Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 08:36:52
Page:  1 
-Lana-s Choices Started by: -Lana- on Mar 17, '10 04:46

-Lana- pulls out an old soapbox and lets it drop in front of the crowd. Slowly standing back up, she puts her hands on the small of her back and stretches, letting out a groan as her spine cracks, strained by the heavy load of her pregnant belly.

Stepping up on the box in a not so lady like fashion, sneakyrat pushes her from behind, sweat pouring down his face for the task was not an easy one, especially with his arm all bandaged up.

She turns and smiles at sneak, pats his head before handing him a piece of cheese..."Good man!"

Her husband, -TonySperio-, leaning his foot on the crate takes his smoking cigar from his lips long enough to whistle and get everyones attention.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is -Lana-. It seems some of you need glasses and an earpiece to know who I am so, please, allow me to introduce myself. She turns, lifts her dress to reveal a flying monkey tattooed on her butt. I'm a New Yorker, yes, I was raised in Montreal and proud of it, but New York is my home.

Tony leaps in front of her and opens his jacket, asking her what the hell she was doing. It's ok hun, I was merely making a point! she whispers smoothing down her tight fitting dress. He glances back and satisfied she was decent, he moves to the side.

Leaders are different in may ways but we lead just the same. Some are more outspoken and others the strong silent type, and, I'm one of the later ones. Does that make me less of a leader? Alot of people come to the streets, many are worth listening to and others not so much. Whether I choose to respond or just take in what is said, to smile at the many talented speakers or scuff at the idiots, that is my priviledge. My crew knows who's boss and that's all that matters to me.

I choose to have it all...love, money and power. I'm married but not a housewife. I don't cook, clean, sew or shine boots...I have a staff of people for that. However, there is one wifely duty I enjoy and do very well...looks at her husband and winks...and I choose to have babies. Am I emotional? Hell yeah! Have you looked at me lately? I've got 15 pounds of flesh and blood sitting on my bladder and I get pissy. When I do, I like to unholster and shine my gun, it soothes me. At times, I outstretch my arm and pull the trigger, and when I do, it's a well deserved shot, especially to those who betray me and take me for a fool, future generations being forever in my guns sight. Money and power, that comes with the job, but my main focus has always been my city and my Godfather.

My point is, every leader does things differently and has set up a life that works for them. We are in the public eye and are open to constant scutiny but our jobs are to resolve problems, which ever way we choose.

I choose to be fair, honest and constant with my crew. I choose to be vocal or silent on the streets.

She grabs her husbands arm tightly as she steps off the soapbox.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion listened to the ever expanding leader's speech and walked over to shake her hand as she was helped down off the box.

My god woman, you're huge! You shouldn't be out here. You should be at home having people run around after you. Anyway, seeing as you have gone to this trouble, I must say its appreciated. I know its not easy to be in the condition you are and run a family with all of it's concerns. I know there are leaders with ongoing issues that prevent them appearing as often as they would like in public. Yourself with what is obviously a burden, Adam T Simpson with the cops all over him and that injunction pending, there are several. The thing that matters to me is, leaders in positions like yours and Adam's at least make the effort to appear and explain why you are unable to frequent our streets as often as you may wish. Its all about accountability really.

Taking her arm he helps her into a chair that Tony had just borrowed from a nearby cafe. Tony gave Lana a kiss on the head then looked up at Tyrion and shrugged. Tyrion chuckled then glanced at his watch, remembering the appointment he had with Phelix.

I have to get going but it was nice to see you both out and about. You know you really should listen to Tony. Try to take it easy, it won't be long before there are three of you here to say hello.

Report Post Tip

-Lana- sighs deeply as Tyrion obviously misunderstood completely what she was saying.

Tyrion, my lack of presence on the streets is not because of my "burden". My lack of presence is of my CHOICE, since you have missed the whole point of my speech. I CHOOSE not to speak, as I sometimes CHOOSE to do so. I have not come here to give excuses, just to say my way of thinking.

Oh, and by the way...Tony and I are not marionnettes you can manipulate to your liking. Tony never "borrows", he takes! As for kisses on the head, he would never dare!

Report Post Tip

As Lana finishes her speech  D_D walks up to her to shake hands with her.

It is leaders like you that make me proud to be a woman.I totally agree with you on your decisions .It absolutely is the choice of a leader to be as outspoken or as silent as he/she wishes.And sometimes somethings a better left unsaid and uncommented on.

I really look up to you .

D_D smiles at Lana and walks away

Report Post Tip

Raising an eyebrow, he replies.

Clearly I must have misunderstood. My mistake. Goodbye Lana.

He wanders off into the bustling street.

Report Post Tip

"Well said -Lana-. Yes, we all know and respect you as our leader and boss. Fair,Honest and Constant you said. I would slightly disagree there. You bend over backwards to help and advise. Just because you choose to keep your words of wisdom for us and not for the vast majority of those on the streets does not make you less of a leader. As you say it is your choice whether to speak or not.

Report Post Tip

Freddie shuffles towards the soapbox in an energetic manner - pumping his bare arms as if to a 'craaaazy beat'

Don -Lana-, forgive my assumption but the motive behind this speech is pretty clear, even if it does remain unspoken. Similar to Godfather Cryptic's recent speech, which took inspiration from Tritim without explicitly mentioning her; I would assume this speech folows the same vein, taking inspiration from the criticism that has been levelled from some sections of the community.

If that is the case, and this speech is a result of this criticism, it looks to me that you are essentially justifying yourself to those who are inferior to yourself, in the chain of command at least.

Would you have eventually 'chosen' to make this speech regardless of whether criticism had previously levelled? Possibly, but it's impossible to tell. As it is, and apologies if I have massively misread the situation, it looks as though the conscious choice on this occasion was to answer to the claims levelled by people less important to yourself.

The actions of a strong and silent leader? I have no idea, I'm just an earner after all.

Report Post Tip

sneakyrat slowly approaches -Lana- and -Tony-... his right leg has been killing him all morning. Leaning on his cane he managed to climb on the soapbox. Nods to his boss and to tony, he speaks out his mind...

Pregnant?... of course Lana's pregnant. But do we notice? Hell no... that is the last thing i notice about her. She is tough, hard working, constant... and everything above all that... she is a damn good leader. Because... she listens... yeah she does'nt talk here much. So what? Hell i have a hard time just to walk around these streets but yet i talk here regularly. Why you might ask? Because i choose to do it. It is my choice... my Boss choose's not to speak. I applaud this... because she does her job better than i could ever manage to do it. She is a smart woman, i have told her this many times. And i could'nt be more found of any other leader. Not that other leaders are'nt as good, she certainly sets the bar high i can tell you this.

I am a proud member of -Lana-'s family and always will be!

sneakyrat smiles at -Lana- and -Tony- and steps down...

Report Post Tip

Lana Ma'am, You of all people do not need my praise or adoration.  Yet, I give it to you willingly and completely.  You have my undying devotion and I would do anything you ask, whenever you ask.  By anything, I mean the most mundane task, or the ultimate sacrifice.  You are a wonderful leader and an amazing person.  Thank you for everything.

Report Post Tip

Cillian takes a drag on his cigarette, then flicks it down to stomp it out. He ponders the words that his Don has spoken.

As many others here, I have a long bloodline. My auntie, GRHS, was a leader herself. She chose, more often than not, to speak in the streets. But, like many, she chose to speak in stories rather than speeches. Sure and she would comment on a speech now and then but excelled as one who chose to paint pictures with her words. My father as well was a story teller.

I respect the choices of those who do and do not come out to the streets. I think it's admirable that you came here to help us understand your silent but deadly approach.

Report Post Tip

Some are more outspoken and others the strong silent type, and, I'm one
of the later ones. Does that make me less of a leader?

In my opinion, yes.

I believe leaders should lead, and I believe the streets are vital to this thing of ours. Without them we become a world of criming monkeys doing over post offices, jail breaking and killing our way to the top... mindless thugs, not mafiosi.

These are simply two of my core principles that I will not change for anyone or anything.

So, it was really very simple, when I was but a young lad, not even on these shores for a day I took a look around at the leaders that were still standing (or recently authed) following the war, and after walking through these streets and checking through some notes from my dear old father I made a decision not to join someone who didn't share those principles.

One of the greatest things about this place is the potential for different approaches, we have become more homogenised of late, but there is still scope for individuality.

Report Post Tip

Bear sipping his piping hot coffee stumbles upon Lana's announcement and pauses to hear his boss not only displaying but telling of her pride and dedication to the city of New York; yet hearing mumbling of some assholes trying to talk over her saying she's not a worthy leader.

Well to all the naysayers, Lana has displayed leadership above and beyond all my expectations so before you place judgement on my gracious leader; step into her shoes for a moment. And for that matter, why don't you talk to a boss in every city and see how they perceive this speech. So until you reach the role of Don I suggest you should hold your tongue and walk on home. 

Winking at Lana and holding up his cup of coffee in the vast crowd that has gathered to acknowledge her brave and great speech. Then flips his jacket back exposing two .45 's and gives a stare at all the mockers.

Report Post Tip

One does not need to hold any position within this thing of ours to form their own opinion. Just because you don't like the opinion doesn't mean it isn't valid. The streets are here for everyone to come up and voice their opinions. A well though out, well said speech should never be held back because someone isn't a 'Don'

Report Post Tip

I completely agree Falcon, I was just saying that not being active as the rest in the streets does not make you a lesser leader. Tis all. Honestly I couldn't agree more! Maybe came out a bit wrong.

Report Post Tip

no offence mister bear but what it sounded like was you telling all of us who have no leadership experiance to go fuck off. i know that was not what you intended but that was what came out.

now what i understand from your clarification was that you think that those of us who belive that you must be active in the streets and buisness district to be a good leader are wrong. and i think that what it boils down to is that yes, on some level a eader does need to keep his or her eye on the streets if only to maintain discapline among their own. but do they need to come out and tell of their exploits or make speeches about what ever it is that people are arguing about? no, not at  all. that was the impression i got from your rephrased opinion.

now, i will agree that no one who has no leadership experiance should not critasize what a leader does in public. a leader may have his or her own reasons for the way they do things and that is their disicion. also, to critasize a CL or family head in public is disrespecctful and, as recent events have shown, a good way to get shot.

Report Post Tip

Well said Mortuis. maybe came out a bit rash but going after my leader tends to do that.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: -Lana-s Choices
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL