Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 08:58:33
Page:  1 
Boroughs of Manhattan Started by: ChristianGato on Sep 14, '16 12:52

This is intended as a street appearance. There are however OOC references I cannot help encroaching on while trying to properly explain this project. Thank you for your understanding.  Please feel free to comment on any holes I have overlooked or questions where I have not been clear. I am aware this is a lot of information, however if you were to try and explain the self-made rules of our world to a naive mind, you'd probably end up with something as long.

Boroughs of Manhattan

In line with the recent efforts to implement and offer alternative options and experiences to our population, I am announcing new employment opportunities in the district of Manhattan. 

Following this ambitious and effective war, my previous operation has been scattered and broken. My entire family, siblings, cousin and nephew were slaughtered and the men and women who supported our regime decimated. I have little left to build on without calling on those I know to be talented through dealings with their parents, who I have worked with previously. To establish them as leaders and successors however would be hypocritical, considering the reasons for our attack as outlined by Don Oakheart.

So, I am offering an opportunity for anyone to be recognised, without bias or prejudice, based only on the judgement of their strength of character, participation in the community and the limits set only by their own creativity. As I have disclosed to the leaders of our cities, I am not out to build a powerhouse district that should be identified as an ambitious or paranoid threat. I am simply out to offer an experience to those who wish to operate in a Role Play focused environment. 

So, we shall start.

My district is a small part of New York, however Manhattan is riddled with boroughs which are brimming with opportunity. I myself will be operating from Little Italy. However there is also a requirement to begin generating income from Five Points and Soho

~ Operating from Soho ~

✪ Operating from Five Points 

The Plan

This plan directly links to my speech made regarding the substance of The Favour System, as outlined Here

My vision is to allow those who work hard, seek a different experience and want as equal an opportunity to be a crew leader as everyone else, to have that opportunity. As mentioned before, I am without a successor. I also do not wish to entangle myself in the auth system which does not directly offer this chance. 

So, I'm going to offer out the chance to become a crew leader in Manhattan. Here are the rules:

• Any Unsponsored member born in New York after the time and date of this speech is able to participate. They will be allowed to operate as such within New York City, so long as they sport either the Soho or Five Points tag. I cannot say the same for if you leave New York unsponsored or if there are available crews to join in your Borough. I'm afraid I must stick to this rule to remove any complaints of unfair advantages. 
  • You may switch Borough at any point, however consider the impact it has on your reputation and the people you are working with/for.
  • At any point after they meet the criteria of Made Man, a worker is able to set up a 5 man HQ. This must be done following notification to myself and confirmation that there is a space available. A smart worker will also consider as to if they have what it takes to remain in favour, as this will determine if you are successful in your endeavor.
  • There will be no more than three HQ's in a given borough, this currently equals to six potential crews as there are an available two borough.
  • I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU WERE IN A PREVIOUS LIFE. This is extremely important. By revealing this you immediately compromise yourself as my judgement will become biased. I will make every attempt to assess your efforts based on your ability to role play a character. I want to maintain as strict a Role Play environment and fair experience for everyone that wishes to participate, I cannot do that if I know who you are. You must consider if other people know who you are, that they might try and ruin it for you by telling me. This is obviously a situation with some grey areas, they will be dealt with as they arise.
  • Before a crew makes a move to remove another one, they must notify the Godfather of their intentions. I will not directly tell you to stop the action, however depending on if you are in or out of favour when compared to the target crew, will depend on how I act prior to or following the event. This can be applied to any situation. It all depends on how attentive you wish to be.

So at this point we have a district with six newly Self Made-Men in it. The other members of the district can continue to operate individually if they like, however must consider that their personal contributions are now outmatched by six other crews. They will as such fall out of favour in comparison to their peers, and I'm not going to bat an eyelid if you're killed because you didn't have the sense to join one of the crews. This door swings both ways however, as if a crewed member kills an individual worker who was high in favour, then there may be repercussions. Care should always be taken to investigate if an individual or crew is in favour, before making a move to remove them. 

If an individual decides he would like to take on a crew leader, they must consider that, unless they can financially fill the gap that crew leader was providing to me, they will most likely be killed off too.

If a crew has reached maximum capacity and is looking to expand, they may do so within their borough by removal of another crew leader and perhaps his entire crew, or by coming to a peaceful takeover agreement. At this point, the successful party would be permitted to upgrade to a 10 man HQ and the submitting 5 man crew dismantled or destroyed. The same goes for the remaining HQ of five. They can be taken over, taken out, or even make the move themselves. Either way, this will result in a single crew of 15.

All of this must consider The Favour System. Can you fill the gap you are creating? Are you in good standing with the Godfather, in comparison to the crew you are looking to remove?

At a time where there are two crews of 15 in each borough, one can then overthrow the other. This will result in a single crew of 40 slots in the winning borough. Again, this action must consider The Favour System

The losing borough will then be open again for new participants with a new borough to compete against. 

The end goal of this? Beat the Godfather. If you feel you want to expand into my shoes, make the move.

I will accept any Coin-Flip duel proposed to me, to die by any other way I'd consider pretty damn cowardly.

In Summary. 

Some of the best characters I've played have been when nobody knows who I am. There are no prejudices or expectations to meet.  I want to try and replicate this for those who want to test their role play ability and see if they can make it in the world based on that, not their ability to click buttons. 

Tl;dr 

This isn't for you. Go back and read it or be on your way. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I want to add that use of the job board and introduction of new players will be greatly encouraged. I obviously can not monitor this, however will stop by your operation to learn more about it and it's members. New faces will not know any different as to how our world "normally" operates, so it would be great to find out how popular this approach is to them.
Report Post Tip

This is a great system and I really hope it gets the take up it deserves. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it pans out and hope that people have the forethought to act appropriately and as intended. This is a brilliant opportunity to actually play a character, operate from a small-time street hustler, into a small outfit and eventually into a fully fledged family. Good luck. 

Thank you my friend, that is the intention, for those who wish to pay a character to be able to, without worrying about the usual politics or necessities of playing the game.
Report Post Tip

I'm curious as to how this setup handles outside influences. Say a crew from DT where to decide to wipe out one of the 5 man crews that setup under you in Manhattan to participate in this. What is the expected response?

Report Post Tip
Good question, my friend. Dependent on the circumstances, it may be entirely called for. However I would expect anything that did not require immediate action to come through myself.

As is with the Favour System, any incidents involving Manhattan are my business, my income and my reputation. As such any attack on my operation that is not justified will not be well received.
Report Post Tip

Continuing on Otiag's questions, but reversing that question;
Let us play with the idea that certain individuals, born in NY with ill intentions are running around, wearing tags that affiliates them with these boroughs, which provides them with a protection as long as in NY and maybe even outside of NY.
What if these individuals decide to use this protection that is provided to them in NY to train their skills as hitters and eventually put that skill to use and succeed in killing sponsord individuals from the other cities.

Who will be held accountable when this happens? Will Godfather ChrisitanGato compensate the loss? 

Report Post Tip

To be honest SunTzu, I think thats somewhat covered from what Mr Gato last said;

As is with the Favour System, any incidents involving Manhattan are my business, my income and my reputation. As such any attack on my operation that is not justified will not be well received.

With that in mind, it would be expected that anyone operating under his protection is therefor his responsibility and so it would be treated much like that of a rogue member of any other family.

Report Post Tip

SunTzu, my intention is to offer opportunity and reward decent, hard working men and women that take the time to venture into a business in Manhattan. Such people, as Smash has rightly added, would not be expected to go far, nor would they fit the criteria I am looking for, if they decide to launch any attacks without consulting myself. 

Report Post Tip

Pardon me, Slash.

We have just lost the first of our workers to an unanticipated event, so right now it seems like there are some outside of Manhattan who are still approaching this place with an inappropriate and outdated mindset, not those who are participating and trying something new. 

We're operating differently now, not every unsponsored mobster is a target to grind away your firearm on. 

Report Post Tip

So if I'm understanding this correctly; essentially, anyone outside of NY is not welcome to shoot at any unsponsored mobster wearing the tag "Soho" or "Five Points", regardless of age - unless said mobster ventures outside of NY, at which point they become fair game? It's an interesting idea, certainly. Kudos on your innovative approach to the issue of overcrowding in your city, Mr Gato. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Report Post Tip

Those born in New York with Soho and Five Points tags are allowed to operate freely unsponsored within the vicinity of New York and New York only. We don't guarantee their safety outside of New York.

Over crowding is not the main issue here, we have temporary crews to house them. The purpose is to offer individuals a chance to operate individually and create their own future in Manhattan.

Being a lowly wise guy, the how and the why is not of my concern, Santino, I just felt it was a nice way of applauding the innovation, however I do appreciate the clarification. I hope your experiment pays dividends. As I said - I'll be watching with interest, as I'm sure other will.

Report Post Tip
Of course, majority of concern is "why I can't shoot these guys?" We appreciate everyone's leniency and patience towards this matter while we try to build a fresh foundation for New York. Thank you for your interest Pan.
Report Post Tip

This reminds me of something similar that was done in LA some time ago..it will be interesting to see if this goes any better..

Report Post Tip

Godfather Gato, once again you have revealed yourself to be a man of vision and endeavour. My dearly departed father liked to think of himself as a similar type of man, pushing the boundaries and trying to give a new and different experience to those who worked with and for him, however he never managed to consolidate the power that you have in order to enforce his desires on his district and city. Some of your dearly departed relatives and in-laws worked for my father and had family members in his crew, and I can only hope that some of their experiences with him have helped shape you as the man I see before you.

Kudos to you and i wish you all the best for this endeavour.

Report Post Tip

I recently read some of my ancestors journals and found that they too were part of the LA experiment under Simplicity. They wrote that they were having the best time of their lives out in LA and that the freedom was something that they could have never imagined having in their line of work, but that they had it and they loved it. From the outside looking in, sometimes these experiments can look like they only attract the animals that fight through hell and high water to have an iron grip on the landscape and snuff out whoever might possibly be able to overpower them. While this could one way to take control in a place like this, the same as it is used outside of these experimental cities. My ancestors journal only notates a single individual that was removed because of these reasons, and that would have been a TywinLannister. The journals note that my ancestors did fear that he could overpower them in his sleep one night and there just wasn't enough communication between them to keep the trust. Now there were many other deaths through this experiment as well and there are lots of notes in these journals of people crying foul that they shouldn't have been removed, but the notes also show that these unlucky individuals had always shot first at my ancestors and/or their close friends. He has written that there was not a day that passed that an attempt was not made on his life at least once and there were numerous days in his short time there that there were multiple attempts made to remove him from LA. Alas, an external source stepped in a removed them because they did not believe they were respecting the "game" and how it is meant to be played. So as long as you do not have an external source coming in and upending all of Gato's hard work it should go fine in the Burroughs. As long as we are cognizant who the legitimate targets are when we are traveling about the Burroughs they will be fine. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Boroughs of Manhattan
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL