Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 06:47:47
Page:  1 
Communicating Future Expansions Started by: Nakamura on Oct 15, '16 11:22

The Chairman had finished up with his weekly visit to the Downtown Chicago Children's Hospital reading to the children every Wednesday at 1 PM.  His driver had pulled up on the curb while the man exited his jet black 1932 Lincoln Lebaron.  A group of bystanders had gathered by to hear the latest address.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Don Gato, Don Oakheart and myself have decided that from this point forward when sending an associate out into the world to run their own operation, especially those who are new operations out in the free cities, please communicate these plans here in the streets before sending that person out on their new venture.  We feel that this would keep others from thinking this was an unsanctioned move and for their weapons to stay holstered.  The last thing that any of us need at this point would be more accidental bloodshed when it comes to a lack or or just plain miscommunication.

In the past, we have allowed on these to transpire by word of mouth between fellow crew leaders and family heads, but sometimes those plans were not properly communicated between the members of every crime organization through out the six cities.  Our goal is to eliminate any lack of communication to take place and to have more folks gather in the streets to gather certain information.

If you have any questions about this new arrangement, please address your concerns here.

Report Post Tip

MikhailKomarov was one of the bystanders that gathered around the Godfather Chairman. The Godfather spoke about something that Mikhail thought to be well worth mentioning across the country. As the country had already seen enough bloodshed, it was still needing to rebuild. He turned to his friend IrinaPetrov as he whispered...

"This was definitely needed. Enough bloodshed in the past several weeks have taken place, a simple street announcement really could potentially save lives. I know my great grandfathers always spoke about street notices before a new organization set up shop. This was definitely needed."

He turned away from Irina as she nodded in agreement. Mikhail listened to the rest of the notice before leaving the streets. He had his own matters at hand with the up and coming Bath house opening shortly.

Report Post Tip

I have a bit of a question. Normally I have seen something prior to someone setting up until now.

Your speech does not state what would happen if anything if it was not addressed beforehand in the streets.  So I guess my question is, is there a negative side effect of not following this other than perhaps accidentally getting shot at by someone who was not informed?

Report Post Tip

I guess we just found that out.

Report Post Tip
A good idea. Perhaps it should be expanded upon, and burgeoning crew leaders should sport a tag before venturing out on their own?
Report Post Tip

I'm not sure why they would have to sport a tag. A speech in the streets, and a letter to the masses should be enough. I don't know all the facts, but I'm going to assume that Imperial was not killed do to mistaken identity.

Report Post Tip
Did the leader remind the individual of the requirements of setting up? As much as this incident is a failure to respect the rules that are clearly laid out here, the leader, or any leader with a member wishing to venture out on their own should be reminding them of the rules.
Report Post Tip
Let's call it part of 'communicating to the masses, Anghrist. A crew leader speaks out about one of his members' intentions to set up. The future crew leader dons his tag, and then makes his move. It is my humble opinion that these two things might render 'no pew pew' mass mails obsolete. Which would be a great thing, as I have enough to sort through as it is.
Had I not overheard a close friend of Imperial's at the funeral, I would never have even known the name of the crew he'd set up in that brief period of time.
Report Post Tip
Harper always stops to listen to a well established person as a Godfather Chairman speak.

I think this is a very beneficial requirement. Not only does it give you a chance to introduce your crew to the masses, it also opens the door for communication. It enables you to extend opportunities in your organization, as well your intentions of working well within the community.
Report Post Tip
Turning her attention to Mercedes_Kompressor.

I have asked about that in the psst. Seems the very first thing you would do as a new crew would to sport the name of your organization, but was told it's not always the case or required. I agree it might save you a bullet but don't think it would eviate the necessity of a mass mail.
Report Post Tip

Bjorn strides in and reviews the transcripts of the speech given by Nakamura and the reactions after

I wonder how people who have been planning to set up an outpost, an extension of an existing family or have envisioned their own operations could be less than optimally prepared. If you have been in contact with your family lead for a longer period discussing and planning these steps wouldn't your former family head have advised, nay, required you to prepare a public announcement of your operations??

I would not feel confident letting one of my members leave for a free city try out without knowing he or she is prepared to the best point possible nor would i allow another business to start alongside me in NY that would not be prepared for such a step...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Absolutely think that this is the best foot forward. I said it on day one when the world was starting to take shape. Its a must, even if we have an open style of different cities there still has to be some measure of control. This will help with that for sure. 

Question though, We have seen @Roah move his operation, he sent notifications to all of the worlds upper structure and explained that he would be announcing it, out here, to the streets, "soon". Doesn't this negate the whole idea of doing a street speech before the actual move? We have already seen a crew leader shot down for pretty much the same thing. 

We either have to Make sure we are prepared and come out here and announce it before hand, or we dont. There isnt a grey area here. Just food for thought. 

Report Post Tip

To continue on insta's speech, I think it is always good to send a "personnal" message to announce something a crew leader will do, like moving to another city or just to announce someone is going to set up a HQ somewhere.

However as it was mentionned before, it is also very important to announce it in the streets in the most formal way before actions are taken, it is  a mark of respect in my opinion and our community obviously needs it to avoid any kind of incidents.

Report Post Tip

This rule is the result of quite some people expressing their concerns about the lack of information regarding new crews emerging.
Because of this, Godfather Nakamura put this rule in place. This is to guarantee that people don't have to worry if they see a new crewleader walking the streets.

Well, sort of. Even though we opened many of the cities for all kinds of entrepreneurs, we didn't put up the any rules regarding announcements for a reason. Anyone with malicious intent could do a public announcement, regardless of their planned actions in the coming hours. That fact raises the question whether that announcement really offers any security. In my time here I haven't seen any people that proclaimed themselves a crewleader, sat quietly for a while so everyone could see they were around... and than proceeded to cause harm. People who want to cause harm usually don't give up initiative. 

However, it's something that's been requested by many figures in the community, so here it is. The recently deceased Imperial found out what the price was for not adhering to the rule. We shouldn't forget that the rule serves a purpose though. We shouldn't abuse it for situations that don't really need the rules. If anything, the rule gives order in a society. A new crewleader emerging changes the way things are. It adds a variable to our lives. Although it's probably wise for any action to be properly communicated before it happens, I don't feel that Roah's move really changes much for the community. It doesn't challenge us to work with a new variable.

Report Post Tip

RobOakheart i agree there isn't a specific variable that changes, as you have rightly said- its not a new crew leader setting up shop. Like ive said to you in public before, i think that there should always be a communal communication when it comes to taking on that bold suit, no matter if its conventional or not. As for imperials death, Id be blunt and say that they should Have known better. Although there wasnt any specific rule communicated out prior to his death about the "need" to come out to the streets, or it will end up in your death. While i agree with his death, i can maybe see the POV from both sides. 

As for the move, while it doesnt change many variables it does however change the dynamics of two cities. I think in the interest of public demand (as it has been for the need of an auth speech)  For me, its still just as important that its communicated in the very same way. Especially given the situation surrounding Tony Costas move. I know that was a war scenario and might not be the perfect one to use, but i think the point still stands and is valid. While there maybe no punishment for this move in general, dynamically wise i would like to see the same rules apply and a speech made for a move of this nature. 

Report Post Tip

I can see that, insta. I think these different incidents since the rule has been announced, do give us reason to incorporate these scenario's in the rules. And we probably want to discuss matching punishments for violating rules in a specific scenario as well. I'll ask for thoughts on the matter in the next meeting we'll schedule with all the crewleaders. It's really their responsibility to know what the rules are and to share this with any people that want to make a move of any kind in this world.

That said, there was a rule communicated prior to Imperial's death. There was no punishment communicated. But I don't think that the punishment should make the difference whether we keep the rules or not. Together we should want to uphold our community and our action or inaction should't be about evading death or taxing or whatever.

Report Post Tip
Thank you sir. I think thats a great idea mooving forward. I appreciate the clarification.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Communicating Future Expansions
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL