Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 08:53:00
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Volunteers Sought - Idiot Lynching Started by: JamieOliver on Sep 09, '16 11:41

I am taking a break from standing astride the 60 second list like a well nourished colossus and I am looking for volunteers who would like to assist me in carrying out a lynching. Not just any lynching though ladies and gentlemen, oh no. This is a lynching of those individuals who can't use the fucking credit marketplace properly, because these chaps are driving me absolutely craaaaaaaaaaaaazy

I will enlighten you with a riveting tale, which is just the latest in a long line of examples which happened to have come across my desk in recent weeks.

The credit marketplace is minding it's own business with a very reasonable highest offer on the market to buy a single credit of $400,500.

Spoiling the calm, some dingbat rolls up and instead of listing their credits in or around that price as you would expect, they decide to bang 150 of the fuckers on the market for a single credit price $425,000. That's $24,500 more than the previous highest listing.

Erm, what?!

If you wanted to make sure your listing was on top, why not put just a dollar on the existing price, why not put $100, hell, even a $1000 I could understand, but to bump the price by $24,500 a listing? Are you nuts? What is your motivation for such an idiotic move? You potentially blew $3,675,000 in potential profit. This hurts my head.

So I suppose the purpose of this thread is two-fold:

1. Who would like to join me in lynching these people for the benefit of the species when and wherever they are found? 
  2. If you are one of these people - explain yourselves! Why do you commit such monstrous acts of stupidity?
Report Post Tip

You know how many people prefer to buy an item 4.99 3.99 instead of simply paying 3.75?

It's a chemical process in the mind that gives people euphoria from getting something way cheaper than usual.

#greatmarketing by the $425,000 dudes

Report Post Tip

I...quite frankly, can't see a problem here. Certainly no reason for a lynching!

Report Post Tip

People to be lynched

1. Prae
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not the best of jokes..

Report Post Tip
Get thicker skin
Report Post Tip

I mean, you're welcome to try, mate.

Report Post Tip

Not like it would be hard, Prae.

Report Post Tip

Probably wouldn't be. Hopefully at least just tough enough to not be boring.

Report Post Tip

I'm not joking - this really annoys me. Why throw away over 3.5m of profit? It is bonkers. It also needlessly drives the credit price up by liike 5%.

Report Post Tip
Quantitative easing.
Report Post Tip

You make a valid point but seeing as this is mafia returns "insert clever comment that makes me look good and get others to kiss my ass to back it up"

Or

Dont be salty man up blah blah 

Just want to fit in Dukes!!!

Report Post Tip

jamieoliver is having my babies so we be lynching anyone he wants then eating a awesome dinner after

Report Post Tip

If i need a credit, i bid up by $1 to me is common sense as i know x, y, z are going to outbid me to and is a merry little dance.  However i can understand someone offering a lot more if in a rush for credits or speculating; it doesn't always work as some may outbid anyway.  However. where some people look at it as a more appealing way to get credits quicker(of course someone will look for something more profitable) especially when in some cases, they are only going to re-sell to re-buy and profit that way.

Report Post Tip

Mr Oliver, I can get you credits for even less than 400,000! Way, way, way, WAY less than that! The credit market is a buyers market. Let me help you buy from me!

Report Post Tip

I guess the novel idea is to not buy the more expensive credits....

Report Post Tip

Except everyone does...

Report Post Tip

So... It sounds like our "idiot" did just fine.

Report Post Tip

I guess that depends on what you class as fine. To me though, giving away $3,675,000 for no real reason isn't fine - it is the behaviour of a buffoon.

Report Post Tip

Ok so now I am not sure if you're upset with the buyer or the seller? If we're talking the seller, they ARE doing just fine because they are making that much more money. 

I have personally bought higher priced credits on purpose for the simple reason that I knew a fellow crew member was selling them. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Volunteers Sought - Idiot Lynching
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL