Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 09:44:12
Page:  1 
The road to hell. Started by: Bronx-born_gangster on Sep 24, '16 04:23
is paved with good intentions. A lesson my great great grandfather learnt the hard way. A lesson my father that keeps reminding me before he passed away. My father was a good man. A good ol wiseguy who dies smiling on his sleep whilst protecting his boss at the recent great war. Now that BBG is a grown wise guy too decided to continue the speech his father was preparing after all chaos broke loose.

BBG in his white, well tailored suit, reminisce his roots before finally got up and stand in the used stool in the streets where mafioso from all around the city accepted it as the stage for expressing sentiments and ideas. The weather is somewhat melancholic, a mix of clouds and smoke from the recently built factory make a not so good combination. He clears his throat loud enough to gather attentions on mafioso all across the rank who had a vacant ear to lend.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I came here with the inquiry, a question in which my father longingly wants to know. It all started when my great great grandfather first came to these shores about 10 years ago. He slowly works his way to the crew, been in and out of the streets and works hard during the war times. It is such that the demise of him remains a mystery, the only thing he had done is go out here in this very soapbox and voice out his opinion regarding a forgotten argument. To be clear I am not here to avenge my great great grandfather, for all I know they are neighbors in the cemetery, rather I want to know these few points:

How can we really assure ourselves that we are safe in the streets whilst having an open discussion regarding something?

Based on the journals, my great great grandfather was a strict follower of the rules set by the gods when speaking in the streets, to be clear he was pretty aggressive in expressing his viewpoint.

Is there a need for violence when a certain person speaks out and upsets the upper structures?

What can we see as a standard on speaking to the public that maintains respect but at the same time expresses one that really feels rather just kiss some bosses' behind?

BBG initiates a long pause, a moment of reflection before proceeding to go down to the box, a motion that he is done and other may climb to voice their own opinion.
Report Post Tip

Onikage steps up on top the box draws hard on his cigarette and begins addressing the street.  "I too have come from a long linage of gangsters of various different ranks and allegiances/alliances over a relatively short space of years.  My granddaddy and his granddaddy and his granddaddy before that were all shot in their beds only to be found early next morning by their sons. Not a shot fired by them.  It hurtful, hateful and frustrating to ever witness but life goes on and their sons take up their mantle and carry on.

Most of the wars that my family have been in and died in, they have never knew what started it in the first place. 

Report Post Tip

I think you are missing the point here Mr. Thrawn. To clear the confusion. He wasnt killed because of war, rather he was killed fighting for his principles, speaking out in the streets. Gunned down because of whatever remarks he said in the open area and of that the journal did not says.

I totally understand that in times of war, nobody is safe. No one can be blamed to the death of generations because in war, shit happens. Nothing can be done but for the younger ones to move on. Anyway this is not what I expected to hear but regardless thank you Mr. Thrawn for entertaining my inquiry.

Report Post Tip

Post the last war I certainly sense a change in tide and a return to an old way of experiencing discussions in particular on the streets. I can understand that for those of us that come with a long family history there might be caution in speaking here as we recall times where heated debates got out of control and lives were lost or even wars started as a result.

I have seen myself that since the war it has divided those that will and those that are cautious to return to a world of old. To respectfully and articulately debate a point takes skills that not all hold and this world is a harsh one. If you come out shout loud and bold you should be prepared to stand by your words....however from what I have seen post war is more people's voices in the streets, people actually coming out from behind closed doors, people listening to whether the things they hear sit well with them without assessing how old a person it - giving merit where merit is due rather than a select few owning the discussions out here. 

Strong leaders will not fear being respectfully challenged, in fact it further endorses them when they can back up, communicate and explain (if they feel it appropriate). Once the balance is set with strong leaders not afraid to be challenged and a community who knows how to robustly but articulately and respectfully challenge - the unwritten rules on how the streets work will once again become clear....we are already a fair way down that road and discussions like this only help to get there quicker....in my humble opinion...

Report Post Tip
Excellent points miss tellurium. I am just grateful that the streets tend to be a little more peaceful right now so we can have an open discussion about anything and everything. I just want to clear one point up, does it really takes a skill to express an opinion here outside to have an insurance that you can safely walk back in the streets? If so, there should be a place of practice, as to which this should be trained upon. I would love to know more for I am just a foreigner here in these lands and new york is my second home.
Report Post Tip

As Bjorn was strolling the land after leaving his now fully furnished HQ he is surprised to see so many of his new associates standing on soapboxes tonight. He sees bronx-born_gangster having a nice and interesting speech. Bjorn hadn't known this man had such a lengthy line of ancestors. In comparison his family was only green as grass like the meadows of Ireland his grandfather was growing up in as a child. However knowing he was very happy and encouraging his associates to voice their opinions he decided to step up and share his thoughts on the subject

Hello bbg and audience,

I'm standing here knowing that some of you may know me, and have read about my thoughts on loyalty and the new style of leading our underworld in this country. But the subject entered here by my young associate is one that interested me greatly. I do believe his question is not easy to answer and maybe some of the other members of this community might feel I wouldn't know any context, i do give them that argument for I have no experience with finding a journal expressing this kind of experiences.

However I think I would like to focus on a point that I think is very important. It is not unheard of that people come to voice their opinions in these streets. But what my father and grandfather have observed that these were always done by very young members of our community shortly after the deaths of their parents. Often the tone of these youngsters lacked respect but also maturity and were riddled with the raw emotions of losing their parents. Nor were their motives often honorable.

In my opinion voicing your thoughts and opinions is what the normal world calls marketing. It makes people aware what you as a leader or associate believe in and what you value. Normally a leader is most into contact with his associates, family members and other members of his city. Inter city communication most often is restricted to business relationships with a few old found friendly faces but never a true sharing of voices and opinions is the rule between cities. How would members of those cities understand what motivates you, what drives you as a family leader (or member). Maybe you share the same values and would respect each other more if you had known this. Also it would give you a better idea why someone would move operations or families as well as expand their operations without perceiving it as an immediate threat.

I leave you with these words to ponder on

Bjorn steps of the box, pats bbg's shoulder and continues his way to the next street

Report Post Tip

"Yes sir, I would want a hotdog on a bun. Just add mustard, no mayo please. I have mayo intolerance." It was a hot day and I was hungry like a wolf. I've been evading some undercover pigs the whole day and when I finally lost them, I found this glorious stand. As I was about to eat my dog, I saw my good friend BBG talking to a gathering. I'm sure it was a good story he was telling so I decided to join them. The question he posed was something that I can relate to. So when the opportunity came , I decided to share my thoughts on the subject on hand.

I think I know what you're driving at here old friend. Everyone has different reasons from refraining to join street discussions. For me, it's more of a language barrier. It's just like my lineage. My great great great grandfather came from south east asia so it was only natural that he had a hard time communicating or expressing his thoughts. He was more of a doer than a speaker. In the old days, the street was brutal. You can be ridiculed just for having wrong grammar or simply just like someone once told him, if you can't speak bullshit. He refrained from the streets, and instead opened up a business and stayed in that side of town. The first one in my family to come to the streets was his son, my great great grandfather, who whined about the sudden death of his father. Apparently, he shot a bum who wasn't in the kill list. He took a box, stepped on it, and expressed anger for the death of his father. He made a speech and screamed his feelings, but got blasted right away. One don asked him, "Do you want a cheese with that whine?" From there on, my lineage learned to have a thick skin and prepared well before speaking to an audience in the streets. Mostly, they would venture out and tell wonderful stories. But to discourse with the best, it was hard for them since English wasn't their native language. Just like me, my father is strict and wouldn't want us to speak English inside our house when I was growing up. But because it is important for me in this kind of business to communicate well, I try very hard to learn the language and express myself. And from lessons I learned from my ancestors, I think very hard before I speak.And always with respect. Never out of anger.

Report Post Tip
Beaming with big smiles across from his cheeks, bbg saw two of his most trusted friends speaks up and give their own viewpoint to the predicament. He lets out a big sigh before speaking again to the listening few.

My leader,bjorn speaks of history and I for one, a witness of the grief of the orphans, the shock that it brings and the emotions that verbally expressed would always lead to a fatal demise.

However it begs another question, what if a mafioso just speaks out their hearts but in a well mannered approach and all of the sudden someone from the ups is disrespected. Does that lead to obits?

My dear elize, I, too has some problems with the language, though I try to my best capabilities to compensate. However, do we really have to live with the fear on the steeets just because we often had a mistake in our speech. Does the people here focus more on the manner rather than the content?
Report Post Tip
Why would people be upset if they were approached in a good manner? Most probably your ancestors went through something simlar to that one time ago, but now if your intentions are good and the topic invokes the involvement of the community, then you need not be afraid to speak your heart out. But still it must be done in an appropriate manner.

As for your second question, both is important. What is the use of an idea if you are unable to execute it properly? A few different choices of words and taking a moment to think about what you're going to say and how you're going to say it, could easily make the content more easy to grasp.

Just my view point towards it. Thank you Mr.BBG
Report Post Tip

"You're right BBG! And I for one am out here speaking my mind thought I don't know why."  I elbowed Chibs who suddenly appeared beside me and asked him to pass the flask.

"Whenever I am out here, I make it a point to check the following before speaking..." I then proceeded to enumerate them after taking a swig and handing back the flask to Chibs.

"1. Does the question affect me?"

"2. Do I have anything to add other than what others just said?"

"3. Will it be for the benefit of everyone?"

"You made great points my friend. And I also would want others to come out here more often."

Report Post Tip
BBG absorbs as much as he can as a fellow new yorker drops his sentiment and not just a regular new yorker rather the underboss of big apple.

"It has been a pleasure gracing the streets with your presence Mr. Gato and knowing the opinions of the upper structure, theirs being open to the street is the best damn initiative we can get at"

He turns now to Elize and chibs with a wide grin

" I am really happy that I become some help to free your ideas here wide open"

BBG feeling satisfied on his quest for answers walks out and goes to his day to day business.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The road to hell.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL