Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 00:13:25
Page:  1 
A Ghost Entering Detroit. Started by: GhostFaceJr on Oct 26, '16 22:05

He had heard a lot about this place, some by drunk family members who spouted off more than they perhaps should have, even as a young boy, he knew that one day he would at the very least visit the city. Maybe even settle if the wind blew in the right direction. This was told with quiet whispers and hushed tones whenever he was in the vicinity, however he knew what they were talking about..

They were speaking of things they shouldn't. He learned techniques that at the time were childish and simple. Eavesdropping, hiding in areas where others wouldn't think to hide. But he didn't know at the time this is what his father wanted, he wanted him to become what he was capable of..

Before he knew that life would come calling, using those same skills that he learned, he saw his father and had heard of his grandfather doing things that would be best not mentioned. This didn't change his mind like it should have, instead it fascinated him, even looking back at it now he would call it an obsession.

Those same stories that he had heard, told of promise and riches. These stories may have brought him to this fine city, but ironically the exact opposite made him stay..

This passion for things left unspoken was quietly nurtured by his father who had secretly hoped that his son may one day take up the family mantle, others called this a title but to them it was a way of life. The mantle was simply 'Ghost'. Every family member who was deemed worthy to follow the footsteps of the last was referred to as simply Ghost. This was taught secretly by the master, to the unsuspecting student. How could they know that they were being taught vital life lessons? How could they know that childish games, became dangerous and thrilling games of life and death? The simple answer is they couldn't.

People went and came but they were always Ghost. There were rumors of the last, this sometimes wasn't intended, but who could deny some fun sometimes? If a certain somebody stoked those flames then that was best left unsaid..

'This was enough reminiscing' He thought to himself. 'But it is time to start a new chapter of the tale I guess.' He smiled to himself as he shook his head of these thoughts.

Walking around some of the streets he had a feeling that he would be able to enjoy life here, even if wasn't as glorious as stories told it to be, because here was his new home.

As he walked, he was thinking to himself too much, especially as walking involves a certain amount of concentration. Which currently he didn't possess. As a result he bumped into a poor person. Immediately he tried to fix the situation.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going!" He exclaimed.
Little did he know that life was going to turn interesting...

Report Post Tip

Mercedes smiles and looks at the young, flustered man before her.

"No worries, friend. I've not seen you around here before. You new in town? Ahhh, you must be. Otherwise I wouldn't be holding this," she says with a wink and another smile as she hands GhostFaceJr his wallet back.

"You here looking for work, by any chance? Because I'm looking for people..."

Report Post Tip

Surprise is the first thing that showed on his face. "How..How did you do that?" Momentarily forgetting who he was he replied completely in shock. After slowly reaching over to his wallet, he was astounded to see his money was still in there. 

Focusing on what she said before he replied. "I arrived not long ago in this city, I must say that is an interesting way to recruit people." He winked. Let it not be forgotten that even if he lost his composure, he loved flirting and trying to charm people. So he was going to make up for it.

"I might be on the lookout for work, but I'd like to know what you'd be offering if that's alright?" He queried.

Report Post Tip

It was cold out, and Mercedes enjoyed a good flirt herself, so she looped her arm through his and started walking as she spoke.

"Let's get some coffee, it's chilly out here!" she says as she steers him towards the nearest shop.

"I'm offering opportunity, Ghost." Chuckling at the look of shock on his face, she explains. "I saw your identification when you checked to see if I'd skimmed some of your cash.

"But beyond opportunity, there will be money. And power. And most importantly, Ghost,  there will be family..."

Report Post Tip

Being led by a bossy albeit a cute women was not how he planned his day. But life has a way of throwing curve balls at you. He had to admit that walking arm in arm with a women already was a positive for the day, he would see if that would only be part of many or just a few.

"I.." He paused, seeing her instinctively lean closer. " Would like a coffee." He announced with a smirk on his face, seeing a waitress acknowledge his announcement and indicate her arrival shortly, he continued. 

"I am certainly interested in this opportunity you have, however I'm not in it for the normal reasons you might throw at people. Like you have a me. But a family does sound intriguing. Do please tell me more?" He smiled.

Report Post Tip

yyyyyyyyyy looked up from his morning cup of joe as the door chimes made a noise when two people walked in, arms interlocked. 

'Ahhh Detroit couples, so cute.' He thought

As soon as the woman looked up from the ground, he choked on the coffee a bit as he recognized his crew leader and then cleared his throat. 

"Heya boss! I see you have as impeccable taste in a fresh roast as I do! Erm, on the way in, there was still a bike tied to the lamppost, right?"

Report Post Tip

"As much as I'd like to say no, your bike is indeed out there," she calls over to yyyyyyyyyy.

Once their coffees have arrived, Mercedes leads Ghost over to yyyyyyyyyy's table. 

"My new acquaintance Ghost here is considering joining us," she says as she pulls out a chair and sits, indicating he should do the same.

"He wants more than the typical promises. Something like a family," she says as she leans in toward yyyyyyyyyy. 

"And speaking of family, you worry me like a mother hen, puttering around on that bicycle. When are you going to let me buy you some decent transportation?"

Report Post Tip

Well, we can definitely offer a family...

after carefully considering, yyyyyyyyyy says

He can live at my place if he really needs to crash somewhere!

A hearty chuckle accompanies the words.

The only thing that I can keep close enough to home in the danged alley of mine is that bike, and its good for cardio. Keeps ya in shape in case the fuzz comes a knockin'. 

Hitting the table with his bare knuckles to emphasize his point

Anyways, Ghost and I met a little while ago when I was casing the Art Museum, and we got out with a good haul. He's a good fella, I suppose. We may as well offer the best we can, the times are getting tough, gonna need some trusted individuals on our side. 

He waves a waitress over to pay for his bill and slides out of his chair

Catch ya on the flip side. Make sure to keep your wits about you, Ghost. Mercedes, I know you'll be fine.

He tips his hat and pushes open the door to the brisk morning air.

Report Post Tip

Seeing the ease in the way they interacted, Ghost knew he had found what he was looking for. So he was going to accept, but first he wanted to get to know this women.. Mercedes..

Seeing yyyyyyyyyy leave he knew that now was the time to respond.

"Interesting friend you have" He smiled cheekily. "I wish to accept this job we were discussing, however I have a small stipulation I wanted to add.." He paused for a small amount of time then continued in a lower and what he thought was a more charming voice.

"I wish for you to show me around this place, I have heard a lot about this place but that doesn't do the city justice.. Will you allow me to see the full thing, with you?" He smiled.

"But before you answer that, let me just say that I was invited to a job with your friend and we managed to obtain a nice haul. So please allow me to treat you to this drink?" He winked.

Report Post Tip

Smiling, Mercedes accepts the gesture. It is indeed difficult to find good mafioso these days, and this young man had impressed her.

"Of course, I'd be more than happy to show you around. It's your new home, and the more you know, the more you see, the better you'll do here,"she says.

"Tomorrow is tax collevtion day. How about coming along? We can make a day of it...you'll meet some of our business aquaintances, see the sights, and get your toes wet, all at the same time!"

Report Post Tip

He knew that he was going to see some interesting things so of course he accepted, but he couldn't manage to withhold some charm.

"It's a date." He winked. "Until then unless you have plans do you want to go for a walk? Being in this shop is nice but I don't know about you but being somewhere for too long gets me antsy." He offered his hand to her after he stood..

Report Post Tip

6 Months Later...

Mercedes and Ghost are sitting down to a martini lunch. They'd just finished making rounds, collecting taxes. They didn't really need to travel as a pair, but it had become a comfortable habit, and it wasn't such a bad idea to have someone have your back when you were carrying around enormous amounts of cash.

Ghost had skyrocketed up the food chain in a short period of time. Mercedes had trusted and relied upon him early on, and he'd never disappointed her. When he wasn't recruiting and training new crew members, he was busy making a positive presence both inside and outside of the crew headquarters. 

Staring at the martini, he looked a bit confused.

"What's with the fancy cocktail, Boss? Usually we just throw back a shot or two while we eat," he says, unsure how exactly he should drink it. Sip it? Knock it back in one slug?

Mercedes smiles widely.

"We're celebrating, Ghost," she says as she lifts her martini. 

"You've been nothing but a positive force within the crew. Today, you are a Made Man representing Exhale. On top of that, I want you to be my Left Hand Man."

Report Post Tip

He was stunned.. sure he had been helping out at the HQ with the new recruits but he assumed everybody did that. 'Maybe not then' He thought.

Being Made was a big deal, but also being offered the position of Left Hand is what truly shocked him. However if he knew his boss well, he knew her as a friend even better. She would only accept one answer. That was the answer he gave.

Raising his martini glass to hers, he spoke. " I would be honored to be your Left Hand Mercedes. Here's to the future of not only us, but Exhale as well!" The sound of clinking glass could be heard.

"Aside from the fancy drinks what else did you have in mind for celebrating?" He winked at her. It had begun as just trying to charm each other. Now it was a game between them. One that seemed to have no end.

"Because I have a few ideas" He chuckled.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Ghost Entering Detroit.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL