Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 09:44:58
Page:  1 
OpheliaPayne sets off to make Corktown great again! Started by: Borya on Sep 25, '16 20:35

As Borya and OpheliaPayne sat in the back of the black Sedan, windows rolled halfway down, they looked around the derelict district. Shop windows were smashed, buildings were falling apart, the existence of civilization was minimal. OpheliaPayne wasn't yet aware of why she was accompanying Borya on this journey but they had been chatting about the future of Detroit the entire way. Borya pointed out an old drinking hole he used to frequent, now in shatters... Much of Detroit had been rebuilt back to and beyond it's former glory, but Corktown was still lacking the presence it needed to become great again.

Borya turned his head away from the window to face Ophelia, "So... I know it looks a bit worse for wear now.. But don't you think Corktown has potential?" 

Before she could answer, Borya continued, "I reckon you could do great things here, girl.. It needs your touch. Your Family have seen cities go up from nothing but embers.. You reckon you got a touch of your bloodlines magic in you?"

"I want you to take on the role of District Head here in Corktown, Ophelia. I know you've got exactly what it takes." Borya paused, gazing out of the nearside window once more before continuing. "Take jimmy-the-Tool - He'll give you any support you need. You can pick a few more from Downtown. I need Corktown strong.. You reckon you can do this for me?"

Report Post Tip

She looks around and inhales deeply. Her lungs taking in the aroma stale blood wafting in through the window. She closes her eyes and opens them again, hoping to see a vision of what Corktown could be.

Yes, yes I think I can do something with this. I think we can make this a great place to be once again. If you think I am the right person then I'm game. I have always liked a challenge. I'm sure Jimmy will be happy here along with a few others that I'll need to bring along to help set up some office space and maybe a nice little coffee shop. Nothing too fancy... You reckon that is okay? 

She reaches for the door's handle and glances back and Borya smiling tenderly.

Are you sure you're ready to let me go boss? I mean, we've been through so much, you've known me since I was a young lady tugging on her Aunty Clionadh's elbow and asking too many questions. I grew up stealing candy from your desk after all.

She snickers and pulls a tissue out from her handbag holding it out to Borya. Seeing his face tense as he struggles to hold back tears she knew it was time to get off her ass and do stuff. As she steps out of the sedan she turns around and blows Borya a kiss and tosses a cookie she had hidden in her handbag at his head in her typical style.

Thank you Bossman, thank you... You know you can come over for dinner any time. We're family after all. Oh and please be sure to let Trinity know how much I'll miss our girly chats over tea and biscuits about your third nipple and the six toes on your left foot. 

She smiles on more time and starts to walk up the stairs of the derelict building chosen for her business venture.

Report Post Tip

The lump in Borya's throat grew larger and larger. He nodded as OpheliaPayne spoke, attempting to accept the situation. He knew this day was coming but being reminded he was losing someone he had been through so much with wasn't the easiest thing to handle. He took the tissue, smiling out at Ophelia as he fixed his tie. 

"Corktown needs you more. We will be okay. Besides - I'll be over for dinner regularly. Don't you think you're getting rid of me too easily!"

Borya shuffled over, squaring himself up in his seat, before looking briefly out the door at Ophelia again,

"Take care of yourself, jimmy-the-Tool and the rest of 'em. They're good peoples."

Borya ducks out of the way of the projectile cookie, picking it up and tucking it into his pocket as he chuckles softly, shaking his head.

"Now go on.. Go do your thing, girl. Before I change my mind and keep you with me forever!"

Report Post Tip

Jimmy walks out of the little shop. The street was dark but the job was done at least. Cleaning off his screwdriver, Jimmy checks his book one last time and crosses the name off it. Glancing at the time, Jimmy sighs.

Fuck, got a little carried away almost forgot the time.

Dashing through the alley, Jimmy heads to his car. Jumping in he sets off to Corktown. Driving at this time of night is peaceful, espically this route. Not many drive at night as it was, but this route hardly anyone takes. Wondering why Borya said to come out here made Jimmy think. We rarely come out here, its not much. It use to be a impressive place but all he was told a address and a time. Never one to worry much he headed out, not sure who he was meeting. All he he was told was he would know who he was to meet the moment he saw them.

Looking at the building, Jimmy walks in. Upon entering he noticed a single frame of a person. He knew this outline. Wouldn't be able to mistake it for anyone. Lowering his guard Jimmy speaks up before she notices.

So Ophelia, what the fuck are we doing here? The boss didn't give me many details. And what are those keys your dangling there?

Ophelia turns and laughs before explaining Borya's plans to Jimmy. After hearing this is all clicked together.

Well I will say that fucker made a wise choice Ophelia. I would be honored to help you build Corktown into the place it once was. We all had the idea Detroit would be great again, and I think it can be. You were the missing piece and now that Corktown has some guidance, I think we can do that for Borya. And for YOU! Now I think we have some things to attend to, well done Ophelia well done indeed.

Jimmy sets his toolbox on the mantel and proceeds to the garage to start getting things in order. this was gonna be a long week. But it will be well worth it Jimmy thought, OpheliaPayne will do great things. Its in her blood.

Report Post Tip

*KingMidz is having a great day as he makes his rounds doing collections. We all know any day making money is a great day. As he walks down the street two well dressed men were having a disscusion. Midz isn't known for ease dropping especially knowing how disrespectful it could be seen as listening into others business. He just couldn't help himself after he heard the name of a long time friend of his own personal families name be said and then the name of a well known and loyal member of the family he himself was aspirinng to become a full fledged member of; also someone he may have had only brief but enjoyable encounters with. what great news it was how KingMidz kept thinking to himself he prays they were not just rumors, he starts heading to the bar he could usually find his friend jimmy in and not to his surprise there sat jimmy. Midz begins to speak: 

"I just heard the great news jimmy as long as I can remember you were. an amazing soldier and an even better friend. I am sorry that I can not be ablel to congratulatte Ophelia herself but she is to busy and out of my league for this lowely Goomba. So please will you congratulate he and tell her how happy I am for her to get this oppurtunity. Now don't think I am asking you to do this for nothing i know you way to well for that."

*KingMidz flags over the bartender orders two shots and motions for the bartender to just leave the bottle*

"See jimmy I know you and tonight is on me so drink up, but please at least leave me with enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes  in the morning."

*Raises his shot as a toast to congratulate jimmy and to Ophelia*

"You know we have to make up for it being only you and I on this toast so you better double down jimmy."

Report Post Tip

She smiles as she watches jimmy-the-Tool wander around the empty shop. His brain visibly calculating every measurement. She knew it was just best to walk away when he got into his zone. With the new space acquired all she had left to do was figure out what she wanted her front to be. The options were endless. Coffee shop/roasting house. Bakery specializing in cookies. Talent agency. Midget circus. Hubcap refurbishing company... She smiled at the last.

Jimmy! Hey, you! Yeah you my dearest, my darling... I have an idea. 

She walks toward her closest friend with a big grin.

I want to do something different for Corktown. A bit of old, a bit of new, a bit of whats to come. Let's break from tradition and go with a new venture. I'm sure we can convince Jono to get involved even. I have a feeling Cab_Tufting_ may even feel ambitious about this project. Automobiles are becoming the thing. Not spoked wheels anymore. Hubcaps. I want to make old hubcaps new again. I want to make our own hubcaps. Different styles for different folks. Customized hubcaps!!! We can get FishyBones to be our model. She's a hot little number that one. And Carlos can help too! Oh please, please say you like this? 

She looks at Jimmy with the biggest smile on her face and her eyes brighter than ever and bats her eyelashes.

What do you think? Fort Payne Custom Caps?

Report Post Tip

Jimmy had come back from drinking with his old friend Midz. Having a  nice little buzz always made The-Tool work better. Entering the HQ late like this was not unusal but he always tried to be silent cause Ophelia did like her sleep. Taking one final walk through the place he had some idea when he heard some soft footsteps behind. Jimmy instantly knew who it was with out turning. Laughing to himself he spoke up.

Well I tried to be silent but I figured you might hear me walk in Ophelia. Say whats on your mind, I can hear the wheels turning in there.

jimmy took a seat while she laid out her plan. Now jimmy is the silent, speak when need but always listened intently. He was trying not to smile as he could tell by her voice how excited she was.

I see. So Hubcaps huh? Well I guess we gotta stay current in the world. Wouldn't be a bad idea. We are in the motor city capital of the world. So why not. Fuck it, Lets make some custom Hubcaps! Lets see if we can get Cab and Bones moving. If we can get them there is no way Jono will say no. He has that addiction after all. Would be a nice little family bonding experience. I'll take a look around town and see if we can find a nice little factory here in Corktown we can expand on.

Report Post Tip

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I am a busy man and don't have much time on this continent. But I wanted to make sure I stopped here at some point and said congratulations my old friend. You have always been a role model for my line and so many others across this land. I have no doubt you will continue to live up to what is expected from your name and then some. 

Detroit has gained a valuable asset and a fine leader. Make us all proud, mum.

Report Post Tip

Awe, thank you AlecTrevelyan, that's so kind of you to say. Did jimmy pay you? 

She looks at one of her favourite face with a quizzical eyebrow lifted and pursed lips.  A look very hard to give, only the truly talented can do it.

Thank you for your support and happy thoughts. I'll be sure to put you on our Christmas Card list. The nice list, for now.

She presses a cookie wrapped in purple tissue into Alec's hand.

Eat this right before bed dear, you'll sleep like a babe. Just make sure you're really going to bed. They can be a bit strong. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: OpheliaPayne sets off to make Corktown great again!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL