your plans fall through we will be at my bar, come find us". The two went straight across the street, which was where her bar was located. Right in the heart of the city, a perfect location.

They walked in found a spot at the bar, the barkeep came right up to them. She ordered her regular and the same for Renots, she knew he wasn't too picky. They talked for a while, caught up a bit. Drink after drink was downed, the empty glasses began to pile up. She began buying shots for the other patrons at the bar. There weren't many being it was a bit early in the afternoon but it was all about having a good time and with every new person that walked through the doors a drink was immediately given to them. She just hoped Pine didn't walk through those doors, otherwise she might have a bit of explaining to do. 

Report Post Tip

Having just come back from some business down by the docks, that Liftoff mentioned needed to be handled today. I came walking into the head quarters to find LittleAva lounging around. She seemed pretty relaxed by the window, with her feet kicked up and a book in her hands. I passed by her, offering a small greeting of hello. She called for me to stop, and I sat down next to her, waiting for her to tell me what she had on her mind.

"Pine, Arizona was here earlier today looking for you, she said something about needing to talk to you, but she left with Renots shortly after... they went to the bar together and have been gone for hours now."

With a sigh, I got up and had Liftoff call back the driver.  We needed to track the pair of Arizona and Renots down, as who knows what kind of trouble the two of them were causing out on the town. The last time the pair went out together, the police and the fire department were called all because they had the bright idea to attempt to make a boat out of cardboard and float in the river, both of which nearly drowned.

Before double checking the river, we figured we should start checking the bars first.  We found the pair holed up in the very bar Arizona was suppose to be managing for me, drinking the world away. She had just motioned the bartender for another round, when she stopped and pointed in my general direction with a look of fright across her face.

I made my way over to her quickly and said, "What in the hell is going on around here!?"

Report Post Tip

When her and Renots got to the bar she was hoping that Pine wouldn't stumble upon them. She wasn't extremely worried about it though, when he was out of the office her was usually quite busy and busy the entire day. It only took a couple of drinks for her to completely forget what she set out to do today and the worry of being found by a certain someone.

The afternoon progressed her and Renots were pounding drinks and the bar began to fill up, with each new person that entered Arizona pointed towards the door and muttered a couple of words. "Drink for you on me." She did this for everyone that was until that one moment. When she turned around and standing in the doorway was Pine.

For that brief moment when her eyes locked onto his she sobered up for a couple minutes.

"Uhm... well you see."

She paused for a moment, turned around to grab her drink gulping the rest of it down. This loosened her up a bit more. She turned back around to see Pine who wasn't the bit happy.

"Ok, so I came by your office you were there. I was hot needed something cold to drink. So I came here and you know how it is one drink turns into two... Basically it is all Renots fault."

With a serious face she tried to hold the smile back but couldn't hold it and began chuckling. Seemed the alcohol was hitting her pretty good. She patted the seat next to her hoping to entice the boss to sit back and have a drink but she wasn't sure he would be up for it.

Report Post Tip

It had been awhile since Rain had visited Detroit.  Sorry that she had picked the hottest day to stroll the old neighborhood she decided to stop in a local bar for a drink and cool off.

As she entered to bar she took a seat at a table toward the back of the bar.  When the waiter arrived she just ordered a cold glass of Coke just to cool off.

As she glanced around at the people a woman at the bar caught her eye.  It was that distinguish laugh, the long blonde hair and her hand flowing with a cigarette.

Damn that sounds like Arizona.

Arizona and I had hung out together a couple of times.  Her mother Lily and my mother Harper Lane were partners in crime. My mother was killed and Lily took me in.  She taught me a lot about this thing of ours and made me her LHM. After Lily was gunned down, heartbroken I moved to Chicago.  I hadn't seen Arizona in awhile.

As they threw down shot after shot, the more I heard her talk and laugh I knew it was her.

I didn’t want to interrupt her fun so I sat patiently for an opportune time to talk to her. Maybe she would get up and go to the ladies room or something. If so she would have to pass me.

The anticipation was getting to me. That was my old friend. I couldn’t take it anymore. 

I walked over to the bar and tapped her on the shoulder.  As she turned around and realized who I was we hugged and hugged again.

She invited me to join them and started introducing me to the others at the bar.  She introduced me to Pine who was seated next to her.  The gentleman he was stood up and offered me his seat.

Report Post Tip

Tommy was always in the mood for whiskey, and even more, he was always in the mood for free whiskey. He knew that cherries kept high quality booze, not the gutter water that a lot of local places kept. So naturally he went about his normal daily business, seeing to the operation of his brothel, then he made his way to Cherries to unwind. When he arrived he noticed quite a few familiar faces, it seemed as if more then just him caught the invitation of free drinks. He sat himself at the bar, and ordered himself a whiskey on the rocks. As he waited for the drink he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a fat cuban cigar, he cut the end off, then lit it, taking a deep drag off the flavorful stoagie. He exhaled and smiled, fine cuban cigars, good whiskey and good company, tonight would most likely be a good night.

Report Post Tip

After Godfather Pine left his office, LittleAva went back to reading her book, Pride and Prejudice.  She couldn't concentrate though, she

wanted to know what was going on with Arizona and Pine.  She put down her book, and grabbed  her handbag and left in search of them.

Upon arrival at the bar, she doesn't immediately see them, so she decides to sit at the bar and have drink.  Motioning over to the

bartender, she gets his attention and orders a vodka on the rocks.  Then she sits quietly, watching people come and go.

Report Post Tip

Tommy was at the bar when Little Ava came and sat down a few stools down, he didn't recognize her, but this life was all about connections. He figured an introduction wouldn't hurt. Getting up from his seat, he walked over to her and asked.

"Excuse me Miss, Do yous mind if I sit here?"

He was a polite person, and in this world you never knew who you were talking to, and so he'd respect her wishes if she didn't want him by her. 

Report Post Tip

sitting in the corner of the establishment blowing clouds of smoke from his cigarette Benny watches Tommy talking to ava, Benny grins to himself as he begins to plot his next genius scheme to scare the bajesus out of one of his fellow crew members.

slowly getting to his feet he sneaks across the room right behind tommy, who unaware continues speaking to ava.

Benny gently lifts an empty beer bottle off of the counter and presses the top slowly into the middle of Tommy's back.

"Put your hands up tommy! You're under arrest!" 

Tommy startled immiedietly puts his hands in the hair proclaiming his innocence, Benny pulls the bottle away from his back howling with laughter, patting Tommy on the sholder as he takes a seat at the bar next to him. Putting one arm across Tommy's sholder he pulls him in close and says "Got you good didn't I! ".

Benny looks toward the bartender pointing at a bottle of whiskey, Benny raises two fingers and nods. He looks over to ava, and then back to the bartender   before raising a third finger.

as the drinks arrive Benny asks tommy "so what we up to today them chum!?"

Report Post Tip

Tommy, was trying to chat up the dame at the bar, when Benny got the jump on him pretending to be a copper. Shit head. He really had him going for a second. 

"You bastard. You scared the shit outta me."

He shook it off, chuckling to himself, he reached into his interior, coat pocket, removing two cigars. He held one out to Benny as he prepared to light his own. They were expensive, high quality cigars, the good stuff straight from Cuba.

"Hows it been going Benny? Been a minute."

Both Drinks were set down in front of the two, whiskeys. The good stuff.

Report Post Tip

After Pine settled with a couple of nice strong drinks that Arizona knew he needed she turned her attentions to everyone else. She wasn't really astonished by all the familiar faces surrounding her but it did make her smile. She waved the barkeep over to where she was and told him to bring over her best whiskey and a couple of glasses. 

"RainSinclair my dear, care to join me for a drink?"

Motioning behind her she also waved BigFatTommy and Benny-Matador to come towards her, she knew they wouldn't turn down a drink.

Report Post Tip

"Come on Benny. When the boss beckons, we go."

He chuckled, he knew that she had free drinks, and he never passed on a free drink. Arizona had some of the best whiskey around, it made the shit he served at the honey hole look like pisswater in comparison. He got up from his chair, beckoning for Benny to follow him, as he made his way over to the boss.

"Hey Arizona, how yous doin today?"

He asked, a friendly grin on his large face, he did the courteous thing, reaching into his interior pocket to retrieve one of his best cigars to offer her.

"Anything I can do for yous?"

Report Post Tip

Arizona politely declined the cigar, there was just something about them that she wasn't a fan of even though she was known to smoke cigarettes. As she turned back around to the bar she watched as Frank her barkeep pull one of her best bottles of whiskey off the shelf, he grabbed a couple glasses placing them in front of Arizona. With a crack of the top he filled the drinks to the brim. With a smile and a wink Arizona turned her attentions back to the group, she slid each of them a glass.

"Drink up guys, causes there's plenty more where this came from."

She didn't even wait for the guys to fully respond to her before she picked up her glass and downed the entire drink. She Slammed it down on the bar.

"Ahh, whoa.. That's some good stuff. Well what are you guys waiting for, if you aren't going to drink it pass it down here."

She gave BigFatTommy a glance

Report Post Tip

He slid the cigar back into his pocket, it was a courtesy that he hadn't expected her to accept, but he would offer anyway in preparation for the day that she did end up wanting one. He watched as she downed her drink, then he caught a hard glance as she inquired about what he was waiting for. Not needing any more prompting then that, he lifted his glass up and downed the drink. It was good, but then, all the drinks here were good. 

"Yous want me to go grab us another round?"

Report Post Tip

She smiled and gave him a quick laugh.

"Tell me, does a fat kid like cake? Of course I would like another drink."

Patiently she began waiting for that next glass of liquid gold. She knew it wouldn't take too long but for some reason her mind started to wander away. Thought after thought went through he head then suddenly something peaked her interest. She wasn't sure if it was the whiskey starting to kick in but whatever it was gave her the urge to do something. Specifically something that tends to be frowned upon by the local law enforcement. She smiled at her thoughts as she waited for BigFatTommy to get back with those drinks, she knew he would be down for this idea.

Report Post Tip

He chuckled, he didn't know about fat kids, but he did know about himself, and he loved cake. He went to the bar and grabbed drinks for him and Arizona. As he walked over he noticed the mischievous look on her face, and he grinned as he passed her the glass.

"What are you thinking Boss? Few more drinks and some trouble?"

He had nothing going on for the night, so he figured he would go along with whatever she wanted to do.

Report Post Tip

She took the glass from Tommy and put it to her lips taking a tiny sip, enjoying the flavor for once.

"This stuff is the best, so yummy."

She took another sip before placing the glass on the bar.

"Well it has been a while since I have actually gotten out there and done a little bit of mischief."

She leaned in closer to Tommy, to make sure not many people heard what they were talking about.

"Think you might be interested in pulling off an art heist?"

Report Post Tip

Tommy was less subtle then she was, he enjoyed the flavor of the whiskey but didn't take the time to savor it, as he downed the glass. He listened to her pitch her plan, he was loyal and he would follow her anywhere she wanted him to go, so an art heist, well that was a given. Hell that could even be fun, he didn't get his hands dirty as often anymore, he normally just had a group of his boys do the work for him. 

"I am in boss, it will be nice to get out there and get my hands dirty with yous."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Just Another Day
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL