Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 23:35:04
Page:  1 
A chance Encounter Started by: BigFatTommy on Aug 16, '16 17:10

Tommy had a favorite restaurant, a small, family owned Italian restaurant in Corktown. He probably went there at least once a week, the food was good, home cooked and the people who worked their were good people. He was heading there right now, even from a block away he could smell the spices in their spaghetti sauce, and his stomach growled in anticipation. He opened the door, nodding over at little Jimmy, the host, as he made his way to his table. He hadn't expected to see someone sitting there, after a good look it was Arizona. 

"Oh sorry boss. I hadn't realized yous was gonna be here. Great place, Eh. Yous mind if I sit?"

Arizona was the boss of his crime family, she had done a lot for him, and he had the utmost respect for her. His table was her table if she wanted it, so he patiently waited for to tell him what she wanted to do.

Report Post Tip

Arizona smiled as she watched BigFatTommy walk through the door. He was the one that actually suggested this place a while back and never had the time or the memory to get over here. She hadn't ordered yet and in fact she had just sat down, she was always happy to have company when she ate. Wasn't one who usually ate alone, just wasn't her style. She stood up to greet Tommy, walking over to him giving him a quick embrace.

"Please have a seat, you are just in time. I actually just got here, I was in the area, was hungry and remembered you talking about this place. Let me tell you, the smells are amazing and if the smell are an indication you were spot on in your recommendation."

She took her seat again, a couple of her bodyguards sat at the table behind her. They were never far away, she could here them conversing. She overheard their conversation. Always watching out always on their highest alerts. Arizona just smiled, shook her head and turned towards Tommy.

"So you are the expert here, tell me. What's good?"

Report Post Tip

He hugged her back, happy to have the company, he didn't mind eating by himself, but it wasn't his preference. He got himself comfortable, appreciating the smell that permeated the small restaruant.

"Depends on what yous like. Personally the spaghetti is the best around, but their cheese and spinach Manicotti is real good to. if yous lookin for something a bit lighter they got a real good Ziti and a real good Tortellini with Prosciutto and peas." 

He stopped himself before he rambled off the whole menu, he had yet to find a single thing that he didn't like here. At some point while he listed off his personal favorites Jimmy or Vincenzo had snuck up and dropped off bread and seasoned oil. He really did love this place.

Report Post Tip

Everything sounded fantastic, he stomach began to grumble a bit more after every time Tommy listed another item.

"Hmm, you know that Tortellini with Proscuitto and Peas sounds fantastic. I think that right there is the winner."

She didn't even have to look at the menu, hell Tommy was the menu. He knew this place like the back of his hand. Pushing the menu off to the side she noticed a basket of bread sitting in the middle of the table.

"When did this get here?"

She shrugged it off, placed her napkin on her lap and ripped off a piece of bread dipping it in the oil before munching on it. It was almost instant gratification, she smiled then took another bite.

"Yeah I guess I was hungrier then I thought."

Pausing for a moment she began to think the last time she actually grabbed a bite to eat and in all her thoughts she just couldn't remember. Coming back to reality she noticed Tommy looking at her.

"My bad, just trying to remember the last time I ate. I can't remember but that is a mute point, we are here now."

Glancing around the place she noticed the waiter standing in the corner, she waved for him to come over. This bread was making her quite thirsty and what better to pair with a nice meal but with a nice bottle of wine, now only if that waiter would make his way back to the table. 

Report Post Tip

Tommy helped himself to the bread and oil, it was delicious, but then, he already knew it would be. This restaurant was as close to the homeland as he would ever come, and he loved it. His dad had never been much of a cook, so he never really got to experience true Italian cooking until he had stumbled upon this place.

"Thats a good choice, personally Im gonna get me a big ol' plate of spaghetti with some meatballs. The seasonings they use are unlike anything yous could imagine."

A gigantic grin spread across his large face, he was excited to share this place with someone.

"I'm really glad yous came here tonight. Trust me yous aint gonna regret it. vincenzo probably dropped that off, the man is real light on his feet."

This wouldn't be the first time that Vincenzo had snuck past him and dropped off his food, speak of the devil. Vincenzo walked out with two glasses of Tommy's favorite whiskey. Ironically it was whiskey that he had gotten from Arizona's bar, and dropped off over here for when he stopped in. 

"Hey Tommy! Hows it goin! Yous gettin the usual?"

"Yous know me too well! Vinnie. This is my Boss, Arizona, get her set up real good."

Vincenzo looked over at Arizona and smiled warmly, giving her a half bow as he set down a glass in front of each of them.

"Good Evenin Miss, What can we get yous today?"

The waiter smiled warmly, preparing to write down whatever she said she wanted. He knew that any friend of Tommy's got big portions, with extra sauce, the Italian way. 

Report Post Tip

She glanced at the glass of whiskey, wasn't something she wanted right now but she definitely wasn't going to turn it away. Especially finding out that it was her whiskey, which in her opinion was the only real whiskey out there. She picked it up and took a sip, she could feel the liquid travel through her body giving her an instant feel of relief.

Listening to Tommy introduced the waiter to her, Arizona smiled and put down her glass.

"If the smells are as good as the food I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of me Vicenzo."

He gave her a smile.

"Then I will be getting to know you quite well miss."

She smiled back at him as he stood there with his pad in his hand. He was expecting her to order but for the life of her she could remember what she was getting.

"Tommy help me out here, what was that dish I told you I was getting?"

Report Post Tip

Tommy was happy to order for her, he knew what she wanted and he knew from experience how to order it just right. 

"Hey Vinnie. Boss will have the Tortellini with Prosciutto and peas, eh, piccola quantità di prosciutto. "

Vinnie nodded, writing it all down, he eyed the bread and oil, noticing that you two would need a refill soon and then he headed back to the kitchen to put the order in.

"The whiskey is the good stuff, straight from cherries. I like it enough to where I buy a bottle at a time and drop it off at my favorite places."

He absentmindedly began to eat more of the bread and oil, he knew for a fact that they baked the bread here, and you could tell by taste. 

"If yous come here often they will take good care of yous. Good people, the whole lot of em." 

Report Post Tip

"That was it! I can't believe I had already forgot the name of that. I swear my memory sometimes is the worst."

Oh and if you would be a dear when dinner comes out can you bring a bottle of your best white wine. Make sure it is chilled of course. She turned to Tommy waiting for him to order but he didn't have to. Vincenzo just gave him a look.

"The usual?"

Tommy nodded, almost like he had been here before. Arizona chuckled some before picking up her glass, taking yet another sip of her whiskey.

"Oh, Vincenzo while you are at it we will take another round of these as well."

Turning back to Tommy who was sitting there patiently just chewing on a piece of bread, Arizona lifted her glass again finishing it with one big gulp.

"So big guy, how have things been?"

Report Post Tip

Tommy shrugged, things had been alright. Quiet, almost too quiet to be honest. Business was chugging along as usual, money was coming in.

"Things been real good boss. No trouble anywhere, its been quiet."

He looked down at the table for a second before looking up.

"Its been boring to be honest."

He liked a little action, all of his boys knew that if there was a job to be had, he would be going on it with them.

"Probably been a bit more exciting for yous, never a dull day for the boss, right?"

Report Post Tip

Arizona went silent for a moment or two. She herself was a bit bored, business was business of course and that was going very well but there was something missing. The bit of excitement that used to be in her life had been recently consumed with paper work and meeting. All rightfully in itself needed done but that still didn't make it fun.

She glanced around the place making sure no one was listening in on their conversation. Feeling that thing were good see leaned in towards Tommy.

"I know what you mean, I mean yes I always have things to do but not much of it at all is fun. Then when something needs done, someone else is always doing it for me. I remember the days when I would go out get in trouble and my mother would have to come bail me out. Now most of the time I was good enough and got away but you know sometimes things just don't go as planned."

She picked up her empty glass, the ice was starting to melt some. She took a taste but it wasn't the same. She needed that whiskey. She glanced over her shoulder hoping to see Vincenzo headed their way with a couple drinks in hand and to her luck he was.

She stop speaking for a moment, this way he didn't overhear the conversation the two were having. Placing the drinks down he reassured them that the meals would be out shortly and with that he scampered back to the kitchen.

"Ok, now where were we?"

Report Post Tip

Tommy chuckled, he could picture a young Arizona, off getting into all sorts of trouble. He sure did anyway, his poor old man never deserved a kid like him. He grabbed the glass of whiskey and took a big drink, delicious, he could smell Arizona's food. It had a white Alfredo sauce, and a particular smell that stood out. His stomach was growling at this point, he had never been a breakfast kind of guy, and unfortunately some business caused him to skip lunch today.

"I don't let my guys do everything without me, they know, if theres a job, ill be out there gettin my hands dirty. I think it helps with loyalty to be honest, they knows i wouldn't ask them to do nothin that I wouldn't do myself. "

He could hear Marco in the kitchen yelling at Vinnie, food was going to be up soon. Marco was a grouchy old bastard, but one hell of a good cook. 

Report Post Tip

Glancing over her shoulder she could hear the commotion in the kitchen though she wasn't able to see anything. She looked back at Tommy who was basically licking his chops, as if he knew the food was to appear very shortly.

"I used to like getting my hands dirty but anymore its easier said then done."

She motioned to the table behind her where a couple of her guards sat.

"See I can barley go anywhere alone, you really think I would have the chance to get my hands dirty."

She watched Tommy's eyes look past her, which could only mean one thing. The food was here. Vincenzo placed the plate in front of her, it was overflowing with Tortellini. It looked amazing, the cream sauce Prosciutto and peas. It was almost like she was day dreaming and boy was it a good one. She then watched as Vincenzo placing Tommy's plate in front of him, his eye's lite up. 

"Your wine will be right out miss, would you guys like from fresh Parmesan with that?"

"Awesome, thank you and yes some cheese for me please."

Looking over at Tommy's dish she was quite impressed, it also looked amazing.

"I might just have to steal a bite of that."

Report Post Tip

Tommy smiled, she was a lot different then him, if his boys tried to stop him from goin where he wanted to go, he'd get new boys, and they knew that. 

"Your the boss, tell your people what your going to do, don't let them choose where you go. Ill go with ya, and if anybody tries to stop us then ill take care of em."

He was pro-Arizona, if she wanted to do something, he was gonna help her do it. The food sat down and his stomach growled again, he nodded to Vinnie for the parm, and smiled to Arizona.

"Boss, your one of the only people in this city, that I'd share my food with. Take what you want."

His smile was warm and genuine, he began to eat, and it was just as good as he knew it would be. 

Report Post Tip

She picked up her fork reached across the table and stuck it on the edge of Tommy's dish. With a couple of twirls of the fork she had a pulled it off the plate, it was intertwined with spaghetti and sauce. Pulling it back towards her she jammed it in her mouth.

"Oh wow, that is really tasty. Now to give mine a taste."

She poke a Tortellini with her fork, swirled it around the sauce picked it up and chomped away. 

"Mmmm"

She nodded at Tommy a couple of times then took another bite before picking her napkin off her lap and dabbing her lips.

"Don't get me wrong, I have no problem telling these guys what to do. It's more of the fact they make sure I'm not in harms way, ya know what I mean?" She reached for her drink, put it to her lips and took a sip before continuing. "It would be nice to get my hands dirty though, get a bit of adrenaline rushing through the veins. Any thoughts?"

She reached down to pick her fork up again, popping another Tortellini in her mouth waiting for Tommy to come up for some air.  

Report Post Tip

Tommy grinned broadly in between bites, as he showed off one of his bad habits, speaking with food in his mouth.

"I told you it was good here."

He kept eating while listening to Arizona talk about her guys, she had a valid point, it would only cause problems if she undermined her security. 

"I'd be happy to watch your back, give your boys a break. We can go take somethin real nice from somewheres."

He had just taken care of his competition with Sully, so that was a no go, but they could always pull off a small heist. That could be fun, or they could do something a bit more interesting. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A chance Encounter
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL