Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 22:06:45
Page:  1 
Protect the Innocent Started by: BrotherHec on Sep 26, '16 17:58

The phone call came in. Another message about an unsponsored person being gunned down. The idea of safety and security for the members of fallen crew leaders was a custom that had grown in the mafia lifestyle to become almost expected. Usually it is displayed by creating a sort of 'Protection Order' And often times this protection order is broken. 

I have to ask a question. I don't understand what the answers will be but for me it does bother me quite a bit. When rules are placed i follow them. I am not naturally a rule breaker. I enjoy rebelling in certain things for sure: how much dessert i can eat, another drink of alcohol, and so the list goes. When the breaking of rules comes to murdering innocent men and women i question how one finds this act justifiable. 

Sure, we are in the mafia so none of us are really innocent. We have heard this speech probably more than we care to talk about. The thing is some people are. When a protection order is placed over people it is a request for the betterment of their life, that they may actually have a life. 

It is almost a sure thing that one who kills a person does not know who they are. If they did, they probably wouldn't kill them. How does this hurt this thing of ours? How does this effect the future? 

Well, if one kills a guy named Tom, his son or daughter may not ever decide to enter into this criminal world after that as he was the first person to come across from the motherland. If toms ancestors never decide to join our future is forever changed. That could have been a friend you might have had a person who would have joined your family and protected you during a war.

You have no idea who you are aiming your gun at when you are pulling the trigger. This is a plea more than anything else. When a protection order is set forth please abide by it. If not for that persons sake than for your own. 

I don't believe we have to even debate a situation like this. It takes a few seconds to double check your shot. It takes a few seconds to check a protection order that is placed out. If you are still unaware if a person is to be shot than please ask your crew leader.

Now if you are someone who is taking shots in the shadows to further your gun i again plead with you to wait until their protection order is up. Wait until it is fair. Remember that this may be a person who could have an impact on your own life. This could be a person who you grow fond of and save you in the future. 

More than anything else it does sadden me, and so it should sadden you as well, to see so many letters from other leaders asking for a witness statement of the death of an innocent. 

What ways can we change this? Check to see if you saw anything. Ask your Corrupt Agent and see if he or she saw a murder as well. Then send those witness statements up to your crew leader. This should really stop. For the sake of the future of this thing of ours. Protection orders should be held just as high as Omerta. 

Thank you for your time. 

Report Post Tip

Hello there. I was just passing by and heard what you were saying.

I am fairly sure by most they do all the things you are begging them to do already. Sometimes they just don't catch sight of anything happening on their street. So they move on. It does not mean they haven't checked around with their friends, neighbours or passerbys. Sometimes the crime is seen by someone who may not have noticed they had seen it. Or they were unsure of what they had seen that they just shrug it off.

It could be argued that they are abiding by omerta by not saying a thing about what they had seen. On the logical side, it would not be hard to make the argument. But ultimately people just may not care enough to speak to their crew leader about such things. Should it be this way? No. However, we are not all the same people. What is important to me may not be important to Henry down the street.

I think it is safe to say that most people hold protection orders in great esteem as it is, since we do not see the rush of kills when they happen. The kills are done by people with another agenda, or someone who ultimately makes a mistake.

But let's flip it around on those who make a mistake. First, do they know they should cop to it before its found out? Perhaps they say nothing out of fear. After all those kinds of mistakes do lead to a grave in a right hurry sometimes. I'd say it's smarter to cop to the mistake well ahead of someone asking around for the information. It may not necessarily lead to remaining alive but it would certainly give a much better impression.

People with another agenda simply do not care for the rules. We will always have those in our community. I am not sure there is always something you can do about it until someone more honest sees the attack on another innocent.

Report Post Tip

Hi Dusty, so good to see you again. I definitely appreciate how willing you are to step up and step out from the crowd in voicing your opinion. It shows a certain trait that i feel many do not have in life in general. I highly respect you for that type of confidence. 

I believe i agree with you on most of what you said so i don't think i need to say i agree to the specific points. 

As far as it being argued by omerta i think that is definitely a possibility. I at first fell to an opposition to that point but in reevaluating what you said i think it really is down to a person by person basis. It may be what people want for them or their friends so there really is no way of knowing. 

I think begging is not the term i would use here to describe my action in coming out to the streets. I would like to say that i am trying to enlighten the darkened aspect of the mind that the person one is choosing to kill could truthfully be a benefit in the future. Or to remind people that loyalty to their crew leader is also loyalty to sending up witness statements or not shooting their gun if they arent supposed to at certain targets. 

Out of all things we do, i find this to be one of the most heinous things a mobster could do. Breaking a protection order. As it is literally killing the lives of the innocent. I myself was without a home for two almost three days when Curiosity had died and i am thankful no one shot me down or my fellow nine lives members during that time. 

Report Post Tip

Hello BrotherHec. I apologize for being so slow as my mind worked overtime. I apologize if you took any offense to the begging part, I was merely going on the words like pleading. I do see what you are saying though and I am not in disagreement with you.

I personally would love to see all of those things, but I am realistic enough to realize that it just may not happen. In a world where we are stealing purses and what not there is bound to be a few of our fellow community members that just have something else going on and apparently cannot concern themselves with paying attention to what they are witnessing.

It is always sad to see the protection orders broken and I am sure everyone is doing their best to find culprits when this happens but sometimes it just can't be done for whatever reason. You got lucky, others do not. It sucks but sometimes we just have to pick ourselves up and help the next of kin to the best of our abilities.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Protect the Innocent
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL