Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 04:58:56
Page:  1 
A Mysterious adventure Started by: Mystery on Mar 16, '10 20:14

A long, long time ago, in a place far, far away, a boy named Mystery sprinted out of a back alley. He had just gotten caught stealing from a very powerful man. This man was known at times to go out and start fights just for the hell of it. Mystery stopped for a moment to catch his breath, and then continued running.

This country's beginning to be a little bit sketchy he thought. Just last week he had been a suspect in a robbery. Prior to that, the cops had questioned him multiple times for vandalism and drug trafficking.

He was a very well connected young boy, at the age of nineteen he was more connected than half the elders in Sicily. He'd often thought about going to America and starting over, but it wasn't yet to the point where he felt completely unsafe.

Ducking into his apartment, Mystery flopped down on the couch. Wiping the sweat from his brow, he smiled and reached into his pocket, pulling out a golden necklace that he'd swiped from Mario Nicola. Putting it up to his neck, he frowned slightly. It was a bit too small for him. Shrugging he thought out loud,

"Heh, at least I can sell it for some cash."

With that thought in his mind, Mystery grabbed a suit from his closet and went into the bathroom. Undressing and stepping into the shower, Mystery instantly relaxed and felt the tension slip away from him as the water pounded down.

Washing up and getting dressed, Mystery sighed and looked at his watch. It was getting late. Deciding to still go out to the club, he donned his suit and clasped his watch. Tap tap tap. What was that, Mystery thought.

Peering through his peephole, Mystery's heart stopped beating for a moment. It was the son of Mario, Carlo. Instantly Mystery knew he had no other option. If Mario was sending his son over to his apartment, he could be sure that life was about to become too dangerous to stay here.

Quickly scurrying into his bedroom, Mystery opened his safe and emptied it out, stowing all of his money into his pocket. Going back into the living room he threw open the back window just as he heard someone attempting to kick the door in. Jumping out and climbing down the fire escape, Mystery skipped the last five feet or so and dropped down, twisting his ankle slightly. Great, he thought, just my luck. Limping as fast as he could towards the bar, Mystery cursed himself and lit a cigarette.

Finally arriving at his destination, Mystery tapped on the back door and waited for it to open. It was one of his closest associates who owned the place, he wouldn't care that Mystery had Mario on his case. Sergio opened the door and tilted his head. It wasn't often he saw Mystery stressed out.

"What's up pal?"

"Nothing. Let me in." Skeptical to his response, Sergio raised and eyebrow and sighed. Getting information out of Mystery was like pulling teeth from a rhinoceros. Stepping aside to let him in, Sergio peered out into the dark and looked both ways.

"So, really... What's going on?" Sergio asked with a slight tone of annoyance in his voice. It must have been a busy night at the bar thought Mystery, the noise in the place was a considerable amount higher than normal.

"I got into some trouble with Mario Nicola. I stole some things from him, and last week I got into trouble for a robbery as well. They didn't catch me of course but still. Sicily's not the greatest place for me at the moment. I know you've got connections down at the docks, I need a ride to America on the next possible trip."

Groaning, Sergio walked to his phone and murmured into it. Holding up a finger to Mystery, he walked further away and returned a second later with a folded up red piece of cloth. Tossing it to Mystery, he said

"Bring that with you, tonight. Fourth dock to the right from the red building where we met. Two thirty AM it leaves, that gives you a bit to hang out here, then I can give you a ride. I'm sorry to see you go, but I do owe you a lot, hopefully we can call it even."

Mystery shook Sergio's hand and pulled him into a hug. "I owe you more than you'll know."

Stepping out into the bar, Mystery took a seat in the corner and ordered a few shots of whiskey. Drinking for free was always nice. Feeling legitimately tipsy, he checked his watch. Holy crow, where did the time slip away to he thought. It was time to head to the docks.

Stumbling out back to where Sergio said to meet him, Mystery waited. And waited. And waited. Tapping his foot Mystery knew something must be wrong. Sergio was never late. Ever. Walking back inside and ducking into the back room, Mystery stopped on shock/horror of what sat in front of him.

Sergio sat tied and gagged to his chair, his eyed rolled back in his skull, blood gushing from his forehead. Mystery backed away slowly and booked it to a side street, pausing for a second to vomit.

With no cars in sight to get to the dock, he began to run as fast as he could. Not stopping for anything, Mystery arrived at the dock just on time. He could see people loading crates onto the boat. Reaching into his pocket he felt around for his red cloth. Oh shit! It wasn't there! Fuck my life, he thought to himself. I'm going to have to sneak onto this ship. Ducking behind the building where him and Sergio met.

As the boat pulled out, Mystery ran and jumped into the water, swimming as fast as he could. The boat was floating idly, and he caught up to it quickly. Climbing on board quietly, Mystery snuck downstairs and hid behind a bunch of sacks of potatoes. Passing out, Mystery hoped like hell he wouldn't be noticed.

Waking up in the morning, Mystery looked around and realized it was going to be a long trip. Grabbing a raw potato, he bit in and grimaced. Raw potatoes tasted horrible. He decided to pass the time by running through his mind the past few years. Before he knew it, he felt tired again.

The next few days passed in a blur. People often came in and got sacks of potatoes, every time he moved further in the back. Soon though, he thought, he would be found.

Waking up the next morning, Mystery peered up to see a large man standing over him.

"What the hell are you doing stowing away in here?!" the man roared. "You must have a death wish, boy." Picking Mystery up by his collar, the man hauled him up to the captain and said, "Sir, this man's a stow-away, what should we do with him?"

The captain grunted and pointed off to the side a little bit. "We're not too far away from reaching New York, there's an island about half a click west. We'll drop him off there and let him die."

Mystery's brain kicked into over-drive and instantly began formulating a plot to steal some items from the boat to help him survive. The man bent down and handcuffed him to a rail, but made a fatal mistake while doing so; leaning down. Mystery noticed a knife in his pocket, and took advantage by stealing it.

A few hours later, they arrived at the island. Hands tied with a rope, the merciless sailors made Mystery jump.(TO BE CONTINUED...)

Report Post Tip

cant wait to hear the next part keep it up

Report Post Tip

Awesome can't wait for Part2  iam all  amped up for it cna't wait make it fast please

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Mysterious adventure
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL