Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 14:11:27
Page:  1 
Obligations of a CrewLeader Started by: BrotherHec on Oct 25, '16 04:46

Obligation is a funny word to me.

BrotherHec stretches out his hand and drops a few coins into the paupers hat. 

Often there is this idea that crew leaders, family heads, have these certain obligations to fulfill. Obligations that will make their crew run in tip top performance. These are the foundation which is meant to build to ecstatic heights. The duties one is required to fill for the many. The hat a leader wears to ensure the growth, safety, success, and activity of a crew. 

Adjusting his tie as the late Great Gatsby would often do to pause in between moments of reflection, BrotherHec silently breathed. By the breath taken you could be sure there was a hint of frustration that was looming about in his mind. The way his shoulders seemed to be more tense than usual. What was causing such irritation to a crew leader of Chicago?

Im not sure where a majority of you stand on the duties of leading crews. I believe I am one of the best crew leaders to ever set foot in this world. Sure that may sound arrogant but you have to believe that about yourself. I believe I have one of the best damn crews one would ever join, from their charitable donations to their activity in our hq bar, yes we still have an hq bar because I believe in creating community with ones members. 

As he watched the pauper continue to hold his hat out he looked on as others dropped their two cents in the hat. People wouldn't even look into the poor boys face. He didn't even bother saying thankyou as he has grown accustomed to the donations he has received.

I fear many crew leaders fall into this trap. This trap of acceptance of ones work for them. We fall into this belief, "oh I am their leader I keep them safe, they must tribute to me! For if they do not they are finished." I know this trap all too well. It's a prideful one. The one of expectation where as leaders no longer look to serve their members but look to be served. I can't help but ponder how many of our crew leaders become like this young boy here begging for money. Sure we all need it but no one looks him in the eyes they don't even know his name. Perhaps this is a bit of a stretch but the similarities I imagine you could easily see with me. I don't want to be this kind of leader.

BrotherHec brought forth a few of his made men and watched as they slowly filled the atmosphere around. They all stared out in the distance and continued to listen to what BrotherHec was saying.

Lately, in listening to the recent bashes of Philadelphia and Chicago for street presence I began to think what it altogether means to be asked to set up. I think, even when we are wise guys we kind of want to be a bold suited man or woman. Sure we deny it and pretend that it's not in our minds until finally someone comes to you and says, "I need you." The need. What is that? What does it mean to be needed as a crew leader?

twas not so long ago I was criticized for being lacksadaiscal in my approach to helping form my younger members. Shortly before that I was questioned for allowing ship jumpers into the Regime. So I sat and thought for a bit. Maybe I was a bit careless with my approach on forming the best crew ever and I let down members by not taking more time to be with them to see them through the selling of their drugs and their first durden kill. I like to think I was never lazy with any of my members but only they can be the judge of that. 

Im sure the sons of fallen Regime associates will speak out and state how I was the very reason their parent had died. They died due to my lack of care for them. They died due to my lack of presence for them. They died and every shot I had to make was a rough one for me when it was against someone I was ready to call family.

BrotherHec clears his throat and drinks water. 

So this leads me to ask: what are the duties of a crew leader for you? What is it you look for a crew leader to be? 

I believe every crew leader must have the essentials, a gun that they train. A presence whether in the street or with their city, a servant orientated leadership, a belief in their members to achieve their own success and a desire to push them in that direction, I believe a crew leader should make attempts to be the one speaking to the members rather than waiting for their members to speak to them. I believe that a minor focus should be ensuring his people's loyalty remain to his superiors before him. I believe that a leader should strive to do all they can to help out their members in every facet of this world so their sons may be greater and who they are outside of the suit is changed positively.

we must have boundaries. We can't be everywhere all the time. That would certainly be unhealthy if we were always Robbing post offices. I think a leader must hold true to his word for his members and if he demands or hopes for loyalty then he should earn it by showing it to his members himself.

brotherhec leans back against the wall. Looking at the pauper who collected so much money he smiles. The little pauper smiles back after stuffing his pocket with the cash he gathered from the passing around during the speech. BrotherHec turns to the pauper and speaks at him as he walks away.

Good hustle today Matthew? Make sure you tribute some of that up or I'll be taking that hat from you real soon. 

Report Post Tip
Before I became A legitimate member of CLS. I was a new amsterdam member. Boy, these two crews have been the best family I have ever had comparing to the journals my father and other lineage of my blood had. When I was a good ol thug scavenging what remains of the great war this country suffers, I am but certain that I will join a big apple crew, lucky for me, it was the recent Godfather Rob sole crew in the city. I am determined to get there and luckily I was accepted as their associate.

BBG notices that he is far out of the topic so he decided to make things short.

So for the answer to your question brotherhec, besides from what you mentioned a crewleader must have. It is the obligation of the crewleaders to have a considerable amount of time for theor members, sharing their insights, the ins and outs of our world, basically the essentials that you have said and at the same time, had the presence in the streets in which you confidently support each time their mouth speaks. As such Roboakheart and Bjorn_ironside displays.

On the side note, an excellent crewleader should respect the choices his associates had decided. Should the associate wants to join another crew? Let them be, for they are just associates, not yet a true member of your fam with out exchanges, without demands. It may be bad for the business but a tad of respect to the community.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

OBLIGATIONS- now there is a word, right? What on earth does it mean; An act or course of actions to which a person is legally bound to do something.

So, we all are now familiar with what the word means, id like you to keep this in the back of your minds as i navigate you through my speech. Lets put this word into context, when it comes to running your very own crew. For me, your very first and foremost OBLIGATION is to keep your family and your organisation as safe and as tight-nit as you can. You do this buy running a tight ship and the only way you can keep it water tight is to keep your business as close to your chest as possible. Keeping it in-house. Having the doors to your HQ firmly locked behind you so not a single soul from outside of your organisation can see how the cogs turn inside your family. After all, information is key in this wold. 

The next OBLIGATION goes hand-in-hand with the initial point. And for most parts they both have the same principle, your family is an extension to your city and its heads. Should it be that your city is of the conventional status. the very bones of all those organizations, all the important information is kept in a sealed vault and only specific eyes within the whole organisations within a city will be privy to it. This is nothing new to this world, its been like that from day one and rightly so. 

As Crew Leader there is also an OBLIGATION to police your family, to work your family and to get the best out of them. Once again, all these actions are dealt with internally, inside the safety of your own walls. internal matters stay internal, of course. They lead the way they think they should and more than likely they lead they way they have been led before. 

So keeping this topic current give the recent crowed that was just standing over the pathway there ill tell you what isnt an Obligation. To strip the role of a Crew Leader bare, in no way are you OBLIGED to step out onto the streets and make yourself known. This isnt an action or an obligation that will keep your crew safe. (ill extend on this point late on) Street speaking isnt a basic need in keeping your organisation safe. Its really that simple. when you speak about OBLIGATIONS and the basics of what the means to run a crew being active and vocal in the streets isnt it. 

The reason i point this out is because of the recent debate, i feel the line between people thinking that someone is obliged to be vocal in streets vs the chance they have been given withing the favor system has been smudged, and badly. There is no obligation or necessity to be out here, its a choice, a choice that will effect your standings in the community. Of course this world has shifted to try to emphasis the credibility of being vocal and we understand what it can do for us- i fully support the ideology (within reason) but like ive said, dont get misunderstood what it really is and isnt.

What is it you look for a crew leader to be?

Honestly... just someone who knows their strengths, their limitations and knows how to make the most of what they have got. Ive said it before and ill say it again, every person in an organisation will play their parts. Everyone has a role and a good leader will know exactly how to get that out of them and let them flourish an anyway they can. Lets use street presence as an example, im not sure its been mentioned for a while. We have a Crew Leader who doesn't have the language capabilities that others do but they have a handful of people within their set-up who are very good at it. Surely that counts for the family doing their bit for the "community". 

Its a very naive approach to think that a Crew Leader has a great standard of every skill in this world that they can. Dont get me wrong we have some that do excel in all areas but we have to allow for others that dont and accept that a good leader will extend their family through the people who can help fill the gap. 

but we all have our parts to play in our own organisations.  "Community" comments come second when it comes to Crew Leader delivering first class OBLIGATIONS to their members. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Insta has detailed pretty much everything that needs to be said on this. I found my focus always fell to those fresh off the boat. If I could create an environment that welcomed and motivated new people, I figured it would reduce the numbers which quickly fell asleep and were gunned down.

There's no way I can measure the success of that, unfortunately, but it is an approach which was passed from my father to me.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Attending to BrotherHec's speech, Spacey stands near his leader. Scanning the crowd for any foes who may try and take a cheap shot at his boss in a time of being vulnerable. After several minutes of staying on guard something was said that kept echoing in the back of his head that turned his attention back to Hec.

What are the duties of a crew leader for you? What is it you look for a crew leader to be? 

SpaceCowboy's ears perk up, hearing the speech coming to an end he waits for others to have there say before leaving his boss with an army of bodyguards while he takes the stage.

I'd have to say my answers go for both questions, the duties in a leader for me are the ones my bloodline looks for when choosing where to call home.

Providing protection to your family and city is key in my eyes as a leader. Whether that is fortifications, bodyguards or backing your family when they make a mistake and find a resolve if able rather than offing ones head without even a discussion.

Training/teaching new folks in this world is also a must, for if you cannot provide the essential notes and information needed you will find your family not working at tip top shape and mistakes are bound to happen.

Being active and keeping communications between your members and city heads are also key to any successful family. My bloodline always welcomed new friendly faces whether they were a well known name or someone fresh off the boat.

Constantly setting new goals for yourself and your family is always a good start to creating any new organization. This helps to keep your members thinking long term and striving to reach their mark and assigning a new goal so interest isn't lost.

And finally....a brand new....suit! Yes you fucking heard it! Of course this along with all my answers are just an opinion but without being well groomed and looking sharp how can your members take you serious or identify you from all the other bums around town?

After having his say SpaceCowboy searches his pants pocket pulling out a lighter. Grabbing a cigarette from his ear he lights it, takes a long drag and exhales before making his way back to Hec's side.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Bjorn had been listening attentively to his good friend BrotherHec sharing his vision and his thoughts on leadership and was intrigued with the intial responses coming from members of his own city. To him it sounded like the key points of BrotherHec's speech were rather left alone and the focus was purely lain upon 1 specific word. As he saw later reactions he still molded his thoughts together and decided it was time to share his thoughts.

"Dear Brother, 

Those are good words, I find them resounding and for those in my family close to me know I could have easily given a very similar speech expressing my own thoughts. Those of my family that have been given a badge know that the responsibility of the wellbeing of a family does not solely lie with the leader but all those wearing the badge. However I do agree by taking a bold suit and taking the role of family lead you need to step up your game. Whereas Insta refers quite often that not every leader is an allround powerhouse, which I find very realistic and agree, I do agree with BrotherHec that stepping out of your comfort zone is part of leadership. One can of course delegate tasks towards more specialized and talented individuals in your organization which personally I make use of. However when it comes to the identity of your family and the vision of how it is run I believe originates from the person in charge. Surely we have seen examples where leaders have been speeching in the street very eloquently but when comparing these to chat transcripts seem night and day. Personally I do believe good leaders are able to present their visions and opinions but could request support in the method of conveying this message. However completely outsourcing this would leave room for doubt. Is this the full unedited, unaltered opinion of the family lead or is it somehow skewed by the personal touches of the representing member.

Leaving that as my first point, the second point would be what it takes to be a good leader. This topic will be able to keep me ranting on for hours and I do not think that is required. For me the core points of being a good leader is to be fair and just. This will include making decisions in which you weigh the greater good vs the personal needs of an individual member. But I think in the end it boils down to the ability to make every member understand how they can fit in the greater good. Some come to my family knowing as early as Thugs what their goal in life is where others as promotion potential still are searching. Granting them time to make up their minds is essential but also discussing potential future roles in support of the family can lead to them finding purpose in their lives. Aside for that I do believe in the requirement to be their representative leader, be aware what is going on with them and talk to all of them on an individual basis. Some might need more time, some might need less. Overall make sure all of them feel attended for and a valuable part of your family, how they get that feeling is for you and your made+ to find out."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Obligations of a CrewLeader
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL