Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 19:45:28
Page:  1 
The Reformation Started by: Eileithyia on Mar 28, '10 14:28

Eileithyia was certainly excited leaving Cryptic's office, but it was also twinged with a bit of sadness from the losses they had all experienced. She wasn't surprised to feel a tear falling down her cheek. It was a tear of happiness for the new beginning she was about to take and a tear of sorrow for the ones who were no longer with them. She steps outside of Cryptic's HQ, squinting. She fishes through her purse for her sunglasses, needing to shield her puffy, red eyes from the brightness of the sun. Was this really happening? Did her Godfather just auth her? She was still quite actually in a bit of shock. And then a bit of panic hit her. Who was going to bring Cryptic his paper, juice, breakfast and mirror every morning now? And would his next Right Hand be as comfortable and patient holding said mirror for him at a moments notice, sometimes for hours at a time? She hadn't been his Right Hand for too long, but the position was as wonderful a fit as the black leather high heels she had her feet in right now.

She fished a cigarette from her purse, cursing herself. She was supposed to quit those damn things. She lit the cigarette and inhaled deeply, looking up and down the street. 'Where to start, where to start,' she ponders to herself as she takes another deep drag from the cigarette. This was sort of a bittersweet moment, since she was still mourning the loss of those she loved dearly. She looked up at Ramone and smiled faintly, holding her arm out. He slipped his arm around hers and patted it knowingly.

Oh Ramone, you always know just what I need. What's say you... Shall we head over to our new digs and have a looksee? Speaking of the new digs... We can't just go about calling it the HQ can we... What do you think would be a fitting name for us? It will have to be something important, significant..

Her bodyguard leans down and whispers into her ear. She nods, a tear rolling down her cheek.

I think that is perfect. The Reformation. A rebirth of sorts... Of course the two of them would come up with something so eloquent. Yes, yes it's going to work just perfectly. Speaking of them would you do me a favor love, run back inside and call Torque and Rook, tell them to meet us at the new headquarters. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

Eileithyia watched him go, taking the last drag from her cigarette before tossing it to the ground and grinding her high heel into it. She looked up at the beautiful sunset and sighed, her thoughts on those lives that were lost and on the rebuilding ahead. A smile crossed her face and she knew, somehow, it was all going to be just fine.

Report Post Tip

Rook sits in the small office in her townhouse.  The coffee in her hands is a warm, rich blend of South American beans with just a hint of vanilla creme.  She brings the mug to her lips and inhales the steam swirling just above the dark liquid.  Just as she's about to take the first sip her telephone rings.  Taking a quick sip, she reaches over and retrieves the phone from its cradle.  

Hello?

The voice on the other end is squeaking with excitement and she doesn't need to hear anything other than the rushed, OHMIGAWD to know who it is.  Rook had been waiting for this day for a very long time, and knew it had to be coming soon.  She smiled to herself, taking another long pull from her coffee mug, and finally pushed into the conversation as her friend paused for breath.

Lei, I knew you could do it.  I'm so happy and proud of you.  We will be a great team.  Uhh.. yeah, sure I'll bring the cake.  You've got lots of celebrating to do.

Report Post Tip

It's too bad that we will never see what your reformation may have looked like, Lei. At the time that I write this, your crew is down to maybe eight souls and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you get gunned down. After waiting so long for your auth and then to have a "war" break out for reasons that look almost as stupid as the previous war that LV survived...ugh...

I'm just a civilian though so my opinion doesn't really matter all that much, I probably don't understand things and I obviously don't have all the information but I thought I would share it. Mostly the point of this letter is to tell you and your descendants that you could have been fantastic. LV was going to be fantastic. 

Report Post Tip

"I probably don't understand things and I obviously don't have all the
information"

Then why not ask and/or read? There is a speech made by Deimne that explains it...

Report Post Tip

I did read. The reasoning behind it still seemed stupid to me. Doesn't make sense that a city would even think of trying to attack another city right after surviving the previous attack. I dunno.

Report Post Tip

Then who is the questionable one, the one planning on an attack right after surviving a big war or the one trying to protect his city from somebody that was going to try to attack eventually?

Report Post Tip

Very true Ugh, yet strange as it may seem, it's true.

Look for a single person to claim that one word of what I said was false... it won't happen. The reason? It's true. Shocking, I know.

To think, me killing someone for planning to kill New Yorkers. What a stupid reason. How will I sleep at night knowing I protected those I care about. The mind boggles.

Report Post Tip

Was a great shame we never got to see this crew take off. Could have been one of the best we've seen in our time. RIP dear :(

Report Post Tip

After waiting so long for your auth and then to have a "war" break out for reasons that look almost as stupid as the previous war that LV survived...ugh...

Snuffing out a stupid attempt by a crippled city, harbouring bitter feelings before they got strong enough to act upon their intentions is almost as stupid as two cities fighting over which of their supposed Godfathers got to talk to an irrelevant girl on which day of the week without the other getting jealous.

Oh no hang on, one is a business reason for the betterment of the criminal organizations of New York, that would be suited to the Mafia, the other is best left in the playground between two children pushing each other over in the sandbox because of the girl they've got a crush on.

I and my predecessors have been here a long time and I have never seen such a pathetic and embarrassing mess as what went on between the main men of Las Vegas and Philadelphia that culminated in a huge loss of life. If I was in Deimne's shoes I would have stamped both syndicates out for dishonouring our entire thing. Luckily for the amateur brigade that appear to have been getting the top jobs of late, his shoes are practically welded to his feet after this long wearing them and he gives people repeated chances to redeem themselves before acting.

These happened to be the supreme heads of the Mafia in their respective cities and I'm fairly sure in the oaths they took upon making their bones, to becoming Capos, Underbosses, Bosses and finally Godfathers included nowhere 'I will uphold the principles of Cosa Nostra, unless you know, Hickory starts making eyes at another guy then I'll forget that this is supposed to be a business and plunge my hundreds of soldiers into a headlong battle that they neither deserve or give two shits about.'

To conclude, laughable comparison.

~G~warble.

Report Post Tip

ugh does have one point. it is a shame that Eileithyia(grhs) didn't have a chance to see what she could do. the fact that as she was building her crew a war erupted was not her fault. on occasion a war breaks out and someone gets screwed for it. i have sympathy for Eileithyia. i would not mind seeing her offspring work their way up a family and get another shot at leading a crew.

Report Post Tip

The war erupting was completely her fault along with those that she represented in Las Vegas. Not to mention, to see one of the people she was going to kill along with her city have any empathy at all is quite dumbfounding.

Report Post Tip

wait, it was her family that started the war?

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure if that's a poor choice of words or if you're just blatently wrong.

Was she caught up in the war due to her loyalties and connections? Yes. As a leader in Las Vegas she was included.

Did she have a part in starting it? Not at all. I spoke to her at length in the final hours. I have to say, she did nothing but earn my lasting respect during the entire conversation and I look forward to seeing the mark that her kin might be able to make on our world.

Not only did I feel sorry for the circumstances that she found herself in, I apologised for the hardship that was put upon her family due to the actions of others. So to say that it was 'completely her fault', wrong. To say that the faith that fell on her and her family was a direct result of those she choose to work with, that would be accurate.

Report Post Tip

that would be what i ment in my first post godfather.

Report Post Tip

You are correct that in it was a poor choice of words. 

I do not feel by any means that it was her, all her, every ounce.  It narrows down to the same as how a family works.  If a Crew Leader decides to partake in the actions of warring another city then the whole family fights.  If two cities war, then all members of that city are involved.  By saying it was completely her fault, I do mean that with regards to her titled city, not the actions of the individual at hand.  She was, simply put, a member of the opposing team.

Report Post Tip

It's unfortunate that her last words to me were that her daughter will not be a part of this world. We will not be able to see just how well she could have done and we have lost a fine Mafioso.

Report Post Tip

My grandfather would have agreed with Barney. He always had great things to say about her.

Report Post Tip

yes she was a member of the opposing team. but to me theres no grudge there. that was buisness. on a personal level, it is a shame to see someone killed before we got a chance to see what they could do with a crew.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Reformation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL