Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:41:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
It is still fabulous and it is still Philly! Started by: Tellurium on Oct 20, '16 15:01

Let me first start by saying that questioning decisions should not be taken as disrespect. I think a crew leader should be able to handle a little criticism in the streets. Yelling "disrespect" every time someone points out a possible crack in the foundation of your city, is a path not in tune with the ways of our new world. That's not to say that we should throw out consequences for actual disrespect, we should simply call a spade a spade.

Congratulation Luxuria, I look forward to seeing how you can improve Philly.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Anghrist you will forgive me if I keep this short and sweet I have a party I have slipped away from briefly in Philly that requires my attendance.

I don't believe we have met before so firstly hello.....secondly I feel I have spoken enough here and yet not overly about what happened today in making Philly stronger and better. I am always happy to be challenged - however the only challenge I have heard is that Philly should not allow a certain rank or bloodline to take a role here. I do not accept that and it is certainly not in keeping with our understanding of the new world. 

You will of heard the communications and consideration that went into that from others in the City - we do not feel in this 'free world' the need to expand any further on this. We are are a free city and in collaboration those that freely set up here chatted we made a choice, end of.

Report Post Tip

Dusty had been waiting in the shadows so she would not disturb the celebrations but something had caught her attention. Stepping out of the shadows she smiled as politely as she could at the people gathered around.

It seems a shame that this celebration has gotten to this point. I was not going to attend for a few reasons. I wasn't originally going to make an appearance because I do not know Luxuria at all but I had noticed the way people have been going up in bold lately from Philly. This will lead to questions, such as the one JaxTeller raised. 

Questioning our leaders is not an automatic sign of disrespect. Sometimes these things will lead to discussions that could improve the way that leader handles themselves or at the very least gives them some food for thought. Personally, I would not want to see us resort to people being afraid to come into the streets.

Our system in this community is based on the favours system. Right now we as a community are aware that the free cities are just that, free. There is no one in direct charge of them, but the way you speak seems to imply that you have taken on this role for yourself. In this system do you feel it is wise to put up people in bold that may be good for the community, but have yet to show that? I would wonder if it is wise to give off the impression that you run Philadelphia? Maybe it is not something you meant to give  up but it is an impression that is being given.

Out of curiosity though, have you taken any time to consider that just because you don't agree with what someone is saying, that perhaps if they feel a certain way that others might too? Sometimes it isn't said directly to a person but rather to other people.

Report Post Tip

No one from Philly is saying it is disrespectful to speak their mind, however when you come into a celebration and bash a CL when they have not even had the promotion for an hour... that's disrespectful. I would never insult a CL at their celebration, as I said before there is a time and place for everything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but being negative during someone's promotion ceremony is uncalled for.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps it was not the best of times KL, but this celebration has lead us to discussion at this point. I cannot speak for JaxTeller, but I am guessing they felt very strongly about it. However, we are no longer just talking about one comment but rather the whole discussion that has been at hand here.

Report Post Tip

As Tellurium had stated earlier, no one knew the situation on why Luxuria was promoted. Honestly its no one's business other then Philly. All I know is if members of Philly walked in to a ceremony and bashed a CL, no one would be happy about it.

Report Post Tip

If I recall correctly KL, that Tellurium did indeed state what it was that was looked at in replying to JaxTeller.  To be fair though Philadelphia is a free city so all anyone truly needs is permission from their leader and the money to fund their HQ. They don't necessarily have to earn it or deserve it to take on a claim in the city. So really the reasoning for a promotion is neither here nor there as it is not really a concern. There are other things that are concerning though that I have stated previously.

Report Post Tip

Joe stepped up to add one last comment.

"Its not what was said, its how it was said, I already said that. I indeed praised those who raised questions in a respectful matter, however I condemned those whom did not, I will say no more on this topic, and no more is needed to be said.'

This being said, he walked off into the distance where his motorcycle could be heard cranking off and rolling away with a thunderous roar.

Report Post Tip

Neveah had been watching the fuss on the streets since the most recent crew announcement and honestly found it a bit amusing. She had never actually spoke up before, as very often she didn't really see the point, but this particular situation caught her interest. 

"I don't really see how Tellurium is speaking like she's somehow the leader of Philly. I see a crew leader who auth'd one of their crew members speaking about her decision. She says we quite often, implying a consensus in PH - if the other crew leaders in Philly feel comfortable with her speaking on their behalf, who are we to stop them? Isn't that the point of the free cities, to let them govern themselves? Not to mention, both Raoh and JoeRosoga have come out here and voiced their support of Luxuria. No where in the discussions regarding free cities did it say that those crews couldn't auth from within themselves. Not to mention, we don't know what discussion was held behind closed doors. Luxuria could easily have gone to Tellurium and stated she wanted to run a crew like her mother had before her, as soon as she was old enough and she wanted that crew to be in PH. That would be her right, with PH being a free city."

Neveah shook her head for a moment, looking around at the crowd.

"I agree that there's nothing wrong with voicing their opinions. Could it be disrespectful to make such comments at a congratulatory announcement? Sure. But that's the risk you take coming out here on the streets. It's a free world and people can comment as they wish. But I also think many people have made assumptions and are somehow implying that Philly is in the wrong for their two recent auths instead of congratulating the free city for working together and growing stronger. So I, for one, raise my glass to Luxuria and congratulate her and the city of Philly on opening new doors and continuing to grow and flourish." 

Report Post Tip

To me the most interesting part of people filling up cities whether the outside world find it favourable or not, and secondly it will force people into attacking now or facing consequences to move in to South Philly.   We have a population growing in age, bodyguards and guns now and with cities not wanting to look simply as powerhouses; sooner or later we will see more people moving out and looking at which is the most potentially unfavoured.

So i sit watching with trying to see all sides the favour/unfavour system, not seeing the internal workings of PH, what PH and the inviduals produce from this, the outside view and of course what I and other leaders, hands may have witnessed so far.  To me this is part of the interest and the worry of the free city operations as previously stated anyone can set up.

For now I watch as I see people seize the day and hope they make the most of it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: It is still fabulous and it is still Philly!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL