Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 12:44:37
Page:  1 
Boxing Pre-Opening Night Signups Started by: Liftoff on Aug 12, '16 00:16

Upon checking for daily mail you find an invitation to come to Boxing Opening Night at Detroit. Inside the folded invitation is a paid for flight ticket to Detroit.

Liftoff helped move a table and three chairs for the staff handling the signup forms. In a separate room is where interviews for a few open positions will be held. Choreographer, Announcer and Book Keeper. For more details on the positions a sign is placed to contact Liftoff.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the Signups. The first place will get a cash prize determined on how many participates join each night. Signups will cost $50,000 and Friday Night will be when you take the ring against your opponent. Signup today to fight! The first fight will start August 13th this week only!"

Liftoff bows before he heads into the interview room awaiting for anyone that wanted to put in their application to help.

Report Post Tip

Unsure as to whether she wants to help staff the event or simply beat the shit out of someone, Lea steps in and starts signing up for any and everything. Spotting Liftoff across the room helping with set up, she waves and smiles.

"Whatever you need me for, Lift! I'm in!"

Report Post Tip

Liftoff tapes a sign on the front of the door.

Boxing Night Rescheduled

To allow for more participants to join the fray we are moving the fight to August 20th

Report Post Tip

Add me to the Fray :D I'll join!

Report Post Tip

Burnett was in the mood for kicking the shit out of someone he heard there was a fighting tournament going on and that was probably the perfect way to let off some steam he goes inside and signs all of the forms.

"These two fists ain't never let me down. To everybody that thinks that they can beat me just know that I'm faster than you, bigger than you, and stronger than you."

Report Post Tip

21 was to advance for street thugs activities like this.He saw crystalize join so he knew he had to "step up bitch".

Right me in. I want Crytsal in the first round . I'm going to have to get her out the way .

Report Post Tip

In a time where oriental martial arts are rarely acknowledged in the western culture, a new player shows up in town..

"Is this the place where the so-called boxing will transpire? If so, sign me up. Let's see what you westerners have against my style.. Footboxing is my principal style but I bet I can punch better than your 'boxers'. By the way, my name is Coltizzo Canucci, also known as Colt."

Report Post Tip

Apathy hears a fly on the wall talk about some kick peoples teeth in shit. Not one to shy away from fun, he heads to the direction of the the rumors and stumbles upon a flier.

Now this is interesting!

Apathy takes a last hit off his cig and punches a bum walking by for pratice. Watching the old man run screaming what a piece of shit he was made Apathy smile and grin. Walking in he signs his name down and tosses 100k onto the signup spot.

A little extra for the winner, who doesn't enjoy a good fight? Besides , I'll get it right back anyways!

Report Post Tip

Liftoff yells out with excitement into the crowd.

"Tonight at 21:00 the fights will be begin. Our sponsors have gracious added to the pot. Today's winner will walk away with one million dollars! I'll post the fights on the board."

(Semi Finals Fight) - Lea vs. Apathy

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Winner to Semi Finals) Crystalize vs. 21Savage

(Winner to Semi Finals) Burnette vs. Coltizzo_Canucci

Report Post Tip
"Ladies and gents, we've got a hell of a card scheduled tonight, courtesy of Liftoff, Detroit's Right Hand Man under Godfather Pine. The pot is up to a million bucks, thanks to some very generous donors.
"First up tonight, we've got Corktown's very own Godmother Crystalize pitted against 21Savage, leader of Los Angeles' West Side Rolling 20's Bloods. But whose blood will be spilled tonight? Experience versus a hungry up-and-comer...get those bets placed now, grab a beer, and find a seat, folks. The opening bell will be sounding shortly!"
Report Post Tip

As the bell rings, Crystalize and 21Savage meet in the middle of the ring. Crystalize tries to eliminate the threat immediately and sends a fist into 21Savage's nose. His head snaps back as blood sprays outward in a fine mist. Shaking it off, 21Savage returns the favor with a right hook. Crystalize stumbles a bit but stays on her feet, a grin spreading across her face as fast as her eye has started to swell. She counters with a brick to his solar plexus, throwing every ounce of her delicate frame into the motion. 21Savage takes a knee for a split second in order to catch his breath, but when Crystalize launches forward again to take advantage of his moment of weakness, he catches her with an uppercut as he springs back to his feet. Crystalize lands on her ass, more surprised than hurt, but recovers nicely with a leg sweep that takes 21Savage to the ground as well. Both attempt to get to their feet simultaneously, and that's when Crystalize catches 21Savage off guard by throwing herself into a choke hold before either make it upright. 21Savage tries and fails to break the hold, and within 20 seconds he is out cold.

"Winner, Godmother Crystalize. Congratulations, Ma'am, you'll be advancing to the finals. 

"Next fight in a few, folks. Please finalize those bets and grab some popcorn, the next bout, Burnette versus Coltizzo_Calucci, begins in a few moments!"

Report Post Tip
"The time has arrived, folks. Fight number two will be underway shortly. This card includes Boss Burnett hailing from Venice Beach, and Coltizzo_Canucci out of Chicago's Steel Works.

"Middle Eastern discipline versus West Coast down and dirty fighting. Who'll come out on top this time, ladies And gentlemen? Last chance to place those bets on what promises to be an interesting fight!"
Report Post Tip

The bell rings, and Burnett nods and flies across the ring and into the opposing corner, where Coltizzo_Canucci is still in the act of cracking his knuckles. Surprise barely has time to register on his face before Burnett grabs him by the shoulders while simultaneously kneeing him in the gut, hard. Before he can react in any way, Burnett swings upward, solidly clocking Coltizzo_Canucci in the chin. Lights out.

"Uh. Winner,  Burnett. He'll be adancing to the next round," the announcer says, totally dumbfounded by what he'd just seen. Coltizzo_Canucci is unceremoniously dragged from the ring as the announcer continues.

​​​​​"Up next, Lea versus Apathy!"

Report Post Tip

"Coming out of Detroit's JoeyO crew, we've got Apathy fighting against GentlemanJackDiamond's Lea!" the announcer wails.

After the bell rings, Apathy and Lea meet in the middle, fists raised. They seem unsure what to do...Lea is looking for an opening and Apathy can't figure out where you should hit a woman. They continue circling each other for several seconds, and the crowd starts booing. Apathy throws a half-assed punch into Lea's mouth in an attempt to gauge her reaction. Would she cry?

But Lea absorbs it, seemingly unfazed. It was the opening she'd been waiting for as she takes a half step backwards and proceeds to execute a near-perfect roundhouse kick into Apathy's throat. The crowd goes completely silent in its shock. The only thing to be heard in the cavernous room is Apathy's gurgling. Still stunned, no one thinks to stop the fight as Lea jumps on Apathy's back while he's face down on the floor, grabs two handfuls of his hair, and starts smashing his face into the ground, over and over. Finally coming to his senses, the official pulls Lea off and signals the nearby medic. They both look a little worried but the crowd starts going wild at what they've just witnessed.

"Winner...Lea!" the announcer calls out. Not sure that he wants to keep this up, he grabs a linen handkerchief from an inside pocket and wipes his brow. Clearing his throat, he announces the next fight.

"Still two big fights to go, folks! Up next we'll be seeing Crystallize against Burnett in the semi-finals!"

Report Post Tip

Cheers were at an all time high when Crystalize entered the ring. The last semi finals fight was about to take off. The crowd was really getting into the enjoyment of two people going head to head, trying to be the night's victor. Burnett took his place at the opposite end of the ring and the complex slowly became silent waiting for the announcer to ring the bell.

"Crystalize versus Burnett folks, now we have it. When you hear the bell you may begin!"

A brief pause was felt right before the bell rang. Both fighters charged straight at each other trading blows one after the other. Neither fighter decided defending was going to be a part of this fight. Crystalize laid into Burnett's ribs while Burnett kept their shots higher, near the lungs. Burnette picked Crystalize off the ground and slammed her on the mat, managing to get on top of her for a barrage of blows to the abs. Crystalize quickly used her right leg to throw Burnett off of her onto the corner pole. They both got up very fast from the adrenaline running through them. They start running at each other, Crystalize and Burnett both have their arm pulled back ready to deliver a momentum punch. They meet just a few inches away from each other before connecting. Crystalize hit the ear while Burnett connected with the jaw. Crystalize falls to the ground immediately and Burnett hops back a few times just before collapsing.

"We have our winner! Burnett from Venice Beach, Los Angelos you advance to the Finals! Let's hear it for the winner!"

Report Post Tip

Drums sync up to put out the mood in the battle arena.

"All the way from South Side, Chicago we have our vicious fighter Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea!"

Waves of people from the crowd reach over the railing with their hands trying to just touch her as just runs past them and slides into the mat.

"On the other side of the world from Venice Beach, Los Angelos we have Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurnett!"

The entire room screamed and whistled as he ran up to the ring.

"Both fighters, you will bump fists then take one step back and the fight will begin. There will be no bell this time."

Lea and Burnett meet in the middle as they touch knuckles and take their respective step away from one another. Burnett was breathing pretty heavily from his last fight with Crystalize, it must of taken more out of him than he realised. Lea's stance was in excellent form dancing left and right with some fancy footwork, she was timing his breathing pattern. Right when Burnett exhaled, she pounced towards him delivering a left arm to his ear, the same spot Crystalize had struck him. Burnett's fighting spirit was just about completely gone at this point, he had his hand over his ear looking at the ground. Lea took the opportunity to her leg around his neck, using it to spring on top of his back. In her first fight it looked like she was holding back, but not this time. She kept her punches firm and well coordinated while Burnett failed to block them. Burnett instinctively drops to the ground making Lea front roll off of him. He lifts himself with both arms in the push up position. Lea rapidly runs over to him and jumps up into the air with her left leg and does a front flip. She extends her right leg for when it lands. Burnett feels the pain when Lea's leg hits his back. He drops right back face down onto the mat. Burnett's can't move anymore. The referee counts out 10 seconds and then raises Lea's hand into the air.

"Our Grand Prize Winner, give it up for Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea! Do you have anything to say to the crowd?"  

Report Post Tip

"Ye..yes," she sputters out. She's out of breath and wincing, which isn't out of the ordinary as far as the crowd is concerned,  but what no one realizes is that one of her recently reattached pinkies has torn loose. ​​​​​​The plastic surgeon responsible would be found floating in Lake Michigan tomorrow. She grits her teeth and tries to smile. 

"Thank you for the opportunity here tonight. It was great fun and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. And a big thank you to Liftoff for putting the show together for us!" She leads the applause for Liftoff but immediately stops when a jolt of fire shoots up her arm. Instead, she bows and gently accepts the winnings. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Boxing Pre-Opening Night Signups
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL