Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 00:02:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Helping out our own - Assassin. Started by: Squishy on Oct 09, '16 01:23
He should not have to say what he has or does not have. On that note, yes he does have an IU. He has been told on multiple occasions by the VA he CANNOT work. He wishes he could, trust me. It took a lot for him to come and ask for help for a number of reasons...he is embarrassed of this situation, he was afraid of reactions just like he has recieved (and is grateful for the supportive ones).
Report Post Tip

I would love to be able to help out but unfortunately I live month to month myself. I do hope that something good happens for you and that you are not stuck living in your vehicle. Here's to hoping for the best for you.

Report Post Tip

Glad to know he's on that cause he's not once said that before. 

And on that note you know at any time you can get off of IU right? You can call the VA once you find a job and tell them you no longer want to be Individually Unemployed and you can go right to work, immediately. No one is stopping you from working. Thats not how this thing works. This is almost as the same as someone being on welfare benefits and think they cannot work when the rightfully can. Right now, think of what your benefits pays you now, and then think what a full time or heck even a part time would give you. Bam. Thats a lot of dough. Cause right now, thats what I do. Collect on my much lower rating and work full time. Trust me, its much more worth it for your family and for yourself.

Anyone can take my words and spin them thinking I'm hating on someone. I know I'm playing with fire with everyone jumping down my throat but, I am giving some tough words, advice even to a fellow service member. Sometimes the only thing you can do for someone is be tough and hope they understand that they are caring for you. They just want you to succeed.

Report Post Tip

In all honestly mikhailkomarov this isn't the best way for you to be giving him advice if you have the best intentions why not just mail him help him one on one instead of posting here leaving your words to be flipped. It my just be me but if you have the best intentions for him your approach is contrary.

Report Post Tip

It sounds to me like MikhailKomarov has experience in this field, and he's trying to motivate his brother to find a better long term solutions instead of quick patches. If I was in a similar position, I think the last thing on my mind would be MR, especially running a Crew. That itself can be financially taxing and eat up a lot of time that could be used in bettering the situation.

Report Post Tip

In all honesty I thought about that. But only after the fact I already did. You're right Quarantine, I should have. 

Report Post Tip
There should be no need to be afraid of reactions. He needs help and he's asking strangers to give him money. Of course people would want to know exactly what they are giving for. The only negative reactions have been from those attacking Mikhail for trying to be supportive in a way he can be. He literally never suggested to defraud the government. Disabled vets work all the time while collecting their disability from the government. I personally know one disabled vet who gets disability, works a full time job and has his own business. This whole conversation probably could have gone differently if people did not infer their own tones to what is being said. Advice was given, if it can't or won't be taken then so be it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I agree with what MavisBeacon has said about MikhailKomarov's comments. For those jumping down MikhailKomarov's throat, you're doing exactly what you *think* he's doing to Neo

As for Neo and several of his sassy comments of "get all the information" and "it's really none of your business". 

It really actually is their business in this case. You've come to the community asking for help because you've fallen on hard times. Then when someone expresses their opinion and gives you an opportunity to provide more information you're straight up rude. Your whole spiel here and on gofundme, the point of giving a reason is making your business someone else's business and giving them the opportunity to help you out. More information is always better than none, just like more help is always better than none. Honestly, if I was in you're situation Neo, coming out to this whole community asking for help, I wouldn't be such a disrespectful dick.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Its none of anyone's business but yet you seem to come out and ask for money?

You know ratings can change right? This year you may be 100% permanent and total like you say but you could lose it the following year. You can be bumped down to 90% pretty easily if the VA deemed it so. The VA isn't there to help people anymore. You need to learn that. I'm not going to argue or anything else. I am simply trying to point out that maybe you should be doing something. Maybe something under the table or anything else besides pretending to be a mafia crew leader online.

Reply by: MikhailKomarov at Oct 13, '16 04:31

Actually he did suggest working and defrauding the government by working under the table

Report Post Tip
I'm glad that's all you took from one entire paragraph, bravo to you fact checker. See you at the next presidential debate?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

How can I compare Assassin to an illegal immigrant? It's easy because I never did! Illegal immigration is a big problem in the US, just as how the treatment of the United States' Veterans is a big problem. I never once suggested he should risk his income for a few extra illegally obtained dollars. Just as how I never once suggested Scotland would have a chance of leaving the United Kingdom. To imply that I would ever endorse such possibilities is astounding in and of itself.

I do my part for the vets, which is why I contributed to this GoFundMe campaign the second it came to my attention. Additionally, Mr. Donald J. Trump also does his work for the Veterans, he has a great vision for reforming Veteran's Affairs so that the United States' heroes, such as Assassin, can get the care they need whenever and wherever they need it. No backlogs, no red tape, just the support they earned for the service to their country. Here are just some of the points in the plan to reform the Department of Veteran's Affairs, all done in Assassin's interest:

1. Appoint a VA Secretary whose sole purpose will be to serve veterans. Under a Trump Administration, the needs of D.C. bureaucrats will no longer be placed above those of our veterans.

2. Use the powers of the presidency to remove and discipline the federal employees and managers who have violated the public's trust and failed to carry out the duties on behalf of our veterans.

3. Ask that Congress pass legislation that empowers the Secretary of the VA to discipline or terminate any employee who has jeopardized the health, safety or well-being of a veteran.

4. Create a commission to investigate all the fraud, cover-ups, and wrong-doing that has taken place in the VA, and present these findings to Congress to spur legislative reform.

5. Protect and promote honest employees at the VA who highlight wrongdoing, and guarantee their jobs will be protected.

6. Create a private White House hotline, which will be active 24 hours a day answered by a real person. It will be devoted to answering veteran's complaints of wrongdoing at the VA and ensure no complaints fall through the cracks.

7. Stop giving bonuses to any VA employees who are wasting money, and start rewarding employees who seek to improve the VA's service, cut waste, and save lives.

8. Reform the visa system to ensure veterans are at the front of the line for health services, not the back.

9. Increase the number of mental health care professionals, and allow veteran's to be able to seek mental health care outside of the VA.

10. Ensure every veteran has the choice to seek care at the VA or at a private service provider of their own choice. Under a Trump Administration, no veteran will die waiting for service.

If you'd like to do your part, you are free to make a contribution to the GoFundMe as well. Here on MafiaReturns we take care of our own.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Helping out our own - Assassin.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL