Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 17:05:26
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
pickpoket friendly? or not Started by: mortuis on Mar 22, '10 19:40

ok, so for the third time this week someone stuck their hand into my pocket. this is FINE BY ME. however, just like i do(jackthe ripper can attest to this) people do not pay me back. it says on my suit that i'm PP friendly but please pay me back. and i'm not the only one. anyone else wish that people would CHECK THE SUITS OF PEOPLE YOU PICKPOCKET AND PAY THEM BACK IF THEY ASK?

ok that's all i've got to say

walks away.

Report Post Tip

So I know I'm just an Earner but most people don't care. If you're a thief your not going to just walk around saying "I just stole from so and so" and risk getting locked up. It's nice some people pay it back however others will not it's just the way it works. 

Report Post Tip

It would be nice if it was paid back. Most people do and some even add a bonus. I am sure that the $5000 will not make a huge difference to whoever takes it but some folk will do anything for a few extra bucks. (It's a fact of life).

Report Post Tip

It also deppends on what city you are in, some citys are compleatly pickpocket friendly, because it's pitty and you can get it back with in about 20 mins anyway. It's constructed so someone you out rank immensly can not even stick thier dirty ole finggers in your pockets. If you pay it forward, eventully it'll get back to that person.

Smiling, and noding Dante lights up a cigar, rolling it in his finger a bit as he walks away.

Report Post Tip

Listens from a distance.Then walks away.Another one of these

Report Post Tip

Put your grubby hands in my jacket pockets, I'm not going to come to the streets and whine about it.

Report Post Tip

If I were to rob a few bills from right out under your nose, why on earth should I have to give it back? Do we return our hard earned cash to the post office after brandishing a firearm at the teller? No we do not. That would not make much business sense.

At the end of the day we lie, cheat, murder, extort and countless other unwholesome activities, one of which is steal. Whilst some people including myself do indeed return the money, as a gesture of goodwill if you like, a large proportion don't. I have absolutely no problem with this, since $5000 is chump change, and with the nature of the business we conduct it cannot be expected that everyone abide by accepted mainstream morality. And if you really care about the money that much, the facilities to keep it secure are available to you.

And on that note, I believe I just spotted Rufio strolling by with an uncharacteristically bulging pocket. I bid thee good day.

Report Post Tip

Wash your hands before even trying to pick pocket me..

I have NO trouble being PP'ed.

Report Post Tip

Well Put Madejski, i also think that if you have a problem with people Pick Pocketing you and not paying back then bank your money. People can't keep your money if you don't have any in your pockets!

And yes I do walk around with an uncharacteristically bulging pocket 

Report Post Tip

Mystery stubs a cigarette out and walks up to the conversation, ready to get into it with everyone and anyone.

Alright, so here's the scoop people. We're in the fucking mob. Pickpocketing isn't about being courteous, it's not about respect. It's a selfish act upon which you (hopefully) obtain a whopping five thousand dollars.

Did I say whopping? I meant measly. If you seriously are going to get your panties in a bunch over the amount of money I make in a little over a quarter of an hour, then by all means please just save all of us your complains and mail me. I'll fucking reimburse you 5,000. 

To you Mister one liner ChaosSpike, how about next time you wish to grace us with your presence you do so with a little more elegance, and actually put some effort into it. Though I completely disagree with the topic at hand, at least I have the balls to come out and speak for what I stand for.

Mystery goes back and polishes FlyingPigs shoes. He finally understood why the man hated everyone. They're all morons.

Report Post Tip

Thieves don't give back the money they steal and I don't think they care about what's written on your suit either. If you're concerned about losing 5000 don't carry that much around in your pocket, otherwise be prepared to kiss it goodbye.

Report Post Tip

I am not surprised people pick-pocket you and don't adhere to your ridiculous wishes. why should they?

not once have I handed back my earnings, and if someone happens to catch me off-guard: fair play to them!

Report Post Tip

Here's what you do.

Train your shot.  Build a nasty shot.  When someone pickpockets you, kill them and face the consequences.  Either that or just let it slide.

What people don't want to hear is whining.

Report Post Tip

Looks at Mystery as he was walking away.

"I am not here to argue in the streets.I do not see a point in doing it as so many have spoken this topic before openly in the streets.You talk about respect good sir.Obviously you are not being respectful at all I did nothing rude.I walked away not a one liner.I witnessed a few in the distance say a few words and leave.You target me interesting quite interesting.I don't believe I grace the presence of anyone nor do I wish you to think so.You see it is a street if I happen to be strolling by and wish not to speak I can if so chosen I believe.I believe everyone can actually.My personal opinion on it is obey the God Father or Mothers wishes their set rules for the city."If it is Pick Pocket friendly then so shall it be,I believe that is what it means.No?To give back the money sounds almost hypercritical no?Well that is in my opinion in the matter.And I did not wish to voice it because I did not care whether you or he or she agreed.

Light's a cigar and inhales deeply.Buttons up his coat.With a gaze in the spectators eyes he tilted his hat towards them.farewell I must be going have a plane to catch.As he so gracefully walked away it began to drizzle and drops ricochet off his hat and splashed on his shoulder.He turned and said.

"Anyways like I was leaving silently like I choose to do often.He sir is my address if you want to bicker more.Do it more professionally.And yes I agree with you "

Then tossed a piece of paper on the ground.

Report Post Tip

Well there we go. Finally, someone speaking up against something said to them. I now love you, Spike. But not in the homosexual way. More like in the way that I'm not going to bicker with you anymore. Just a quick note, though, if you didn't see a point in 'gracing us with your presence,' then why did you not just walk by unnoticed by us? It would have avoided all of this nonsense.

Mystery shrugs and goes to call Miriam, the lady whom he'd spent the previous night with. She always understood him, the whole three or four times they'd met. Flicking a cigar into the gutter, he unzipped his jacket and began to jog home.

Report Post Tip

Puck who happen to pass by was confused..

I dont get it why some people are so dumbstruck when it comes to Pickpocket. Dont tell me you whine over 5 grand?

All i can say is that know your ranks..If you are rank greater than your target then you dont have to worry but if you are rank lower then you must not worry too because i doubt high rankers will complain over 5 grand isnt it? 

and oh piece of advice street talkers

When someone makes a certain conversation dont spoil it by insulting someone. Have your own conversation for everyone's sake.

Report Post Tip

I am of the esteemed opinion that were I walking on the streets and someone yanked a few bucks from my pocket, turning around to grouse at them and demand my money back might, indeed earn me a one way ticket to the morgue. If someone is going to filch my money, the best thing for me to do is keep on walking.

Same thing about me picking someones pocket. It bothers me when they turn around and whine for their money back. If I'm feeling generous, maybe I'll fork over the money to them regardless of whether they ask.

Report Post Tip

sneakyrat spots a little movement in the streets and notice it is another debate about pickpocketing...

Pickpocketing again?? Ah, come on... what are we? You know who we are, and complaining about such things is getting quite boring. No one has to pay back a pickpocket. If you dont want to loose your cash than bank it. That is what i always do... works like a charm i must say. And if they happen to succeed, good for them. When you see your chance, do it back to them. But the best thing to do, is bank your cash.

Report Post Tip

Remembering an family member from years gone by he chuckles.

I Used to know a man who found pickpockets objectionable. However instead of complaining about the trade he simply asked his tailor to sew fish hooks into his jacket pockets. He would just stand there smiling at the would-be thief as they were forced to rip their hand free of the hooks. He used to derive great amusement from watching them scurrying off clutching their freshly lacerated hands in pain. He was quite well off so losing a few bucks was never an issue for him, he just enjoyed the excuse to spring a rather sadistic surprise on the privateers practising this trade.

Report Post Tip

ok, you all make good points. so why is it that if i say no pickpocketing people will leave me alone. but if i say pp me but let me know, or pp me but pay back it gets ignored?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: pickpoket friendly? or not
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL