Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 05:57:57
Page:  1 
Raising the bottom. Started by: TurkeyBear on Aug 20, '16 15:10

The night was still and silent. Detroit seemed to be at peace. Most shops were closed for the night and not many people were out at this time. Over at the Guards HQ, a party was brewing up. What started to be a small gathering at the HQ bar blew up to a full-on drinking session among the members. TurkeyBear was watching everyone from the counter, along with Jimmy_Smith who was pre-occupied with serving drinks to the crewmembers. It was a joyous occasion for the crew after a well-executed bank heist, leaving everyone feeling elated. Sitting on his stool and looking at the members gathered, TB spotted an unfamiliar face approaching him. The boy looked like he travelled a great distance, with sweat drenching half of his shirt. He looked at TB and rummaged his bag, pulling out a letter bearing The Fugitive's crest. TB immediately knew that Godfather Pine had requested for his audience. TB took the letter from the boy and handed him a crisp hundred dollar bill for his efforts. After watching the boy leave, he noticed that Smash and Karmen had already stopped drinking and were observing their leader. TB gave a slight nod and the three of them left the bar, undoubtedly heading over to the home of The Fugitives. Koehler was outside having a smoke when he spotted TB and his hands exiting HQ. TB signalled to him to get into the car, and Koehler reluctantly put out his smoke before getting into the driver's seat. "Where we headin' to boss?" Koehler asked, looking at the rear view mirror. 

"To The Fugitives HQ, my good man."

"She'll be here any moment now." Pine's voiced boomed, while pouring himself a glass of whiskey. TurkeyBear was sitting in his office, with Karmen and Smash waiting outside at the hallway. Don Liftoff was sitting quietly in the dark corner of the room, not moving an inch of muscle. TB was getting restless. He didn't manage to get a quick shower after the heist, which left his fur-thers quite dry and irritable. After what seemed like eternity, Godmother Crystalize finally arrived. TB flashed a warm smile and gave her a huge bear hug. "Evening ma'am, hope your journey here was a pleasant one." Crystalize was looking as radiant as ever. "Yes it was. ThinkinOutLoud was gracious enough to drive me here since YourNextWife is away on a business trip procuring some exotic creatures for my collection here in Corktown." Crystalize chuckled, removing her coat and taking her place, standing beside Pine. She tapped Pine's shoulder and both of them exchanged looks before grinning to each other. TB was starting to feel a little out of place, and cleared his throat before speaking, "Uh so, you've called me?"

Pine slowly turned his attention back to TurkeyBear. TB stared at the Godfather-Chairman's weathered face and plunged into a million thoughts. He was trying to think up reasons why Pine summoned him to The Fugitive's HQ. A covert mission, dealing with some 'business' or to help scratch an itch on his back. Every one of those reasons were just as plausible as the next. His train of thoughts were broken when Pine finally spoke.

"These are the keys to your HQ." @Liftoff, who was oblivious the entire time suddenly appeared beside him, handing TB a set of keys that definitely weren't his. 

TB instinctively did his triple tap check - Gun, Wallet and Keys. They were all in place. "I don't understand, my keys are here," TB said while grabbing his keys out from his front pocket and showing them to Pine. 

Pine smiled wider and shook his head, Crystalize was trying to suppress her giggle, but failing to do so in the most adorable way. 

"We have both agreed, that it is about time Black Bottom gets a new leader - someone who we know that is more than capable of leading his own district." Pine paused, taking a sip from the glass of whiskey that he poured earlier on. "TurkeyBear, there is no one better in Detroit that can help me raise Black Bottom up to it's glory days."

TB was surprised. He tried to process this as fast as he could, but the news was just overwhelming. He didn't realise that he had sunk a little on his seat. He straightened up and looked at Pine, giving him and Crystalize a slight nod. 

"I am honored that you picked me from the countless, talented mafiosos that Detroit has at her disposal, but if that is what the Godfather wishes, I will carry it out to the best of my abilities. Now, if you may excuse me, I have some packing to do."

He exited the room, his head swarmed with thoughts and ideas for Black Bottom. Smash and Karmen, who had been patiently waiting for their boss but had made no attempt at hiding their boredom, gave a sigh of relief that their wait was over. TB beamed at the both of them, and they looked surprised. 

"Looks like we're moving." TB spoke, bear-ly keeping his calm.

Report Post Tip

Karmen's eyes widened at the thought of relocating, and TurkeyBear taking Godfather, and the immense possibilities afterwards. She immediately hugged him, then sort of regretted it when she realized how much of his fur-thers got stuck to her nice black dress that she was wearing. She tried to brush them off as they started walking back out towards the vehicle they arrived in, and she said, "This is one of the best days ever! Congratulations TurkeyBear. You really do deserve this! And when we get back to Headquarters we're all gonna' get super drunk. Just so you know."

She laughed at the idea of TurkeyBear drunk, and when they emerged from the building they had just arrived at shortly before, they all got into the vehicle, getting started on the journey to Black Bottom and a bright future for them all.

Report Post Tip

Smash always new that one day this dream he had years ago would become a reality, having one of his life long friends take such an honor and lead his own district.

He could not think of a better man to be given this opportunity as he knows that TurkeyBear has all the qualities one would want a Godfather to have,

Smash waited patiently for Karmen to finish her embrace with the Godfather, but couldn't wait any longer with an outstretched hand he felt what the hell so went in for the big hug as well, he then sharply straightened himself out and brushed down his suit to resume formality,

"This is truly a great day Godfather TurkeyBear and i am honored to be able to Captain a crew for you"

Smash liked the sound of a party back at HQ, firstly i will finish up at mine and then round up the crew for the festivities.

Report Post Tip

Jimmy_Smith puts his case on the table, noticing the looks, he raises his hands...

Don't worry guy's, nothing dodgy.

He clicks open the case and pulls out a dark bottle, larger than a usual, Jimmy places it on the table and turns it so the gathered to see the label..

"Dom Perignon 1915"

I have had this bottle handed down to me from my father and grand father, now is the time to open it to toast and this great occasion.

Jimmy pops the bottle and pours the champagne, placing them on a tray, hands them to the gathered.

Congratulations TurkerBear on becoming godfather, pleasure to have served and be serving under you...

Congratulations Smash on Smash industries, let's show Black Bottom how it's done!

Report Post Tip

Skadi looked at Kawir while he was commenting on the news about Detroit's expansion and smiled ecstatically after hearing that her old friend Turkeybear took charge of Black Bottom.

She solved the last minute wish to go personally congratulate her friend and invited Kawir to come along with her, taking the opportunity to shop in Detroit for a bit. On the way she remembered an old gun shop and buys a Walther P38 pistol caliber 9mm Parabellum knowing that Turkey will love this gift because it was missing from his collection.

After a journey they arrived in Black Bottom, but Turbeybear was not at his new office. Skadi acknowledged that she suffers from bad luck and left the box containing the gift with a note saying:

"Congratulations Turkey, I am very proud of you have got the godfather position. I know how you worked hard to achieve this and hope to hear wonderful news coming from this district. Love Skadi"

Report Post Tip

Where was TurkeyBear  when one of her own was slaughters? Inquiring minds continues to check out the tiny tabloids. I will get the answer on my own.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Raising the bottom.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL