Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 04:33:01
Page:  1 
Painting New York Green Started by: ScreamingButterfly on Mar 17, '10 00:02

Your plane touches down in New York and you disembark. You have been to the city numerous times for business but this trip was all pleasure. Where else to enjoy Saint Patrick's day then in a city ruled by an Irish born Godfather? You had answered that ages ago and made your reservations to be here in New York for the celebrations.

You make your way into Manhattan. All the streets along 5th avenue are already blocked off awaiting the parade. You can see the floats lined up and ready to make their way past the growing crowds.

Outside of Mal's Dollabill you see the workers busily carrying in crates of Jameson whiskey. As you pass The Mysterious Bar, you see kegs of Guinness being rolled in. On the way into the city, you had smelled the aroma of shepard's pie and lamb shank cooking at the Tea Garden. The Golden Coin has stacks of potatoes sitting outside in anticipation and a big pot of coddle boiling away. You walk past Ennebock's Hot Dogs and notice they have green buns, but you are unsure if they are special for the celebration or just moldy.

As you find a spot to watch the parade, someone walks up and pins a shamrock button to your shirt. Just then you see ScreamingButterfly step into the street in a brand new emerald green dress. She begins to speak to the crowd

Ladies, Gentlemen and those still undecided, welcome to New York's Saint Patrick's Day celebration. Shortly the parade will commence, followed by wonderful food and drink, the night will be topped off with a magnificent fireworks display. Godfather Deimne wanted to be here to welcome you himself but unfortunately the bottle got to him early this morning. This year's planned events will top last's and we hope everyone enjoys themselves.

Speaking of last year, with the Irish blood running strong through both mine and Deimne's veins, we cannot remember anything past 6am last year. We know Deimne woke up on the 18th with bruises from head to toe, still fully dressed but not in his own clothes, other than that we have no recollection of the evening before. So this year we have decided to solicit your help. As you participate in all of our events throughout the day and run into Deimne please take notes of his actions and report them back to us right here where I stand now. We realize some of you may not be able to speak coherently yourselves soon, so by Friday night if you report his activities on this most special day and are judged to have the most complete and detailed story we will pay you one million dollars, the second best story will receive five hundred thousand and the third place will receive two hundred and fifty thousand.

ScreamingButterfly walks back to her piece of sidewalk sipping her morning coffee you are sure is spiked with Bailey's.

Report Post Tip

Phelix stands, leaning against the corner, puffing on his cigar. His trusty friend and confidant, Mario, he smiles toward Scream.

I for one look forward to seeing what kinds of trouble our Godfather gets into tomorrow...well, today I suppose!

Good luck!

Report Post Tip

sneakyrat approches the crowd, wondering what everybody is gathered here... than he hears SreamingButterfly talking about St-Patrick's day.

Hmmm... this sure is going to be interesting. I can't wait to see what our good Godfather will be up to in the next 24 hours. Good luck people, New Yorker's... get busy now, the other city's are probably working hard as of right now!

Report Post Tip

Walking out of Mal'sDollaBill he strolled over to the festivities and listened to Scream's speech. Chuckling to himself he light a smoke and looked around the gathering. Walking over to his family members he gave Phelix a nudge.

We can't enter this right? I mean... Well you've seen what he gets up to. You know what he's like.

Phelix smirked, shook his head and leant over whispering a reminder in Tyrion's ear about an incident the week before. Tyrion laughed heartily.

Oh man! Yeah, I think you're right. Best we stay silent. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what people catch him doing, he does tend to go 'all out' for Paddy's day.

After whispering something in Phelix ear about business later that day, he waved to Scream, patted Phelix on the shoulder and walked off into the crowded street.

Report Post Tip

Listening to ScreamingButterfly's offer Crafty thinks to himself, "I wonder if I will be coherent tomorrow. 2 Days of celebrating for me,having been born just 2 minutes after midnight. My grandmother (GRHS) would have loved all these celebrations.

Will just have to bully my BG into telling me what our esteemed godfather gets up to.

<emPushes his way to the front for a better viewem>

Report Post Tip

Hears ScreamingButterfly

This is a interesting competition, it's time for me to be stalking

sets out to gather a couple of friends to help him spy on Deimne

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Painting New York Green
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL