Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 23:21:40
Page:  1 
A Drive Around Town Started by: RJFuller on Aug 25, '16 19:27

RJFuller sits in the back seat of a luxury car.  He looks around and starts talking to his driver

"Things ain't the same.  Fact of the matter is, they've never been more different.  I don't recognise this world.  It seems to me that everyone's got their button, everyone's got a heavyhitting gun, everyone's living behind fortresses.

Back in the day, it took time and effort to hit a guy, real talent, lots of practise.  And now?  Anyone can do it, train at a range, all the rest of it.

So what's special?

This is what I want to know.  What is special about this world now?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

we are experiencing  a bad recession   !

Report Post Tip

You are right that things are different than what they used to be. That tends to happen as the world turns.

However I wonder why there aren't many more excellent hit-men in our world if training marksmanship is as easy as you claim. If it takes minimum effort these days, it surprises me that this little people attempt to remove the current leadership? Could it be because you still need dedication and some level of street smarts to actually make it that far that you stand a chance? Could it be you actually need a different attitude than sit in the back of a luxury car and start talking to your driver? Could it be that while a trip to the training range is easy, that you actually need to put in the work many can't for whatever reason ever?

The people who make it far enough are special, because they actually showed more effort than the people like you who think they're the real deal with their semi-smart observations. I encourage you to make smart observations, but be part of the solution and not just some passerby who complains without purpose.

Report Post Tip

Time is change. Nothing stays the same. That is a good thing generally but if you aren't willing to adapt with it then you will be left behind.

It takes an awful lot of work and commitment to train your gun and build your defenses in this world. As you've already mentioned, plenty of people have been willing and able to do it, so why not give it a try yourself?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Drive Around Town
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL