Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 22:23:07
Page:  1 
Been That Way Started by: cutie on Oct 21, '16 18:35

This man saw her everyday at work, giving her assistance and made more than enough money from petty crimes to lend her some spare cash when she was short. The little things that no one else really cared for, he was the one who gave his all. He's just that guy. No matter how small the job was, it would be planned out effectively and, executed perfectly. There would be no evidence of it after whatsoever, and if ever someone threatened to rat him out he would, well actually... some things are better left unsaid. cutie knows there's more to say, but she shuts her eyes and reflects on the memories she made with him. Her friend sits across from her in the diner. cutie buries her face in her hands. "I'm so..... done." It's been months of lost communication. "You can't erase what you did. You pushed him out of your life." He still attempts to start a conversation, and includes cutie in family discussions. Despite everything that this man did to cutie and himself, cutie couldn't say that she didn't appreciate his effort in trying to rekindle that friendship. It reminds cutie to try too.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It was hard to think that they were not talking anymore because they clicked when this man and cutie first met each other. It's like having a reunion with a friend you haven't seen for a while. Their first day together consisted of getting to know each member of the family, and the ways of the mafia. There were rules that cutie and him looked over. One of them was: never turn your back on each other. You could hate the other person more than anyone else, but cutie knows that she should never turn her back on anyone in the family. He knew when to be serious and when to goof around. It made cutie feel comfortable and things started going from there. This man had humility in his heart but he knew when someone was taking advantage of his kindness. cutie learnt how to hold a gun, how to aim at the target and recover mentally from killing someone. After years of learning experience, cutie could hit at something with a closed eye. Her willpower was a key factor, but she couldn't thank this man enough.

Report Post Tip

They were still in the diner. cutie noticed her friend blinking her eyes too much to stop herself from sleeping on the table, so she called for the waitress. "Katrina, we're okay for the night. Thanks love." cutie gave her a tip and told her friend to get her stuff. The waitress thanked them and told cutie to give her a call if she needed help with anything. "Bye cutie, and your friend. Take care." They waved goodbye and slowly stood up from the leather booth, brushing off the bread crumbs from their jeans. "It's chilly." Her friend said, while cupping her hands over her mouth. cutie grabbed her arm and they both walked over to a nearby bench where cutie could see her car. cutie continued the conversation and thinks back to the rules. She notices that this man, even with his careful planning, always tried to evade the rules which made everything a little bit more dangerous. He always told her that sometimes you have to break the restrictions, or else you'll feel confined and lose track of what you're doing.

Report Post Tip

cutie's friend turned her head. "You guys barely talk anymore, but he still sounds like he wants to earn your trust and friendship back. He's trying for you, you know. I don't know why you won't let him talk to you." It sort of relieved cutie at nights she couldn't sleep because she convinces herself that no one else would have been partnered up better with her. The situation at hand confused everyone, including cutie herself. Anyways, it wasn't as if cutie was angry at him. The good things outweighed the bad, and cutie didn't hold grudges. He was still family, and still loyal to the people he was serving under. His presence was still at the headquarters everyday, earlier than everyone else, organizing meetings for the boss. The boss fully explained to cutie and him on their first day the importance of finding and connecting with a partner. Being partnered up as a hitter squad was a big deal. The thing that changed everything and ruined their friendship was something cutie wanted to discuss later, as she looks to he right and sees her friend snoozing off.

Report Post Tip

The car was close by, so cutie was relieved she didn't have to drag her friend for a long distance. The moon was setting down, and cutie's friend collapsed into the passenger seat. cutie started the ignition and the engine starts. She clicks her friend's seat belt around her and cutie does the same for herself. She drives into the night, remembering what her friend had said to her. cutie didn't need anyone telling her that he's trying. Just a few days ago, he had approached cutie and told her straight up that he'd be willing to be there for her. cutie kept on driving, trying to keep her eyes on focus. The problem was that she had built walls for herself after the changes, and she didn't really allow anyone to help her for a few months. It's different now, but she hasn't moved on from what happened. So because of that, cutie couldn't let anyone in. Only if she could tell her mind and soul to take a rest, she would let him in but easy come easy go. 

Report Post Tip

She pulled up at her friend's house and walked around to her door to let herself walk out. cutie stood there in the dark, with her hands to her hips. "Come on now love, we got things to do tomorrow." Her friend groaned and squinted her eyes to see a little bit of cutie's face under some light. "You kind of kept me up though." cutie's friend stretched her arms out wide and slowly opened her eyes fully. She yawns gracefully in cutie's face. cutie helps her up and grabs her waist to support her. Suddenly, cutie got a flashback of all the times she was the designated driver for her friend and she laughed. "What's funny?" Her friend asked. cutie shook her head back into reality and turned the key into the door. They kissed each other's cheek, then cutie heard the door silently shut. She turned around back to her car. As she start the car up once again, she thought about the conversation that unfolded in the diner leading to now. Truly, before laying in her bed to sleep that night, she found herself wanting to be around and with him, because his soothing words were those cutie wanted the most. 

Report Post Tip

The sun was up bright and early. A rare day for cutie to feel this good. She cracked her back, and stood up slowly trying to recover. cutie pulled the curtains open, and the light almost blinded her. She closed the curtains and laid back in bed. Talk about lazy, eh. cutie wanted to get to work early, so she reminded herself not to be a lazy ass and get herself up. Her work clothes were already set on her couch. She grabbed them and made her way into the walk-in closet to change. cutie fixes her hair, and lets it down. It's been a while since she's done that. It was time to let loose. cutie adds some finishing touches, and grabs her briefcase and car keys. She walks down the stairs of the apartment building and makes attempt to try and not fall on her face. cutie placed herself in the drivers seat and turned the key into the ignition. The car starts, and she looks at all the people walking by. Then she bangs her head into the steering wheel and closes her eyes. She was honestly sick and tired. cutie started to remember the change, and her breath started to hitch. 

Report Post Tip

Some things were untold. Or maybe just not said to anyone else but cutie. cutie and this man opened up to each other on the first day. Talking about interests, intentions and goals. A few of them was owning a hotel right in the middle of LA with the highest paying customers and spending time with lots of women while smoking Mary Jane. cutie found it funny when he had told her that he wasn't really the one to settle down. In that moment, cutie just started laughing about what he was trying to achieve but things changed. cutie took a deep breath and thought about the changes again. Out of the blue, about a year after that conversation on their first meeting, he got everything he wanted. The drugs, money, women, power and further knowledge was earned. When cutie had saw him on that day, she walked up to him and tried to congratulate him. This man swerved on her, and completely ignored her existence. He changed in the sense that he became egotistical, arrogant and ruthless. Money was the root of evil. The money changed cutie's friend, and it did fucking hurt because he was the one that accompanied cutie in her first few months. Since the change, cutie and him never spoke a word to each other. All this man wants to do is smoke marijuana with his lady and make more money than he used to. What confused and hurt cutie the most was that, she never figured out how, why, what, when, who. How did he change? Why did he change? What did he change? When did he change? Who changed him? cutie didn't like thinking about it, and tried to block the thought of it as she walked past the big black gates of the villa (headquarters).

Report Post Tip

All these girls that cutie saw coming in and out of his office, made her jealous. Not the lovey-jealous kind, but the kind of jealous where they got more attention compared to how distant she was from him now. cutie didn't know why he was destroying himself like this. She always tried to tell him to be careful of those cats that try to crawl underneath your skin and steal everything you have. cutie saw him that morning, with a lady wearing a revealing dress. Just before she walked out with a building she whispered something in his ear. He wrapped his arms around her and said something aloud to her. "There's no price on the love I have for you. I'll buy you anything your heart desires." cutie heard this and she glared at this man and the lady as she kisses him goodbye. She continues to glare at him, until he notices her standing by the couches in distress. Never cutie would have thought that on this day, he'd speak to her for the first time in months. This man walks up to her, his leather shoes making an echo in the villa. "Alas, why do you look sad?"

Report Post Tip

cutie wasn't going to let his pride rain down on her. She stood up straight and remained in a calm state. "I don't see why you waste time with girls who you know are going to end up leaving you." cutie looked up at him, looking like she was on the verge of madness. This man was definitely not expecting what she said because he always thought that she'd be the one to beat around the bush. He was being challenged. He sat down on the chair next to her. "I have a confession to make." This man looks down at the ground, unsure if cutie even cared about him anymore but... he felt like he needed to get out of his aching chest. cutie was also unsure, because the amount of time that they spent together on their first meeting all suddenly went away. It was like it never mattered to him. She started to feel him getting on her nerves, but she nods. "I'm going to say apologies for everything even when I know you won't accept it. I just want to tell you that I haven't forgotten where I came from.." cutie didn't understand. He was coming up to her now, after so many months, to tell her this. She got out of her chair and walked away from him to create a little distance. It was too awkward to say anything now. He felt extremely terrible. This man put his hand to his forehead in distress. He walked away, knowing that he made everything even more worse than before. cutie heard his footsteps going further away, and she turned around. "What's gotten into you? What's changed?" she said. The man stopped abruptly. He didn't look back at her. He started to feel reluctant. "I guess I had a hard time showing it at first but.." 

Report Post Tip

Maybe it was all just a front. Maybe it was an experiment. Maybe it was just normal. People change, right? cutie thought to herself, as she stared at his back facing her. In that moment, his words were like the ocean waves. The sound of it keeping her sane and relaxed. He was looking head, his eyes fixated on a plant vase near the window. No one else was in the villa, as they all rushed out to grab lunch. It was just the two of them. "but what?" cutie replied earnestly. 

But... it's been that way. I still am the same person you met on our very first day. Listen to me, and believe me when I say that I tried hard to maintain the friendship we had. It's always been that way though, just you and me out on the streets doing petty crimes. It's always, always been that way. The truth is that, there was never a problem. People change constantly, and if they aren't, then it's probably a bad thing. I guess for me, instead of getting a greater sense of the world - I drowned myself in my ego. It just seems like I haven't noticed myself change because its hard to when you're yourself and when you don't have an outside perspective. 

Report Post Tip

Creating that distance between herself and this man was something that both of them caused. Not one person, but both of them. He recalls a simple quote in his head, that sometimes pops up in his head when he's thinking about their... lost friendship. It takes two to tango. He took a deep breath and waited for what cutie had to say. She had her mouth slightly open, confronted by his words but she knew all too well that he meant what he said. She takes a minute to take in the moment. "I just want to say something more." He said, while still looking ahead. cutie nodded. "Go ahead." This man turns around and walks closer to cutie. She wasn't easily intimidated, and she raised an eyebrow. "You have to understand though that it wasn't just me. It's you as well. Like I'm the one to blame and you're innocent..." cutie started to feel remorse for what she had done. Her friend was telling her that she kept on pointing fingers at this man but now cutie could see that she was putting all the weight on him. He continued to speak. "I try to make a way, make a difference." cutie looked down at the ground. She was pushing him away all this time.

Report Post Tip

He lifts her chin up with his hand, and tilts his head slightly. "Cheer up, buttercup. We got work to do." he said. cutie nodded her head slowly, confused to what he said. "Are we working together again?" cutie replied. He walked to his office and came back with a document, which he handed over to cutie. "Here is all the files for each men. The boss has assigned us to catch these men who tried throwing threats at our boss just two days ago. I've been meaning to tell you about it, but... this was the perfect time." cutie was looking through the document and saw that these men were notoriously known for hiding, never to be seen again. She flicked through more pages, and there was the locations for the clinic they own. cutie raised her head shockingly. "Yes. Indeed, they are dentists..." he said. She was even more terrified to know that they weren't just those gangsters out on the streets. They're dentists, and the reason they are good at hiding is probably because they have a lot of connections already. cutie knew that, but she never was that terrified to back down. There was one other thing she wanted to know. "Why do you want to work with me all of a sudden? Not that I don't like it, but why? After all that I did to you?" Before walking back into his office to get his briefcase and gun, he turned to cutie again. "Nothing will change the connection we have and the way we work together, and I don't have a problem with that. There's nothing to complain about." he said. cutie smiled, and she put on her coat and headed outside waiting for him in the car.

Report Post Tip

Few minutes later, cutie saw him walk briskly down the stairs of the headquarters with his briefcase and gun, which he hid in his pocket shortly after. As he placed himself in the drivers seat, cutie was by his side in the passenger seat, with a smile. She was looking outside, admiring the sunset. He felt happy too, as her own happiness radiated from her to him. "Why the big smile?" he chuckled. There was some awkward tension for a few moments, before cutie replies. "What can I say, every time I get near you I want that old thing back. Now bring it to me." cutie winked, and he knew exactly what she meant. The engine started, and he drove away from the villa into the streets. The first place they planned to search was their clinic. Most likely they weren't there, but it was a good start to see if there was anything they left behind that could be used as a guide. They continued to drive along, and finally, cutie could see a plain white building in the distance. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Been That Way
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL