Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 10:13:47
Page:  1 
WB - durden's Started by: Tellurium on Sep 17, '16 09:36

Is it just me or does anyone else see the number of WB's this Durden spawn as high?! I do realise given recent events that we have a lot of of 'new old players' here so maybe didn't have the gun strength they imagined - but also high ranking peeps are also going down too. I saw a Don the other day - ouch!

Report Post Tip

It's been a lot of bad luck really. I've lost two members to this already, including the Don you mentioned.

For experienced hitters the issue will indeed be actual bad luck. For the players who are not yet maxed, and take their chances, it is a combination of that chance and the bad luck. It's a part of the game that adds some random dynamic in the mix, which although sad for the victim, I think is good.

Given the current situation of our community, it's extra harsh however. People who are motivated to get to it again get hit hard by this random dynamic that doesn't really add anything to the game in this time. When everyone is aiming to build, it's sad to see that process disturbed by a random game mechanic.

Report Post Tip

Durdens have very predictable math.  If you look at the wackstats page, you can work out what % of wackback (jail/gun/nothing) that will happen.  So if you know you are 100% to hit, you can figure out the real chances of that when you add in the other forms of wackback.

The problem is people are forgetting that a low ranker with a shit gun is simply that, a low ranker with a shit gun.. Tyler gangsters are still sponsored, in an hq, with forts, by a high ranking leader.

As far as you missing on a durden and them shooting back.  This is risk you can mitigate also.  If you outrank a tyler, they can only 1% you.  If you are under the rank of tyler and have some BGs to compensate for the rank difference, they can only 1% you.

So if you are seeing more people dying from tylers, you would see the %'s are the same in relationship to the misses, but more people are missing because they are shooting at higher ranks with a gun thats inferior, and then dying because of rank differences.

Sooo, TL;DR Stick with shooting lower ranked durdens so even if you overestimate your gun and miss, they can only 1% you.  If you have to shoot at a tyler above your rank, have a handful of BGs to back up the rank difference.

And dont roll a 98, 99 or a 100.

And when they shoot back.  Dont roll a 1.

And eat your vegetables.

And brush your teeth.

And hairy palms is an actual thing, keep it under 3x a week folks.

Report Post Tip

What were the odds on Tomas getting hit then Squishy, so I understand, was that a 1%? I imagine so since it would have been a Consig (Paulson) shooting a Don?

That would mean he would have had to have a freak miss and then 1%'d. That's some bad luck.

Report Post Tip

I remember one character when I wackbacked jail and then got 1%'d by my pro'er.

blink and you'll miss him. 

Report Post Tip
Don't talk to me about Durden bad luck.
Report Post Tip

Jono, somehow I think there is a story behind your bad luck with Durden that many could learn from. You should share your experiences so those new to the game can learn from your experiences. :)

Report Post Tip
My advice is very simple. If your name is Jono, PoisonousJelly, HubertCapone or FlouryTortoise... Do not shoot at Durdens.
Report Post Tip

I was wackbacked twice i think in my whole MR life. It's certainly bad luck when it happens, however, you know the risk taken when you shoot a durden and fail.

Part of the game, can't blaim anyone.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: WB - durden's
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL