Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 21:03:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Let's Talk: Changes Started by: Dusty on Oct 16, '16 22:30

Hi dusty, you're correct, first and foremost the whole process starts with great and well informed recruitment. It has too. We have some very well versed members of this society that do this extremely well others not so much. Maybe its an educational process from the current crew leaders so they teach their respective recruiters the best practice for their family. So maybe crew leaders have that responsibility to arm those who can recruit with the tools that best explain who that specific family operates. So instead of letting your recruiters just recruit the way they want, maybe put some frame work in place that is respective and true to that family. So this way, the prospective associate at least knows who that crew leader operates, am i making sense? im not sure im coming across how i mean it too. 

To be honest, even if each crew leader implements something like this, we all know that its not going to work 100% of the time. So i suppose this suggestion offers the "new" associate the chance to think again. Maybe, we could, like you said, work these two ideas in conjunction with each other.

so,  A crew leader has a rough guideline of who he wants his sponsor men to recruit, or gives them specific things that he would want new recruits to know.  A recruit buys into it and joins. the recruit finds out that basically his new crew isnt as advertised and can prove as such, maybe then the chance to move comes into play. I think maybe this way it covers a lot of basis, best of both worlds? 

I really hope ive explained that correctly, sometimes it doesnt come out as it sounds in my head.

Report Post Tip

Well from my point of view and i try and get as much from a recruit during the process as possible to tailor any possible training to their weaknesses.   For those more experienced we can stand off a bit and target questions as they arise but the truth is there is always going to be elements who come and just doesn't like how the criminal underwold works, so go back to working a regular job outside our business.

Have seen some start off with gusto then dissapear or i have a near 250 day old earner.  The truth is as much as you try competitions, involvement, training and communication you may gain 3 and lose 1 along the way.   Some come and go laying under cover so the parole officer doesn't catch up the them, others just serve as an inspiration.

As much as you can train a sponsor or recruit, sometimes people will hide their past coz of mis-trust

Report Post Tip

I like what you have both said. It makes sense that they would both be joined together in some sort of way. Not always the recruiters fault as there are so many factors that could be seen at a much later date then just from that initial conversation.

If the recruitment process was upped, and associates were well informed then the likelihood of transfer could be much smaller.  Karen makes some good points that sometimes steam just runs out or for whatever reason their intentions may not always be true from the start.  Either way tying the tie could be a benefit for all parties in some degree.

I think this discussion has been quite productive. I wonder if anyone else has anything they'd like to share.

Report Post Tip

Why are people in rank ignoring a street thugs thoughts?

Report Post Tip

Who is being ignored?

Report Post Tip
Dusty I agree with you 100%. Reading from my family journals sponsorship was taken very seriously. First of all it was a honor to be entrusted with this responsibility. The responsibility of giving a associate the tools necessary for them to work and learn to earn their bones and be acceptable by the Boss to become a member of the family. You try to get them active and motivated so you don't find them sleeping in the corner somewhere. In today's world you have to screen them, keep a eye on them, asking the right questions to ensure they aren't moles or turncoats. I've read were rogues destroyed entire crews.
Its about taking pride in what you created. You have to vouch for them. The rewards for molding a true mobster to become a asset to family benefits all.
I've heard it said your hard work wouldn't be wasted, your training would make the associate a better fit in the community. I say the hell with that shit. It's like saying here let me teach you how to earn money doing petty crimes and selling drugs so you can make money for someone else, or to use a gun so you can go out in the community and use it against me.
Surely the associates are a viable part of the organization and shouldn't be taken lightly. But let's not forget they have to prove themselves. We give them to tools to shine.
Also we need to take in consideration why they want to leave. Not following the rules and thinking they don't have to tribute and support the family aren't options.
Report Post Tip

Harper, may I ask what questions you think would help improve recruitment?

As far as teaching goes, I believe everyone has the right to learn better whether they work for you or not. I am not saying that anyone wants to teach people so that they can leave their family. I choose to look at it that I have taken the time to hopefully teach someone a better way of doing things. A better attitude for them to want to stay in our community regardless of whom they work for. We know that each person teaches different things. Some have stronger strengths in certain fields of knowledge.

I don't have to like it if I were someone teaching others but it does not mean I will feel it is a waste of my time.

Report Post Tip
Dusty it might be my mobster mentality. I work to make the family stronger. I treasure what I have learned and particular with whom I share it with. If you are not willing to do what it takes don't waste my time. That's the philosophy my ancestors instilled in me. This is not a game it's a way of life and not everyone can handle it. I don't take to kindly to anyone taking my efforts somewhere else in the community.
It's not easy explaining and teaching all the ins and outs a associates needs to get off and running. The journey to Made is not an easy one. With the right tools it's so much easier. Making yourself accessible for all the questions is a chore in itself.
So no,if they don't work for the family I could care less and it's not my job to make them a asset to the community. It's my job to make them strong for the family.
Report Post Tip

Harper, fair enough. That is how you feel but I stand a little different on it. 

Thank you for your time and sharing your thoughts with me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Let's Talk: Changes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL