Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 21:28:54
Page:  1 
You wonder why people dont care? Started by: KevinOwens on Sep 02, '16 10:03

I don't have the energy for a big long rant. I've been away for a lengthy amount of time and still come back to the same old shit. Until last night I had spoken to a total of three people, my boss, my RH and my LH. 

Sep 01, 18:48:37 Someone attempted to WACK! you.

Unlucky Remy... shame you suicided before realising it was stealth. 

Sep 02, 06:12:59 borucki tells you, "Word on the street is that someone wants you dead with the quickness." Click here to check it out.

Aug 30, 02:58:18 borucki tells you, "Word on the street is that someone wants you dead with the quickness." Click here to check it out.

I've got a mountain of problems in real life that I was hoping to use MR as an escape from, something that I've done for over a decade now. But it's clear I'm not welcome here anymore and the admin team has never lifted a finger when I've experienced similar types of bloodline-harassment.

So... whoever this was, you have your wish, I'll be gone before this day ends. I'm not even half the man I was when I did whatever I did to upset you. I don't have any fight in me anymore. :(

Take it easy folks, TeQ.

Report Post Tip

Not really understanding why this results in people not caring here, though?

You got shot at.. in the mafia. This is part and parcel of our world as you well know.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your hardships in RL, as someone that has counted you as a friend on MR for many years I hope you stick around and continue to find a way to use this life to help you escape your own, something I've done on many occasions over the years.

I also don't feel there is much point in blaming admins for the lack of support in such matters, they can't prevent a random gun shot on you, nor should they. If someone wants to waste their own life by taking your characters, again that's part of the game. You've orchestrated many similar scenarios yourself over the years so I can't really get behind you getting angry when the same happens back to you.

As I said though, I hope RL gets better for you as that's what matters most, not the little character you have here.

Report Post Tip

You'd be surprised when I last fired a shot out of turn Bret. The images of what I did some 9-10 years ago is imprinted on people's brains. Know when the last shot I fired out of anger? ie. As a rogue, as a random hit, a personal hit.

The year that mario created MR. So 2005? 2006? SingWhenYoureWinning was the last time I 'rogued', he authed Oliver_McTavish and then went a bit nuts himself.

That's 10 years ago man.  Fucks sake, what do I have to do to shake off that tag? For a DECADE I've towed the line with whatever leader I've joined.

Report Post Tip

My apologies, I've been reliably informed it was the next year. During the Roman era... some friends and I did some bodyguard shooting.

Still, I think most people can agree it's been a fair amount of time since Roman was walking these shores.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My apologies, I've been reliably informed it was the next year. During the Roman era... some friends and I did some bodyguard shooting.

I was just about to point that out after reading the previous reply haha.

I didn't say you SHOULD be targeted, just that we all are targeted for different reasons. Its just part of the life we lead. Just the same as we are given a helping hand by friends for the same history, people will always dislike us for it just as much as those that love us. 

Report Post Tip
It isn't the games fault, it's the cunt user base that continues to drive people away.

Be well Teq.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

I'm tempted to state that I wish they'd drive you away Ragnarok, and not TeQ. The latter has added a lot to this community in the time that he and me were around in the same period. Competition, challenge, controversy, creativity, care. From you I have only seen negativity that I could do without.

But in reality, I wouldn't want you gone either, nor TeQ. I wish this community could leave so much of it's fucking petty drama behind that both of you and many others can get motivated again to give your A-game. Are there really that much people here who've given up on playing the game as supposed to (that is, win through efforts shown)? Are there that much people who settle for shitty to mediocre accounts that resolve to childish bullshit to ruin someone else's day?

Whether you are a fan or not, whether it poses a challenge for you or not, TeQ used to add a dynamic to this game that made it more intriguing.
I rather have people like TeQ among us, whatever challenge that may bring, than the faceless people who bloodline people who come out in the open to have a legit attempt at a normal run.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip
I'm not around. I stopped by to honor Marco and then I'll be gone again. Thanks for your thoughts.
Report Post Tip

That's the beauty of the game Rob, Ragnarok has done loads over the years that unless you worked with him you wouldn't know anything about. That doesn't make him less valuable than TeQ, each has their own dynamic and each brings something worthwhile to this thing of ours. (I know you were suggesting that they both matter, but you still inferred that TeQ was more valuable to keep around, when in fact they are as valuable as each other).

I hate to see people leave tbh. I'm barely playing these days due to being too busy in RL to commit to a character, but as you can see from the age of it I do still keep myself coming in as often as I can.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

D'awh c'mon how could you forget the BG shootings during Roman's time!?

Regardless, sad that you're leaving over something seemingly so silly. I hope you come back incog and play at some point, as I know how much of a stress reliever this place can be.

To RobOakheart - yes. People really are that petty. People are that bored. People would rather log on shoot log off and then be around for the 'action' than to be around regularly, helping the place grow. People suck.

Report Post Tip

It's interesting for me to read this from a different angle.  I wasn't here 9 years ago when KO last shot BGs.  I wasn't here 3 years ago when player "X" shot player "Y".  I am far younger than many here, but I did know KevinOwens back when I was learning the basics of the game, and he was a wealth of knowledge, kind, helpful and always willing to share tips and tricks.  Assuming it's been that long since anything in game happened that might cause people to question his loyalty, at what point has someone proven to be an asset vs. a liability?

So many things must have happened here between so many old players.  Trust is a fragile thing granted, but I imagine there are very few, if any, old lines that didn't have a falling out at one time or another.  I expect this is a far more complicated conversation than I understand, just seems unfortunate if a person cannot prove themselves by their action in game over such a long period of time.

Report Post Tip

Be well, TeQ. My only experience of your time here was when SammyGato was around. I hated how every time I approached the streets you seemed to be there, criticizing and jerking me around. It took deciding to learn from what you had to say rather than try and fight it or conjure a clever enough response to save face, to realise you weren't there to jerk me around at all. 

You offered me a great deal of opportunity to grow as a player and approach things differently. I hope you know that as a person who still frequents these streets to play the game, and not let petty grudges and trolls determine how I play the game, I appreciate what you have done. I'm sure there are many others who can say the same. 

Report Post Tip

Just for proper timeline, game started February of 2006, the last thread I saw from Roman was end of October of 2011 (I believe he died either end of October or very beginning of November of 2011)

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with -Telkin-, people really do suck. A lot of people have lost motivation to actually be here to help it grow. Some days I can't blame them for picking up and not sticking around. I mean sometimes it just feels like there is no point in sticking around.

Hopefully those people will return to be around more frequently in the future though. There is always a slight sliver of hope.

Report Post Tip

I second this. " It isn't the games fault, it's the cunt user base that continues to drive people away."

Report Post Tip

Shame you didnt 2nd it on the character that had something to lose, eh? (not that the comment would cost you anything. Just seems odd you chose to wait until your character died before you comment)

Report Post Tip

How do you know that it's not the same type of situation that was going on back in the day, when you were doing it?  Maybe it's just people wreaking havoc, and has nothing to do with you.  Just a thought.

Report Post Tip

/roll 1d20

Just trying something. Sorry.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: You wonder why people dont care?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL