Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 14:59:58
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Question about felony Started by: Midnight on Oct 22, '16 09:42
It's more of a curiosity thing iv asked before in chat but there's so many different answers. So first question how come when your cracking a safe or something it will only ever reach 99% mo matter how many you do after it only goes to 99% never 100. Is there a reason? Also on achievements one of the achievements is pick 50 locks. The first lock seems to go 1% per lock you break right? So why do I need to get to approx 70-80% to get the 50 achievement? If that makes any sense lol like 50% and it's going 1% every success you get wouldn't it be 50%? Ok that's all I'll be quiet now lol
Report Post Tip

st question how come when your cracking a safe or something it will only ever reach 99% mo matter how many you do after it only goes to 99% never 100. Is there a reason?

To my knowledge nothing in this game is 100% chance of success no matter what it is, no matter how good you are you can random fail OC's, Petties, wack, and even felonies. So no matter if you are picking a lock, cracking a safe, or blackmailing the mayor there is at least a 1% chance of failure.

The first lock seems to go 1% per lock you break right? So why do I need to get to approx 70-80% to get the 50 achievement? If that makes any sense lol like 50% and it's going 1% every success you get wouldn't it be 50%?

I personally have never paid close attention to it but, it might go up by more than 1% sometimes also when you successfully pick the lock.

Report Post Tip

You are correct, Winston. Often if you pick a lock or crack a safe perfectly, you'll get a message that advises how well you did it. Instead of just unlocking/picking it, you've done it so well that your % goes up by more than just 1%.

Also, something many seem to be unaware of, you need to be at 99% of each Safe/Lock before the next crime of the same nature will start to gain any %. e.g

Pick a Hartmann lock.

Has to be 99% before

Pick a Deluxe lock.

Gains any %.

Report Post Tip
I guess that makes sense but the 99% thing still confuses. Maybe it just hurts my OCD more than anything lol
Report Post Tip

Not much to be confused about unfortunately. 

The % stays at 99% because, like Winston said, there's always a chance you could fail. In an RP aspect, you're picking a safe.. You've done it thousands of times before. But there's always a chance a cop could catch you. So the % would therefore never be 100%.

And for the second question, I've noticed that when you force open a safe, it doesn't gain 1%. It gains less. I'm assuming because forcing open the safe is easier than going through the process of clicking the lock three times then attempting to open.. 

So I hope that helps clarify a bit further. :)

Report Post Tip

ok I think I finally got it figured out haha I thought it was % to completion not %chance of success lol that's me being dumb! thanks guys :)

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Question about felony
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL