Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 08:39:00
Page:  1 
Commitment Sorrow Started by: Vegeta on Oct 01, '16 01:22

After recovering from a ruthless firefight from about a week ago, Vegeta's wound healing up he was still able to score some free time on his hands so he could spend time with the girl he always mumbles about, the one person he's thinking about but the problem is he has trouble trying to find feelings for her all of a sudden. Like he's empty, again. It's been a while since he felt this way after all the days he was spending time with her all this time since he picked her up from that pub; what he said that day really changed the cycle of how all that fun can go into the trash if not spent well together, especially if you're not feeling the right way. They were both sitting on a bench that overlooked the ocean during a sunset, the day was windy yet hot and there was peace and quiet for a while which made the overall hangout a perfect spot to be able to sit and think and rethink life for a moment. What are the plans for the future? Where do you see yourself in the future? Two questions Vegeta always asked himself when he was in doubt, but now everything seemed different like if he was going through time. He looked over at the girl as she was too busy staring out at the ocean so he let out a sigh, and it wasn't the best one.

"Francesca. I need to tell you something, and it was just something that has been on my mind and something I've been feelings since the moment I met you, it's gonna be hard for me to explain this so do not get mad with what I'm about to say but never yet attempt to help me enjoy the feeling I've been trying to work for."

Francesca snapped back into reality as she turned to face Vegeta after she had that glint in her eye from staring at the sunset ocean for a while, she had a worried look on her face but then she changed it out of the blue; she was trying to seem more or less concerned for Vegeta's personal thoughts rather than what the struggle seems for him.

"Well, Francesca. I've been trying to feel love for you, but for some reason every time we are able to have fun I am able to enjoy that; it's just that at the end of the day for some reason I just feel empty for you like it just changes for me so many times and normally I've never felt this way for somebody I liked before; like my mind is trying to tell me something that is not for my own good, I am not saying I have any mental issues or any problems like that; nor have I done any sort of drugs, mind you. It's hard for me to explain like this because I can just sense so much struggle within my words it is just hard to untie the knot which is being fit between us, I have tried so hard from the moment I met you to try and give it my all. Reminding myself that I should always give two hundred percent effort and reliability rather than to slack and be useless and I know we don't get such time like this nowadays because of my "work times" but whenever I can I am able to go ahead and spend it all with you almost every single second of the day, feeling so different and the fact is so empty for me to uphold and the constant struggle of me having to work and the from the moment we had our first conversation everything turned different like if we were going back in time instead of attempting to move forward with what we both have to do. But, I'm empty and I can't fathom the reason why the struggle is so desperate for me like the pull for me to go back into something I don't like is forcing it regardless; what do you feel like I should do?" Vegeta asked with a worried facial expression, he just said something that may have just screwed up his relationship but he is hoping that she would understand for the better.

Francesca instantly started to sob, she just smacked Vegeta straight in the face without saying a single word and she got up and jogged off like if he had did something extremely wrong, turning back with her face turning completely red as the tears drip down her cheeks in a complete and terrible despair. "I hate you! I never want to see you again you bastard!" She shouted from afar, the words struck Vegeta hard in his heart as he could feel it shattering into many pieces, slouching back in the bench with the constant thought of what have I done? Should I have talked to someone else about it? Who would I talk to about it? So many questions juggled through Vegeta's mind it was a difficult puzzle to solve and he needed to talk to someone that figured him out the most, but who would that person be he asked himself. Tragic, as Vegeta sat there alone for the rest of the evening with Francesca's hateful words stuck in his mind and losing his companionship all together.

Report Post Tip

This gloomy evening; which seemed to reflect cutie's mood, she walks along the path, seeking a nice place to sit. It had been a year since her family disowned her for her wrongdoings, and she was taught to never let alcohol get the best of her problems. She put her hands in her back pockets, let out a deep breath and looked at the ocean view next to her. cutie never seemed to fix the struggle of finding a balance in her work and personal life. Like she never had time for any relationships - or maybe she stopped trying. 

She raised her head to take off her black headscarf and at the same time she thought a girl was approaching her. Her head was down, in tears and shock. "Are you okay, Miss?" cutie asked reluctantly. Their shoulders brushed and her speed was too quick, so the lady couldn't respond back. cutie wondered what happened to that poor lady that caused her to be in so much misery like that. It hurts to be in pain. Your heart starts to stop and there's that physical ache in your chest that you can't seem to get out. Thing is, cutie never was really interested anyone. Her family business was what she was working towards, and nothing else. 

cutie saw a man in the distance who was sitting on the bench. His face looked strained, like something on his mind was really bothering him. cutie didn't know what to do. Should I come up to him and ask what's wrong or give him time? 

It was now or never, so cutie took initiative and walked up to him. "I uh... saw you from over there and I just wanted to ask, how is your day going?" She didn't know why she was so nervous, but she figured it out when he looked up. Vegeta almost looked surprised, but he quickly gained composure. He coughed, trying to muster up some words despite the pain. "Hello. It's been a while since the.... incident. My day is going splendid, thank you. Yours?" cutie saw the way he carried himself when he was talking. She knew how beat down a person could get and cutie knew this wasn't Vegeta's day. The eyes never lie. It was truly exhausting to live a double life, telling people you're okay when you're not. 

"You're giving me the dead eyes. Tell me, what's wrong sir?" Vegeta closed his eyes for a moment and scooted over on the bench for cutie to sit. 

Report Post Tip

Vegeta let out a deep sigh, cutie was probably the last person he would expect that would happen to stumble upon him; his eyes were particularly strained after what he said that made the woman leave but he was able to compose himself as he looked at a cutie with that type of look. Pure exhaustion was stuck down deep in his feelings and over all feeling drowned out of society.

"Well, you see. The girl you saw walking off just earlier was the girl that I was spending all my time with since I met her in that pub and I told my feelings about her and overall my feelings about how the relationship was in general, I said that basically I've been feeling empty inside and for her to not get mad at me and to help me more or less and I'm pretty sure you remember how I looked, I was practically suffering from all four sides at once after that job and getting shot and all; That is what I was trying to explain to her but I guess it got worded improperly so she got mad regardless and smacked me across the face and sped off. I don't know what to do, in reality I'm insane but on the other side I'm not. Seems like my insanity will overcome me soon."

"Have you ever went through the same thing?" Vegeta asked idly, he was way out of focus so he could barely make eye contact because he assumes himself making eye contact will make it worse and cause him to struggle on how he says things, living two lives is hard but nobody ever said it was easy, being in the mob really changed the way his life works now since the death of his uncle; it's like the cycle for Chicago life and nobody ever lives forever, nor do they reign in power forever.

Report Post Tip

"Have you ever went through the same thing?" 

cutie stopped for a moment and thought about it. All this time she could've spent more on her feelings, but there's always something pulling her back. Probably the assumption that everyone is an asshole. She would agree that a lot of people misunderstand her, but it was never to the point of being left behind when they get mad. Helping someone who is going through a breakup is sort of difficult for cutie since she's never been with a partner, but she really wanted to help Vegeta. She noticed Vegeta looking away, which is understandable since it's hard to tell your problems to someone without the urge to just lose control. There is just... so many factors that contribute to a heart break. Commitment, taking for granted, letting the past predict the future... too much. 

The time was going fast, and cutie didn't want to keep him waiting for too long. "Look, I can't say from experience but... if you're feeling empty in your relationship, you're not alone. I'm sorry I cannot provide much comfort for you. There's just times when you're abandoning your own hopes and desires for approval from someone and in turn - you're unintentionally or unknowingly abandoning yourself for the sake of others." Vegeta laid his head back on the bench, expressing his guilt, shame and anger. cutie looked down shyly, trying to figure out what he was thinking. At that moment, she wanted to hold his hands. They were closed tightly, red, and cutie could pretty much see every vein and muscle in his arm.

After almost ten minutes, cutie spoke.

"I'm sure you're meaning to head home by now. Apologies. Can we just, stay here for a moment? Before you go?" cutie politely asked. Before he could respond, a second later, cutie bumps his shoulder as a friendly gesture. "And hey, what's wrong with single life eh? I'm doing pretty okay on my own." 

Report Post Tip

Vegeta feels the shoulder bump, he smiles for a short moment turning back to having his blank face again. He then turned to face cutie after she asked her particular question. "Sure, we can stay for a bit. And you may be doing fine on your own but.. it's different when you wanna commit yourself to someone specifically or you feel like you're not doing enough in your life if you don't commit more to something. I enjoy being the person that's there for someone especially my own partner; I may be sounding needy but it is the truth, I work hard to make a living just like everyone else even though loyalty falls under a fallen mark. I believe in that more than anything else."

"There's nothing wrong with the single life. It's just different when you don't want to stay single until after something happens, and whatever that something is - is something I don't know hence I'm just trying to figure out the answer but if you don't start somewhere you won't get anywhere which is what I'm trying to focus on right now. After all, when you said 'okay' it makes me think something is going on where you can you're doing okay but in reality you're suffering inside, but I can't really explain my own feelings right now and I'm just guessing on the way you said things when it came to the single life question. I've been really busy since my recent bump-up."

Vegeta rubbed the back of his neck before setting it back on the bench with the guilt he's drowning in, he blankly stared up at the soon to be night sky, letting out a sigh as he really just let out his true feelings on what life is for him, his goals and his worship for things which is hidden in context but there's always something he's keeping back and that's only around cutie; his facial expression sometimes make it obvious, is he having a hard time thinking of what to say after he was keeping his eyes mostly on her the night of the Red Door job? Jesus, could he be making it any more dramatic he asked himself.

Report Post Tip

A lot of stuff was said that night. cutie felt so much emotion in his words, and was also truly sorry for his situation. She could just never imagine a man like him being put in so much pain.. well-grounded, smart.. cutie quickly breaks out of thought. "It's okay Vegeta. You don't have to justify yourself. I know you worked hard Sir.. and yes, you should keep yourself busy I guess. Figure out that... something." She tries to hide a giggle at such a bad time, as he just stares right through her quite awkwardly, deep in thought. 

When Vegeta realised he was looking, he leaned his head back against the bench. cutie looked away out into the ocean and rested her chin in her palm."And well, I guess things aren't going so great for me either. All business stuff aside, I'm craving some affection." Vegeta raised an eyebrow, and cutie laughed but soon felt her heart break. "I mean, since the day my father "sold me", it just made me realize I'm so alone. If my own father does not care for me, who does? Trust me though, I'm working on it but I don't know if I can accept it just yet."

cutie tried to search for the look in his eyes. The look of determination and hope. "Will you go and see her tomorrow morning, Sir?" The wind got stronger as she asked that, and she hugged her jacket closer to her. She didn't know what Vegeta was going to say. cutie knew very much that the girl meant so much to him, but she couldn't tell anyways. Her passport with the dorky stamped photo page would probably say 'NBSB (no boyfriend since birth), even more impossible to find love now because of her work. cutie wanted to feel something, and she could never seem to get the same feeling she gets from the man in front of her from anyone else. Fuck. She wanted to mentally slap herself for thinking that, and kept her mind set on helping Vegeta look for the greener side of the fence.

"I believe things happen for a reason." cutie quietly said to herself.

Report Post Tip

"I probably won't. She violently shouted that she never wants to see me again so I don't really sense no hope in going over to see her, the moment she opens her door she will tell me to leave her alone and slam the door in my face, I'd rather not go through another embarrassed state because no guy likes having the door slammed in their face after trying to make amends with their partner, you have to understand how the heart sinks if that were to happen to you; you could just feel that, dropping in your chest. It's not a good feeling and it makes you have a shocking feeling for a while that soon turns into you going somewhere where you can be yourself and crying because you realized the hard truth."

"Trust me. There's someone out there that cares for you, and it's someone that you might know; someone other than your father, after all I don't know how you found ease to say that your father "sold you" so quickly, most people won't be able to throw that out, I mean probably to the people they hold trust to the most. But trust runs really shallow these days, because in the past they're known for the exploits of betrayal, it matters who puts the knife in your back."

Vegeta tried his best to give cutie a small hint when he said that someone cared for her, but after all how can Vegeta suddenly go ahead and throw her off like that? What if she ends up going to search or ending up asking constantly on who the person is, is it something she would do? Bah, Vegeta is running through so many thoughts in his mind he couldn't possibly think straight - at least not at a time like this, but things happen for a reason. But is it the choice of who is to blame? Should I blame myself for letting my true feelings out or is she to blame for not listening to her partner when he needed it the most? Many questions with no answers in sight, Vegeta constantly asked himself over and over on how it could end up. 

"I fear I may be getting a high attraction to you." He said quietly, hoping it wasn't that blurted out.

Report Post Tip

cutie widened her eyes and looked up quickly. When Vegeta said that, all cutie's thoughts started to jumble and it scared her that she felt the same way too. She knew that since their first meeting at the warehouse, she couldn't shake off the fact that whenever she looked in his eyes, she felt a sense of comfort and protection. Feelings that have never been felt before start rushing in. cutie didn't know what to say at this point, she just looked at her hands that were fidgeting on her lap. 

"I have so many things to say right now." cutie said. 

"Tell me." 

She thought about him, his girl and all the work he's done for his own family and loved ones. Vegeta deserved so much better. cutie spoke. "Sir, don't ever blame yourself. Yes, I know the meaning of 'it takes two to tango', but your girl completely ignored what you actually said. She only saw the bad side of it. She could've discussed it with you, and figured out how she could spend more time with you without completely changing her lifestyle. Commitments don't have to be treated like trading cards. She's on the pursuit of "something better", but out of all the girls you chose her. Your girl, pardon me, is an ass. It's just that I'm so frustrated because, she dropped you just like that."

The people that were out on the streets just minutes ago were gone. The lights were overshadowing the path ways. There's no one that could stop things from happening on this night. cutie just thought to herself, it's such a coincidence that all this happened. Both of them were hurting inside, and they found each other. cutie still knew that, things don't just fall into place like that - but it was rare that she could imagine someone being in her future for a very, very long time. Which happened whenever she met up with him. 

Keeping miscommunication was only just one of the other things that may have caused Vegeta's emptiness. cutie was in a heated rage as she kept on thinking about how everything could be sorted out easily if the girl hadn't left him like that. There was a trail of broken promises that she left him with. cutie wanted to lock hands with him, make him feel something, and treat him better. But it was all a bit too weird. Vegeta was basically her... boss. Or was, at least. 

But she couldn't keep it in for any longer. "Sir, forgive me for saying this. Sometimes you can be cold, ruthless, heartless and arrogant as hell. But I understand it. You can't go climbing through the mafia life if you dont use even one of those qualities. Despite all of that, I want you - only you. Shit, I'm sorry sir. Uh.."

What happens when a caporegime meets a broken girl who has a desire for him again?

Little did they know, there were many more jobs soon they would be working on together.
Could it turn into a fatally love-sick alliance?

Report Post Tip

"That's good to hear. Your words are giving me inspiration because they speak truth and that I commend you for, I was hiding it all this time and for one I didn't know how I SAS supposed to approach you about this; hoping it wasn't at a situation like this but I guess things always happen for a reason. And don't be nervous, my girl is an ass, but I have my decision - I want you." Vegeta said confidently as he calmly put his hand over Cutie's left one, it took him so much time to say this but on another side she must be wondering if I liked her all this time, I just couldn't help my eyes off of her at the Club, something was different but it was only fit for my own personal good and not anyone else's giveaway.

It was Midnight and most traffic wasn't around and people on the streets were more or less at home or somewhere else, people were closing up late shop around this time so it wouldntnhavr made a difference but there's a bigger danger sitting out alone at night because anything can happen, which is why he always carries his pistol with him incase a situation were to escalate with a meaningful reaction time. Anything can happen. Vegeta was just glancing around so he could check his surroundings before his eyes planted right back on cutie. This was definitely the start of something different.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked. Vegeta only wanted to make her feel comfortable.

Report Post Tip

cutie felt herself shiver in the cold, so she nodded and replied a quick yes. As they stood up from the bench, she felt his touch that was still lingering on her hand. She grabbed her bag and looked at the ocean one last time before making their way towards the concrete path. cutie's condo was only a few blocks away, and they reached there as fast as the night grew. They walked inside and she threw her things on the couch. She would have to wake up early again for tomorrow, and she promised herself that she would get sleep. "Thank you Sir for today. For everything, really. I hope you feel better in the morning." But cutie knew that the rainbow doesn't always come after the rain. 

She sat down on the couch and almost buried her face into the pillows. It was a long day, full of surprises and she just didn't want it to end. She heard Vegeta's footsteps coming closer to her, but he walked towards a table. There was a photo of her family. Together looking happy. Vegeta picked it up and smiled softly. 

cutie didn't know what to think honestly. This man was in her house, and it would be rude to tell him to leave. She didn't really know if this is what she wanted. Or what he wanted either. It terrified cutie that so many things can happen in a day. Even more terrifying to know that having feelings for someone in the same kind or organisation can be so destructive. Vegeta was obviously going through a tough time right now, and cutie didn't want to rush anything. There's just times where you need to step off. cutie asked herself if things would even work out between them.

There was a voice inside cutie's head - Efforts should be put into building your own relationships, not hijacking another persons own.

"Vegeta... what are you doing to me?"

Report Post Tip

"What do you mean?" Vegeta was confused when she asked that question, it almost sounded like if he was to blame for manipulation which is something he wasn't trying to do, true feelings can purposely change something but sometimes it's what needs if you want the person to know and for some reason the question cutie asked was odd. Really odd, like if it wasn't even a normal thing to ask after admitting such feelings for someone, he was sitting there with the photo in his hand looking baffled - he put the photo back on the table and stood up because all of a sudden it felt like he wasn't wanted. Vegeta stood up slowly, he didn't want to seem angered which he wasn't at all it's just it was confusing.

Tonight was a different rotation of a dramatic situation turned good, but was it really good? "If you want me to leave.. I can, I'm not gonna get angry or anything because I have to meet with my boss and have a one on one, at least in his terms - told me it was something important and that I get good sleep for the extra job I have to do afterwards, sounds more like a contract but you know what I mean. It's just I don't understand your question." He said while he stood there looking down at cutie while she was on the couch.

Report Post Tip

She immediately started to panic. His tall, shadowy figure made her uncomfortable. "I'm sorry. I guess, I just feel terrible because it's like I stole you from her. But understand that my feelings for you are genuine too. I have a burning passion inside, and it gets brighter the closer you are." 

cutie stood up and moved over a bit to the side. She didn't look at Vegeta for a while after that as she made her way to the doorway. She knew that he had other things to attend to. Vegeta put on his coat and prepared himself for the long way home. He didn't know how to go about this situation right now. He didn't say anything after that. The air was filled with tension. As cutie opened her door to say goodbye, she looked back at him. It was cold outside, and her hands were freezing. She cupped them and blew warm, moist air from her mouth. "It's cold. Do you want another jacket sir?" 

"No, thank you. It's fine. I'll best be on my way now." cutie moved away from the door to let Vegeta through but as she did, their faces were just a few close inches away from each other. She felt herself relax, and she closed her eyes to relieve the pain. When she opened her eyes, she felt herself starting to unwind from her problems. Letting the heart speak for itself for once. 

She didn't know if he was expecting it or not by the way his expression was like. cutie gently pushed him against the door with her hands wrapped around his neck and placed a kiss on his lips that fit so perfectly. cutie started feeling her body move towards him. Then she quickly leaped off him seconds after, trying to keep sane and stop herself from getting flushed.

"Well, I guess this is farewell right?" cutie said.

Report Post Tip

"Yeah. I'll see you around, and don't feel sorry, you didn't steal me away from her if she is the one who ended the relationship in the first place, get what I mean?" He smirked as he opened the door to leave cutie's condo, walking down onto the sidewalk and taking their different paths. Lesson learned that even if the person you can like would like it better if your true feelings spilled out for said person and there and the best thing in a relationship is communication which is something Vegeta may have not expressed when he explained what he was trying to feel for Francesca, guilty that she went off crying he can't do anything about it now; not even to go bother visit her tomorrow morning as Vegeta would have plans to see his boss. Physical attractions are common, but a real mental connection is rare. If you find it, hold onto it - just some words to live by, even in the most dangerous business you can see eye to eye with the person you least expect to find a connection with. Being important to someone is a good thing, not a bad thing. It never was.

I guess, commitment sorrow was something to be stressed about but in the end sorrow turned into importance.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Commitment Sorrow
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL