Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 12:38:54
Page:  1 
The stick-up Started by: Fred_Kovach on Mar 28, '10 15:40

The day was coming to a close and the people were moving in all directions to get home from a days work on a busy main street in Detroit. There was a post-office that Frank had been watching for two weeks with a routine like clockwork. They closed at 6 but the takings for the day were stowed an hour early. The black car across the street had only just arrived but was a regular visitor up and down the street.

Two men got out of the car, one a ginger brick, the other a dark haired weasel with quick eyes. They crossed the street looking both ways with that typical haste that preludes a 'job' as they psyched themselves.

First through the door was the dark haired man - Fred - with a no-nonsense approach, he crossed the small distance from door to counter and stuck the muzzle of his revolver to the glass window. It wasn't the bullet-proof anti-theft technology of the future - just plain old glass to discourage opportunists and create some formal barrier. The bully boy came second, a sawn-off double barrel emerging from under his jacket with which he herded the small number of customers into a huddle.

"Nobody moves or they get a face fulla buckshot!"

Report Post Tip

William was walking down the street near his house in Detroit, when he saw a man he knew from the HQ, Fred_Kovach walk out of a car along with another man whom he assumed was a local Thug and that could mean only one thing- Trouble. He quickened his pace,as he saw both walk into the local Post Office and Fred drawing a gun as he entered. He looked through the door and saw that they had everything under control so he retreated to a nearby bench, took out a cigarette and waited to give Fred some back up if there was trouble 

Report Post Tip

There was the usual cowering crop of innocents that moaned and weeped a little as the two men robbed the post-office and no security guard to make things messy. The cashier was an elderly man who filled a money sack as fast as he could, the other two cashiers standing back where Fred could see them. All was going well. Fred checked his watch and wiped at his brow with the same hand. Then the unthinkable happened. One of the customers made a grab for the shotgun.

BLAM

The meat paste of what had been a hand splattered over the people around Fred's thug and they all started to scream.

"For fuck sake.. you mick bastard, can't you do anything?"

Report Post Tip

William heard a shot inside the Post Office and he was sure the others on the Street had heard it as well, so he deduced that the cops will be here in another fifteen minutes, He literally jumped off the bench and headed over to the Post Office,There he saw a bloody mass and the local Thug hovering over it unsure of what to do and Fred giving him hell for shooting the guy.

C'mon Fred. You got to split, the cops will be here any minute, follow me and I'll take you to safety

He then turned towards the Thug

You get your ass cleaned up and get to my place somehow, I don't care how you get there and even if you get there. C'mon Fred. Let's go!!!

He then motioned for Fred to follow him as he turned and went out of the Post Office

Report Post Tip

He wasn't leaving without the cash and what cash there was he'd nabbed off the shaking cashier as William stormed in. The blood spattered thug had nearly emptied the second barrel of his shooter into the well-meaning ally. Hearing that he was excused, he looked at Fred hoping for some kind of support.

"Ah.. the cavalry!" A bitter remark to cover his pleasure at seeing a friendly face. "He's coming with. Can't leave him here." The chances were the cops would squeeze a confession out of the 'off-the-boat' accessory with little trouble if it meant he could save his own skin so they took him along, obviously to his relief, and broke out into the street with the bag. People were stalling in the street and talking amongst themselves - there was no time to waste.

Report Post Tip

William looked heaven ward as he could not believe he would have to contend with the Thug in the escape as well, but this was not the time to argue.

Get the cash, and follow me now at least!!!

Report Post Tip

They followed, mentioning as they left the car was parked across the street unless he wanted to ditch it. The ginger shooter was determined to redeem himself and offered to drive.

Report Post Tip

William got into the car, he turned to the brick sitting nearby and told him in a calm, cool and collected voice

We have to ditch this thing soon but it will do for now, take a left at the next intersection and drive till you reach a used car shop, do not open your mouth till we reach, do so and you will have what little brains left blown out.

He then turned to Fred,

We can get another car from that shop and I will make sure that we escape from here unscathed if you find a safe way to hide the blood on your friends clothes from when he shot the wannabe hero.

Report Post Tip

They made the drive in good time, squealing tyres carrying them away from the street at a gallop. Fred counted the cash and shrugged his shoulders when he found out they'd not come away with heavy pockets. You win some, you lose some. The driver zipped through the lights and avoided the traffic with the determination and skill of a man out to buy back his life.

They reached the used car place and pulled into a side entrance.

Report Post Tip

William turned to the driver

I do admire the speed but that only brought us more heat, anyway, go in there and change your clothes and get your ass back out here in five minutes.

He looked at Fred

I'll go in there and be back with a Model T Ford, it won't be noticed easily. You sit tight and give me a shout if you see cops coming our way.

He went inside and one look at the owner told him that he could take what he wanted, He pointed to an used looking Model T, then man gave him the key with the air of a man glad to be rid of him.He came back and saw that the Thug had changed his clothes in record time and there was no trouble

Hop on Boys, Let's get our asses to safety

Report Post Tip

The irishman looked like he might cry at this point. He was still in shock about how much mess that missing hand had made. He was clear now however and they got in the Ford, leaving a little cash behind to sweeten the man's spirits and cover their tracks.

"Where to?" Fred asked, already having regained his composure as though nothing out of the ordinary had happened today.

Report Post Tip

William was gunning it but he was using the side roads to not attract any heat

We are going to a place I own here, most of the cops near there are on my payroll and would never raid there but I do not know these guys

He then suddenly entered the main road

Report Post Tip

Fortunately the excitement was over and they reached the house with no bother. It'd been a touch of luck to have William in the neighbourhood and Fred counted his blessings and slapped the big paddy on the back to show him they'd got through. The man usually pretty gruff was like a puppy dog with his future hanging in the balance. "Go get yourself some beers, you ugly fuck," Fred told him, passing a roll of the stolen notes as a downpayment on his cut.

Report Post Tip

William got out of the car and he looked to his apartment, which was on the third floor, He turned around to see the Thug walking away

Hey!! You come back here, I am not through with you yet.

Then man turned back and saw it was William who had called him and the smile was just wiped off his face, he seemed to be on the verge of running but he realized that running would be futile and so he came back, William motioned for him and Fred to follow him into the building.He went to the door of his apartment and he opened the door for them both and they entered his house, Fred beaming like a light bulb because they escaped with such ease and the Thug with apprehension written on his face,He then motioned to two comfortable chairs nearby.

C'mon sit down both of you.

The Thug looked like he had just been asked to perform a lap dance and gave William this stunned expression

Yeah, you too now sit your ass down before I change my mind and blow your brains out.

He seemed to think sitting down was better than getting his brains removed because he sat down, William made his way to the refrigerator and took out three cold beers and he made his way back to them.

Here, Have a beer, Yes!! You too you brick, have a beer. I know I want one.

He the sat himself down in the next chair, hoisted the money bag out and dumped the profits onto the floor.

Well, This is all we got, we got to live with this I guess.

He then looked at the Thug clutching the little cash he had been given

Here, take some more, you could use a new suit and a set of new shoes if you wanna look good, Yes, you moron I am talking to you.You got a name?

He murmured ' Harold'

Well, Harold, Take this cash, and make your way to the suit makers in the next street and get your ass measured for a new suit.You never met us, did you.

The man gave a series of nods and he then left the apartment with the look of a Fox that could reach the grapes in stead of being forced to call them sour. William then turned to Fred who had been watching all this with amusement in his eyes

Well, You got to lay low for a while but I reckon the police will probably stop searching for you if they know you were with me, So have some fun with this newly acquired 'inheritance' of yours mate, You can stay here for as long as you want.

As Fred went off to shower, William looked at the cash, the bottle of beer in his hand and he smiled. All was well.............

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The stick-up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL