Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 16:34:13
Page:  1 
12 Hours in New York City Started by: Burnett on Aug 17, '16 05:06

Burnett got off the plane in New York and looked at his watch 10:00 PM he had 12 hours to get rid of all the targets and catch his flight back to LA. He didn't have the names yet a briefcase with all the names would be waiting for him in the airport bathroom underneath one of the toilets he went to look for it and found it. He opened it up and it contained a small piece of paper with 4 names scribbled on it and a Colt 1911 he took the gun and the paper closed up the briefcase and went outside to hail a cab. He tossed the empty briefcase when no one was looking then saw a cab waiting for him.

He got in the cab and told the driver to take him to Brooklyn it was a pretty long ride as the Airport was actually in Newark, New Jersey. The driver was rambling on about how the Yankees were the team to beat Burnett loved baseball but he hated the Yankees he grew up in Boston a fan of the Red Sox he hated the Yankees even more since they took Babe Ruth a decent player on the Red Sox and turned him into a superstar. After the long drive they finally arrived in Brooklyn and Burnett paid the driver $12 it was a usual building it wasn't rundown but it wasn't expensive either all of the people who lived here were plumbers, Milkmen, or working some other blue collar job.

The man he was looking for was named Tom Tacket he used to work for Chris_Vaughn until he started talking to the FBN. Fearing for his life he fled LA and came to hide in New York. Burnett had no clue what he looked like or what apartment he lived in all he knew was that this was the address. He saw a man in his early 40's entering the building probably coming home after a long day of work and asked him where Tom Tacket lived.

"Apartment 5C on the fifth floor Sir."

He didn't question why Burnett was asking him where Tom Tacket lived he probably thought Burnett was a friend of Tom's. Burnett didn't think about it and made his way up to the fifth floor. Apartment 5C Burnett knocked on the door and Tom Tacket answered

"Yes?"Tacket said behind the door

"Delivery for Mr.Tacket" Burnett said

Tom opened the Door and Burnett tackles him to the ground Tom tries to fight off Burnett but Burnett overpowers him. Burnett quickly grabs one of the pillows on his sofa and puts it over Tom's head then pulls the trigger on the gun. In a crowded building like this Burnett didn't want to make a lot of noise and attract attention he wanted to get in and get out as fast as possible. He picks up the body and places it in a closet he makes sure to clean up and looks around the apartment. It was a small place but was better than what other snitches Burnett had taken out during his time doing these jobs. Burnett crossed off Tom Tackets name on the list and left the apartment.

Outside he hailed another cab this driver didn't really talk a lot so it was a quiet ride it wasn't that far though. He paid the driver $5 and got out in front of a bar This would be a tricky one Burnett thought he looked at his watch 12:00 AM the night was still early and he entered the bar. The name of the guy he was looking for was James Brenton. The bar looked like any other bar in America it used to be a speakeasy a year ago but Prohibition was now over. Burnett made good money during prohibition running booze across the border from Canada and also for a time in the Caribbean. Now guys like him had to move onto other things like drugs or like today murder. He spoke to the bartender and asked if he knew a James Brenton he told him he was an old friend.

"James Brenton? Yeah tall fella has blonde hair I know him he hangs out here all the time."

"Is he here now?"

"No you just missed him he likes to take a walk in Central park during this hour, if you leave now you just might catch up with him."

"Thank you I'll try to see if I can find him and catch up on old times."

Burnett looked around and there were no cabs on the street he saw a Subway stop it was the 86th Street station and headed down the stairs. It was pretty empty he waited on the platform and looked at his watch 12:10 AM still early. The train came five minutes later and he got on he rode the train for a couple stops it was a pretty long ride passengers got on and off young people heading off to bars or people headed to work late shifts in the city. He got off at Columbus Circle and headed up the stairs he looked at his watch again 12:45 AM whoever this James Brenton guy was he better not be far Burnett saw the park and walked towards it.

Report Post Tip

"Watches I got watches" said a homeless guy selling watches probably stolen just outside the park. Central park was pretty shady at this hour everyone that's in the park would either be hobo's, prostitutes, and gangsters. The park was a pretty different place at night then during the day where there would be families and people playing ball games. As Burnett continued his walk a prostitute tried to offer her services to him "I'll give you the time of your life baby for $20" Burnett declined he's seen better looking women with mustaches that prostitute looked like a train wreck she had ashy skin, marks all over her body and was probably a drug addict Burnett kept walking.

Looking at his watch Burnett thought this would be a long night looking for a man in a park as big as this one. In the corner of his eye he spots a tall blonde man walking probably in a hurry. James Brenton probably Burnett follows him quietly keeping his distance so he won't be spotted he sees James stop at the Bethesda Fountain and meet with five guys. This didn't look like a regular group of friends out in the park for fun no especially not at this hour this was a drug deal. Brenton was probably a huge player and had a suitcase with him probably carrying either the money or the drugs. The other guys had another suitcase before they exchange one of them spots Burnett and all hell breaks loose.

Burnett acting on instinct takes out his Colt 1911 shoots and kills James Brenton and manages to take out two of the other guys but the other three manage to escape and runaway deep into the park. Burnett looked at his watch 1:30 AM he could go after them but in the dark and in a park this big he'd be looking for days. He walks over to Brenton's dead body and sees two brief cases he picks up one of them and runs out of the park he hails a cab and tells him to take him up to The Bronx where the next target is.

Frank's Diner East 86th Street, NY 2:00 AM

One of the men who managed to escape made his way into a diner and uses the phone.

"Boss we have a problem." The man said "Some guy came and fucked up the deal Jimmy and Alex are dead I don't know where Gino and Phil went."

"Did you at least get the money back?"

"No."

The man on the other line hangs up

"Boss..?Boss hello? Shit!"

Report Post Tip

The cab ride up to The Bronx was pretty long and took thirty minutes and Burnett paid the driver $15. He was in The Bronx just outside Yankee stadium it was pretty shady at this hour much like Central park all sorts of people were out and about Hookers,Pimps, criminals. Burnett like the Bronx it was a tough rough area much like he was.

With the fancy clothes and jewelry he was wearing and the briefcase he was carrying he stood out. A group of three thugs saw this and approached him trying to rob him.

"Hey big man fancy suitcase you got there." The man said pulling out a knife while looking Burnett up and down "It's mine now."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Let me get those shoes too."

Burnett pretends to play along taking off his shoe slowly then smacks the Thief with his shoe the other two stare in shock then try to stop Burnett but it's already too late, Burnett takes out his Colt 1911 and shoots them both twice in the chest and once in the head. The third one recovering from the shoe smack lunges at Burnett but Burnett puts him down shooting him in the head. Amateurs Burnett thought putting his shoe back on.

He was looking for a nightclub ran by Johnie Marion The Cobra's lounge. Marion ran an organization in New York and had big ambitions he wasn't happy just being the King of New York one of his ambitions was also trying to take over LA and forming the biggest crime syndicates in The United States. Chris saw Marion moving into his operations and Chris didn't like people stepping over him like he was nobody so Marion had to go.

The Cobra's Lounge 2:45 AM

Marion was sitting in the back of the club surrounded by a couple of mean looking bodyguards. He looked pretty busy handling a matter with a couple of guys.

"We were robbed some guy came outta nowhere Shot Brenton and ran away with the briefcase."

"Are you sure you didn't just take it for yourself Rica??" Marion said not believing him "Guards take him away"

Rica tries to escape but it's no use but before they drag him away a man with fancy looking clothes and jewelry holding a briefcase walks into the club. He points to him and says that's the guy who robbed him they grab the guy at the entrance and knock him out and also while they believe Rica they knock him out too and drag them both into the basement.

Report Post Tip

Burnett woke up to the splash of water and a gag in his mouth it was dark and he couldn't see much except for the guy next to him who looked familiar yeah he was the guy that Burnett stole the briefcase from at Central Park. Before he could take in the rest of the room in he was smacked in the face by one of his captors.

"Wake up." The man said "Do you think it's funny to steal from me? Do you know who I am?"

He removes the gag from Burnett's mouth

"I don't know finders keepers."Burnett spits on the ground "I don't care who the fuck you are buddy I saw an opportunity and I took it."

"This guys got quite the mouth huh." The man smacks Burnett "DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK TO JOHNIE MARION LIKE THAT I RUN THIS TOWN"

"Blah blah blah not my fault your muscles stupid." Burnett said bleeding from his mouth "It was like taking candy from a baby.They just handed it to me."

"I agree my men aren't that bright." Marion shoots the man tied up next to Burnett in the head killing him. He then takes the gun and holds it under Burnett's chin. "Do you really want to get smart with me? Who are you working for?"

"Your daddy likes it up the ass."

Burnett kicks Marion and breaks loose while he was keeping Marion busy Burnett was actually slowly cutting the rope off until he managed to escape. Two of Marion's goons start swinging at him but he ducks and hits one of them with a hard right hook making him fall to the floor. He picks up a baseball bat and starts swinging it at the other guy he hits him in his stomach then beats him until he's knocked out. After they are down Burnett runs up the stairs he sees his stuff and the briefcase and tries to run out of the club

"Get after him." Marion says getting back up the stairs his goons follow his orders and see Burnett trying to make his way through the people dancing at the club. They start shooting at Burnett and all of the patrons at the club start screaming and running for the door. Just when he thinks he's free two goons trap Burnett and grab him one of them holds him down while the other one is holding a knife and they kick the gun from Burnett's hands. No time to play fair Burnett thought he kicks the guy behind him hard in his nuts making him let go of Burnett with his window opened Burnett goes for his dropped gun and shoots them both then runs out of the club with the rest of the clubgoers screaming and running.

He sees a cab drive by he quickly gets inside and aims the gun at the driver

"Drive."

Report Post Tip

Burnett gave the cab driver an address to a place in Queens it was the home of a scumbag lawyer Willy Leonard. Burnett saw the guy a couple of times Willy dealt with Chris_Vaughn's legal issues and is one of the main reasons why Chris can get away with the shit he does and be a free man today is because Willy is ruthless in the courtroom. Murder, Racktering, extortion.. you name it all those charges and accusations dropped in a hour Willy was really one of the few lawyers who was worth the money. He was also one of Chris's drinking buddies until he tried to fuck him over now Burnett had to pay him a visit.

The cab driver drove as fast as he could nervous that anything he did his life could be ended in seconds when he dropped Burnett off at the address Burnett gave him a couple hundreds so the cab driver could "Forget" the entire evening. Burnett liked cab drivers his old man was one he even worked as a cab driver for a bit It was a honest living take people here and there listening to their boring conversations and cruise around the city until he got tired of it.

Burnett walked up the steps to Willy's house for a lawyer Willy did well for himself and it showed he had a Cadillac V-16 parked outside and his house was quite a sight it really made a statement I made it here in America. Burnett knocked on the door he heard someone get up he saw the lights turn on, he saw the door knob turn slowly, then when the door opened Burnett tackled Willy too the ground.

"Where are the files?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"The files on Chris Vaughn"

Willy paused for a moment then realizes whats going on

"Shit, I don't have them"

"Then where the fuck are they?

"At the office it opens first thing in the morning."

It was around 3:45 AM way too early to go snooping around a building looking for some files. Burnett decides to go inside the lawyers house and wait until it was time for Willy to go to work and try not to attract any attention. They spent time talking about sports they laughed with Burnett still aiming his gun at Willy.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 12 Hours in New York City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL