Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 04:05:43
Page:  1 
The HelpDesk Started by: Roor on Apr 01, '10 16:45

First line in the the HelpDesks profile; Mail me with all of your game questions.

The last couple times I've mailed the HelpDesk I've received the response, ask your family. Why am I supposed to mail you with all of my game questions if all I do is get pointed away time after time? Am I asking the wrong questions? If so, what type of questions is the helpdesk aloud, or supposed to answer?

Thanks..

Report Post Tip

I believe they are more technical questions for helpdesk, I maybe wrong but thats what i believe.  If its actual gameplay related no reason you cant speak with one of your appointed members for answering questions and what not.  Maybe even your capo if you have one in your family.

Report Post Tip

Dear Roor,

Helpdesk is here to mostly assist players who experience difficulties within the game or have questions regarding the game that are very general.
You just asked me a very specific question regarding a topic thats not something I can help you with since the answer would be more an "advise" on how to do something making you progress within the game. As I said in my mobmail, there is probably someone within your crew assigned to assist with this specific topic.

We're here to "help" but not to give you tricks, tips or hints on how certain features work.
Also kindly note that we do encourage players to find out information on their own and not think "Ooooh I just mail helpdesk".

You obviously know your way around here.

Goodluck to you.

Sincerely,

Rianne

Report Post Tip

Ironically enough, this is the type of question that helpdesk IS there to answer ;)

If it's a question about the impact/benefit/consequences of an in game action, as Rianne has pointed out, our hands will be tied on what we would/could say. Certain things must be learned by trying them, but by asking within your family you'll normally find someone with the experience to help you out.

Report Post Tip

You hit the head on the nail, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Report Post Tip

nail on the head* rofl

Report Post Tip

When in doubt, take it to your crewleader, or another high ranking member within your family.

Report Post Tip

For tips, hints,tricks,advice and cheats -I hear Anubis is the one to ask!  =P

Report Post Tip

As a member of SL you are also welcome to come to me if you have any questions, Roor.

I am happy to help.

Report Post Tip

Roor, why would you take away from the family interaction by mailing HelpDesk rather than asking a family member first?

Report Post Tip

There are rules about what a helpdesker can and can not say.  Certain things are "supposed to stay secret" - so for many questions like this, we can only refer you to your leader or HSL or someone in your family who would know it.  For example, if you ask for a good set of wack start up answers, we can't tell you that, however, every CL somewhere has a piece of paper or a .txt with a listing of the top 10 answers...  So it's not that we don't want to answer all of your questions, its that sometimes you will be able to get a more exact answer from your crewleader since they are allowed to discuss anything with you, where as a helpdesk person there are certain areas we are not allowed to discuss in any detail.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The HelpDesk
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL