Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 11:30:23
Page:  1 
A business man Started by: Kordin on Mar 16, '10 13:32

It was a cold March day, the sun covered by the clouds. Kordin was at a local pub he has come to favor. It's drinks were high quality and there was that beautiful barmaid that kept giggling and smiling at him whenever he order another drink. Kordin didn't know if she was into him, or it was because every time he tries to leave he's too drunk to get out the door. He was nursing his bottle of Jameson when a man wearing that all too familiar suit entered the bar. The man choose a dark gray for his outfit, to blend into the crowds and the building. Kordin quickly pulled out a pack of cigarettes, and took one out. As the man walked towards the bar, Kordin takes out his silver lighter, put his cigarette in his mouth, and lit the tip of it. Inhaling then exhaling, he found a little more peace, and the man sitting next to him. Turning, Kordin gave the man a look.

"You need something, bub?"

The man reaches into his jacket. Kordin's hand quickly shoots to his pocket, where his .45 was hid. The man quickly raises his left hand, and slowly pulling a envelope out of his jacket. Kordin relaxed, and took another hit of his cigarette.

"Could have told me you had something for me, I was ready to shoot you."

The man smiled, and slid the letter to Kordin. As Kordin reached for it, the man quickly got up and left the bar. "Must be another job..." Kordin thought in his head. He takes out a switch blade and cuts the letter open. Inside was a note, written upon it instructions. 

Frank owns a barber shop, two blocks over from where Johnny's pub is. A few kids think he needs protection, and not from us. Please inform Frank about his mistake, and get back to the pub when your finished. ~A

Kordin chugged the rest of his bottle, and set it back down. The bartender walks over and leans on the bar.

"Need another bottle?"

Kordin shook his head. He put the envelope and the note in his jacket. He finishes his cigarette and tosses it in the trash can.

"I gotta go Johnny, I'll be back later."

Kordin puts on his hat and walks out of the door. He hears a giggle, and sees the barmaid looking at him. "Man, she wants me." Kordin almost said out loud. There's business to attend to now, now is the time to be focused. He starts walking down the street, towards the direction of the barber shop. He had his hair cut there once, the barber must have been drunk when he started to trim the hair, he took off an inch. Wouldn't know why people would go to him.

After walking for 20 minutes, he sees the business across the street. Only one customer inside, barber attending to him, and a few ragged hoodlums outside playing cards. Besides that, only a few other people on the street. Kordin patted his pocket where the .45 was, to reassure himself it was there. He walked up to the shop's door. The hoodlums give him a mean look. "This must be the 'kids' the boss was talking about," Kordin thought. Kordin enters the barber shop, and a bell rings from the door being opened. The barber, a red-faced plump man, waves to an empty chair. The customer was having his hair cut very short, only half of it was done. His old hair used to be at least 4 inches long. He looked comical unfinished. Kordin remained standing.

"I hear you got some new guards for your shop."

The barber looks at him, his face getting redder. He stutters with his reply.

"I-I don't k-know what your talking about."

Kordin flipped out his switch blade and slowly walked forward.

"You rather pay some homeless fools than a well respected organization. You don't know if they'll prove, acquit."

Kordin reached the empty chair, only a few yards from where the customer and the barber was. Kordin kicks the chair down, knocking the top part off it's base. The hoodlums quickly stop their game and rush into the barber shop, yelling and shouting. Kordin turns, and the first man leaps to the mobster. Kordin catches him, then drives his knife into his ribs. The filthily hobo screamed and fell down, clutching his side as blood gushed out. The three others stood there, trying to find an opening. Kordin pulls out his gun, and aims it at the trio.

"You get the fuck outta here, take your friend too. This is our business, you hear me? Come back here and I'll give all four of you an unmarked grave."

The three still standing quickly grab their friend and haul him out of the shop. A small blood puddle gathered where the man fell. Kordin put the gun back into his pocket and turns to the barber.

"Now, it seems that you require protection from nasty hoodlums. I offer my services, for a price. 15 percent of your income each week."

The barber quietly agreed, and paid Kordin for these week's protection. Kordin nodded, and smiled.

"Have a nice day you two. Oh, and clean up this mess will you? I wouldn't want to scare off any customers."

Kordin walks out of the barber shop, a few people starting to noticed what has happened, and started to gather at the business. Kordin put the money in his pocket, and made his way back to the pub. For pick up, and a few more shots.

Report Post Tip

Monty heard the comotion and saw three young men dragging a fourth down the street. Thinking nothing of it he heads to the barber shop like he does every week. Looking up he notices a familiar face and quickly puts two and two together.

"Hey mate, giving ya some trouble are they? Tell ya what, I was goin to get my haircut anyway, and it seems you left a crowd. You go on over to the bar down the road and have a few drinks, you look like you need 'em, and word on the street has it that the young lady working there, I can't remember her name for the life of me, is a bit taken by you, maybe you should say hi while you're there. I'll take care of the crowd here, line a few pockets for you, assure nobody knows anything."

Nodding and patting Kordin on the shoulder Monty walks on by smiling and he turns back for a second.

"By the way, maybe we should check in on those boys, they seem to have the desire, however misguided it may be. Maybe we could guide them in the right direction eh?"

Report Post Tip

Kordin smiled and nodded. Mostly because of thoughts of that lovely barmaid. Almost losing focus to his fellow 'co-worker', he snaps out his deep thoughts.

"Thanks, for clearing out that crowd and the heads up about that gal."

Kordin looked around for anyone that might have listened to their conversation, and continues while pulling out another cigarette.

"Perhaps they could make associates, at least maybe muscle. Maybe if they show themselves again in the streets we could have a little chat with them. Otherwise, they might think to get back at us."

He lights his fix, and pats his coat.

"I got to get this money to the bar, I'll catch up with you later at the HQ when all this is said and done. Take care of yourself."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A business man
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL