Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 21:32:25
Page:  1 
The Paragons: An Announcement Started by: KateLogan on Oct 25, '16 23:41

Kate stood in her office, looking out at the Detroit skyline in the evening twilight and thinking about the first time she had seen it. After spending so much of her life in the country, tall buildings still seemed somewhat unnatural to her. But this is where the action happened. She reached for the jacket on the back of her chair; it was a heavier material that offered more protection from the autumn chill than her old vest. Her jeans, at least, were new. Although some things never changed, she thought, as she rested her hand on the hilt of her father's revolver. What would Dan Bogan think of her, if he saw her now? What would her mother think? Perhaps they'd both be proud. Better to think so.

She made her way through Downtown Detroit, pausing for a few minutes at West Montcalm Street to ensure there were no issues. As she leaned against one of the buildings and scanned the pedestrians, she tried to think of a name in her head.

Predators? She liked it. Before she got to Detroit, this would have been the choice. But her time working with ChristianGato had changed her. There was more to her life now than being deadlier- although her father may have scoffed to hear it.

Peacemakers? Certainly very fitting, considering the revolver at her side. But, again, she was more than her gun now. Besides, "keeping the peace" in the traditional sense of punishing lawbreakers didn't exactly fit her current line of work.

Philosophers? God, no. She liked a good discussion, but she wasn't planning to sit and ponder all day.

After a few moments, she smiled, pushed herself off the building, and made her way to the office of her boss.

Christian was sitting behind his desk when she entered and he waved her toward the chair across from him. As she leaned back and smiled, he raised an inquisitive eyebrow that spurred her to speak.

"Yes boss, I picked a name. The Paragons. I don't expect to be perfect, of course, and I don't expect that every member of the crew will be perfect either. But I want us to chase excellence- to be exemplars to our world."

She leaned forward, resting her elbows on her thighs.

"I don't want to be one of those people that goes bold and disappears. I want to make an impact, whether that's in speeches in the streets or the paper or helping show new arrivals the way to do things- just like you showed me. I'd like to leave a legacy, because I don't know if I'm leaving any children behind. When I'm staring down the barrel of a gun and I know my number is up, I want to be at peace. I want to know I gave it my all... and not be thinking about everything I didn't do."

"I've purchased a building on Park Avenue. I'm moving some printing equipment into the first floor for The Logan Review. The basement is pretty big; it should serve as a good HQ- particularly for an operation as small as mine. Once I'm set up, I'm sure the word will get around. A new, small operation- and I hope to be the best. Because why shoot for anything else?"

Christian paused for a moment before he nodded slowly, a warm smile spreading across his face as he and Kate both began planning. 

Report Post Tip

Today SpaceCowboy had received news of a newly organized family setting up within the heart of Detroit, a city that Spacey once held dear to him. Packing his cigarettes against his palm he searches his house frantically looking for his keys and wallet. Having finally found them he does one last check making sure he has everything prepared and ready. He locks up his house and heads towards the stables, mounting and saddling his horse he takes off into the streets.

After about seven hours of riding and pit stops for his horse SpaceCowboy arrives outside of a large building near Park Avenue. He double checks the address he had written down prior to leaving home before tying his horse to a light post and walking towards the building.

SpaceCowboy wasn't exactly sure when the gates would open but he patiently awaited outside, as he pulls out his cigarette to light it he notices a door creak open, It was Kate.

Howdy partner! Tips his hat in respect.

Though we've never met I'd like to congratulate you on your achievement in establishing your own family. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and hope to one day do business together.

Reaching into his pocket he reveals a bottle of scotch and passes it along to one of Kate's bodyguards as a gift.

Report Post Tip

Bishop had only met Kate recently, but he knew congratulations were in order. If anyone liked a reason to raise a drink, it was this Irishman!

Walking to the newly off the market building, he noticed a man outside passing a bottle to one of the burly men at the door.

"Seems someone beat me to it," he whispered, pulling his coat open and looking to the bottle of booze hidden within. "Na matter, two bottles an' t'ree glasses makes fer a great time!"

He looked up and down the street before briskly crossing it. Sliding up next to the small gathering, he nodded to SpaceCowboy and also to Kate who poked her head through the crack in the door. "Top o' tha marnin' lads, lassie."  He nodded as he spoke to all around. Leaning in, he quietly addressed them as a few uniforms passed, "T'ink we should be havin' this lit'l meet behind tha doors, hi?"

He grinned, excitedly; perhaps even goofy-like.

Report Post Tip

Mavis had learned a tremendous amount for the period he got to work with Kate. It was evident early to him that that she was going to be somebody, and quick. He knew the workload that Kate had taken on, and even with that, he was amazed she was able to put together a successful publication, from the ground up. 

Ms. Logan, It felt like it was just yesterday, the two of us were just a couple of 'wise-guys', trying to prove our place within Detroit. Look at us now, eh? 

As someone who has leaned on you for so much, I have absolutely no doubt that you will lead an amazing organization. Salud!

Report Post Tip

Hustling up the HQ walkway with her trenchcoat wrapped tightly around her to fight off the fall chill, Mercedes sees several familiar faces gathered near the entrance. Most seemed to be holding gifts of liquor. Chuckling, she opens her coat and extracts her own gift of Johnny Walker Red.

"Like minds, eh? Good thing I brought these, too..." she says as she pulls a box of Nat Sherman's out with her other hand. She then leans in and places a kiss on Kate's cheek. "Congratulations, Kate. I don't believe anyone's been more deserving of this honor. You've already done so much, I can't wait to see what you'll do for Detroit next!"

Report Post Tip

Kate emerges into the streets, mind already racing. She halts as she hears SpaceCowboy speak to her.

Thank you for the kind words, sir; they are greatly appreciated. I hope to do business with you as well.

Kate grins as MavisBeacon and Bishop appear.

Thanks for bringing the celebration with you, Bishop. We'll have to share that bottle soon. And Mavis, we've certainly been through a lot together in a short time. I look forward to continuing to work with you in our new capacities.

Kate freezes for just a moment as Mercedes_Kompressor appears and kisses Kate on the cheek. Rarely speechless, Kate quickly smiles and addresses the other woman.

Thank you, Mercedes, for both of those gifts. Your kind words truly mean a lot to me. As for what I'll do next? Well, there's a few things on my list- but visiting your bar a second time is near the top.

Report Post Tip

PresidentDonaldTrump was walking down Park Avenue in search of the soon to opened offices of The Logan Review, when he saw a small crowd packed in front of a building.

"This must be it!"

As he walks towards the building he recognises some familiar faces in the crowd. At the gate he sees SpaceCowboy and Bishop passing bottles of scotch to a bodyguard. While this is happening KateLogan shows up to welcome the crowd. MavisBeacon holds a nice speech about their time together in Detroit. Mercedes_Kompressor comes walking up to us holding a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label.

PresidentDonaldTrump begins to think @KateLogal might develop a drinking problem this way, while looking at his gift.
A bottle of Remy Martin 1738 Accord in his hands...

"Hello Kate! You know i respect you for all that you do here. I wish you the best of luck setting up your shop my dear!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Paragons: An Announcement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL